Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yeah, you will have fail people continously pulling so no one can leave group, no thx.
    Why do people bring this up as a bad side?

Good side - You pull faster and finish sooner. If you wipe, you're out of combat.

Bad side - ???

also, you can run out of the instance and / or not be near the party when they pull. You won't be in combat if they pull a group and you aren't close to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chewymac View Post
    May be a bit off topic, but ive noticed people having "friends" who can que as a tank, and then the "tank" leaving when the group is found. Been going on for quite awhile, but its annoying as well. "YAY, my group is found...awww..now to twait in the instance for the first tank that que's" which could be 5 seconds from now, or 10 minutes later!
    Fixed this, you can't do this anymore - you get kicked when your tank leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Then I can't get away from all those terrible DPSers who stand in fire and can't kill adds when I'm sick and tired of wiping on easy stuff.

Sorry, OP, but I'd rather be the guy who can leave in combat to save my 5th repair bill than the guy who can't leave combat because someone else wanted to be a jerk and cause the first one.
    And you are the reason I agree with the OP.. "OMG we wiped" leave group..
    sick and tired of you self righteous healers who think they can do anything because of their roll.

For the record: I am a healer and tank, and I stay with the pug, no matter the wipes. Why? Because there can be new people there, and if I can help them. I will. It's called being social, which helps a lot in an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the people you meet in randoms shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. But they do. Life's not fair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    And you are the reason I agree with the OP.. "OMG we wiped" leave group..
    sick and tired of you self righteous healers who think they can do anything because of their roll.

For the record: I am a healer and tank, and I stay with the pug, no matter the wipes. Why? Because there can be new people there, and if I can help them. I will. It's called being social, which helps a lot in an MMO.
    Because after four deaths you should definitely be making the exact same mistakes over and over again. Nowhere in my post did I say anything about not wanting to help. What I said is I'd much prefer the option of leaving people who cannot be helped, refuse help, or otherwise are beyond my capacity to sustain patience with sheer stupidity. New =/= bad. Bad = bad. If you're bad, I don't need my time wasted by you.

Just because you have that much time to waste in your day doesn't mean I do. That's not self-righteousness. That's called time management.

But let me guess. You red the first line to go onto your tirade of accusation rather than read the second line and realize that I'm not leaving after one death. As expected of a typical MMO forum poster.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    You then wouldn't be able to leave at all if people intentionally kept combat for that reason.
    so they'd be 4 manning the dungeon for you - who cares?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they leave than be stuck with them

Then I can't get away from all those terrible DPSers who stand in fire and can't kill adds when I'm sick and tired of wiping on easy stuff.

Sorry, OP, but I'd rather be the guy who can leave in combat to save my 5th repair bill than the guy who can't leave combat because someone else wanted to be a jerk and cause the first one.
    If you are still in a group which you know is bad after wiping several times you pretty earned all the ones that come after.

The vast vast vast majority of times it happens is because someone is being a jerk.
    Last edited by Wyattbw09; 2011-04-30 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if they fix it to where you can't leave group when you are in combat people will just start alt+f4'ing. To be honest there is no real way to stop them from doing it.

People already alt-f4 their way out of groups, so preventing the leaving in combat will only change how they leave and force you to use a vote-kick instead.
    It solves nothing.
    Lower priority, and therefore longer queues for those who leave dungeons repeatedly, and ideally a bias towards dungeons they leave repeatedly would have a better effect.
    If you leave a dungeon repeatedly then you should find yourself in it even more often.
    Shouldnt be hard to work out how the wow client is being closed, by an alt-f4 or a crash/dc if blizzard put their mind to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddiedotcom View Post
    I thought it gives you a 30 minute debuff?
    Only when you leave if it is less than 15 mins since you got in the group I believe.

Agreed.

If anything needs to be fixed with LFD, it's leaving while in combat. You can't make someone else leave during combat or loot rolls, so other people shouldn't be allowed to leave then, either. Of course, not with a strange 'can not leave within 5 minutes of combat' thing, just until the little swords are gone and combat is actually over.

But no, instead, they decided to further protect asses and idiots with the latest LFD tool changes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

Quote Originally Posted by pomop View Post
    Why do people bring this up as a bad side?

Good side - You pull faster and finish sooner. If you wipe, you're out of combat.

Bad side - ???

also, you can run out of the instance and / or not be near the party when they pull. You won't be in combat if they pull a group and you aren't close to them.
    Usually you want to kick someone to prevent wiping, if a person does said thing its a wipe anyway. There are several ways this could be handled but it doesnt look like blizz is keen on doing complicated changes to lfg system

Idiots will find a way to piss you off anyway probably
    Last edited by Azerate; 2011-05-01 at 01:46 AM.

Maybe for the ppl who leave while in combat they should get a 3/6/12/24 hour banned from being able to queue for randoms. Each time they do it, the penalty increases.

As long as death will be damaging my equipment, big NO to this.

Deleted
    This is so Diablo2-hardcore. Leave before you die.
    Except in WoW it won't delete you, don't do it.

Honestly, some people are just bad themselves. I've experienced people in my group telling a healer/tank to leave because their gear is a complete joke, and very obvious that they won't be able to stay alive/keep anyone alive. This usually happens when we have a DPS que'ing as a healer/tank, with no healing gear or Tanking gear - When you ask the person to leave, they decide to pull a boss or some trash, to get the entire group killed for their own pleasure.

Deleted

Oh noes! 1 more wipe. 10% more durability loss! Thats like... what you earn when you fart! Oh noes!!!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with this.

Pull
    Shadowmeld
    Let everyone die
    ???
    Profit

I ran a heroic blackrock caverns today.

We got to the second boss.

One of the DPS didn't know how to stand in the beams properly. He allowed one of the adds to transform.

I left group immediately. I didn't want a repair bill because PUGs are garbage and don't know how to play the game, I can only assume the chaos that ensued after I left and all their certain deaths.

I only tank fail pugs in the first place for the goody bag because randoms are a good way to earn gold with a halfway decent group, and also bonus flasks and pots. But I do not tolerate failure, and when they prove themselves to be fail, they are abandoned and I simply insta queue for a new group that isn't fail and still profit.