Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aestu View Post
    Your question is its own answer.
    Lets rephrase this then.

If a "real" raider is in it mostly for the fun of the raid itself. Why bother to get all hot and bothered that 5 man instances also hand out a gear which is colored purple?

E peens are so one delineate to what degree of hardcore one is. It presumes that you have to be hardcore to even have an e peen to brag about. So only hardcore players care about the size of ones e peen. To anyone else that fact that a raider has managed to take down a boss five seconds quicker them some other hardcore raider had no meaning what so ever.

So the fact that you are worried about who gets what welfare epics and who has a bigger e peen then someone else tells me that you are already so hardcore it is doubtful that you can get your mind around the idea of casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    It was about getting the huge number of players who play plate wearing classes yet are afraid to tank to give it a try.
    And you are correct, in the short term this leads to an influx of rookie tanks, and hence bad results. However, in the long term it could work well. Out of every 100 new tanks this system brings in, a handful of those are going to end up being good with practice.... which does help address the problem, over time. It doesn't solve it, but it does make it better.

Should recieve a Satchel as dps regardless of call to arms if you do over 50% of the dps on a run.

It's completely stupid the amount of dps which do the bare minimum and expect to be carried. Most runs recently i've done 55-65% of the damage, and it's not like the other players are undergeared, they're just not doing anything.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

First off, you probably made this up. Someone in full crappy greens probabaly couldn't get in a heroic. Another thing, don't be an ass. I don't care if the entire group was with you on this one. So you're in a group with someone bad. Maybe, you could offer to help them or give them pointers? Looks like Karma's a bitch.

When people say "elitist" in this context, what they really mean is, "someone who tells me I'm not as good as I wish I was."
    When people say "friendly" in this context, what they really mean is "let me think and do whatever I want".
    It seems like you got my message wrong.

Look again at the conversation you gave us.

[85:Aestu]: no he probably left because you all suck ass
    This is really not the way to bring it. Also, who says that you were performing perfect in the battle?
    Use "we" instead of you first of all.
    Example:
    "Well, maybe we failed on some parts."

[85:Aestu]: no, I'm simply correct
    Do I need to explain?

I could go on but I'm not going to waste more time on this.

The message is simply. Be friendly to your group, good or bad, it makes it a better experience for everyone.

I'm not really sure what this post was even about. It was pretty hard on teh brain to read.

You hate PUGs...because you got kicked...and all you wanted was a satchel.

...o...kay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

it's amazing how awful plate dps can be, I can't deal with it when you see some ret tard or dk or warrior that is wearing half tank gear, half pvp gear and gems completely wrong. it's just too much. it's as bad as the tanks that try to tank in pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucialus View Post
    I call fake on this. Green gear doesn't equal for the ilvl needed to queue on a pug. :/ And if he had better on the bags, why not equip it?
    My rogue is in about half green gear and can queue for heroics. I also put out at least 7k dps on bosses.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucialus View Post
    I call fake on this. Green gear doesn't equal for the ilvl needed to queue on a pug. :/ And if he had better on the bags, why not equip it?
    I currently have 4 greens equipped on my alt that I dinged today and I can still enter heroics. Only 329 Ilvl is needed and with greens being 318 you dont really need much gear

Quote Originally Posted by Totesmagoats View Post
    Im a tank and queued for a random Cata heroic for the Satchel
    Got a pretty crappy group, I was the tank and I was #1 DPS on every pull including the first boss and I was also doing all the Interrupts on the healers
    Im doing like ~14k dps, and everyone else is doing 10-12k, minus the Ret Paladin.

The Ret Paladin with green tank gear, an agility polearm, and unenchanted ungemmed heroic gear he was carried to.
    He was doing about 4k dps, and never interrupted. And on the pull I ask him to CC, he just looks at the group for a second, then runs into it and wipes us, he called himself terrible for doing that. I then looked at his spec and he wasnt even specd into Repetance.

Anyone we get past the first boss and he died to avoidable dmg of course and did 3.8k dps. I tell the group im not going any further with him, and well wait the 2 minutes to kick him.
    The Ret Paladin tries to defend himself, but EVERYONE in the group is ripping on his terrible damage and failures.

2 minutes are up, start to vote to kick. Then I see "you have been removed from the group"... They kicked me
    1 of the pugs was on my server so i asked him WTF was that, he said that the Ret pally initiated the kick, and he and the other pugs thought the kick was for the ret pally and just hit yes....

TL;DR I hate pugs. They are so terrible and fail not even a little bag with some gold and a chance for a mount is worth dealing with them.
    Stop complaining. I have the ultimate rant story:
    I just found out the first boss in DM will despawn 8 minutes after he reached p2 with the firewall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    I have kicked 4/5 Tanks with attitude problems. I don't care how geared you are, or how good you think you are, but you start giving people hassle then your out of my group.

9/10 times, the vote passes, we get a new tank and we continue to the end of the instance and actually enjoy ourselves in the process. Sorry
    Bull. You vote kick that much, you couldn't kick a can much less a tank. Although if you can't be big elsewhere, be big on the internet, huh?

I've seen some horrible groups in my days of RDF. I've also seen some ppl who are exceptional. What would i do in your case? Honestly, I would've kept on going. However, I know what your group meant about kicking the retardin but instead you got kicked. Maybe blizz needs to revamp the display so you know exactly who you are kicking from grp, whether it be dc or retardins.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people say "elitist" in this context, what they really mean is, "someone who tells me I'm not as good as I wish I was."
    When people say "friendly" in this context, what they really mean is "let me think and do whatever I want".
    No, not really. You acted like a complete prick who showed up to a group and immediately insulted everyone because you just think you're that awesome. So awesome, you had to post the transcript here to show all of us just how awesome you are.

"Friendly" means, if someone is doing something wrong, tell them and give them a chance to listen to advice or correct it. You should behave like a neutral NPC around strangers — there's no need to attack unless provoked first by outright obdurance or hostility.

It seems more like you just love yourself, and jump at any chance to remind other people you love yourself because you are awesome. And this is an attitude I see with alot of LFD tanks who somehow think tanking LFD makes them Jesus Christ, Superstar.

Tanks who show up and scream, "Let's go, maggots! What? Sorry! Can't hear you over the sound of how much more awesome I am than you!" are the ones I get "distracted" and "forget" to heal every so often once I'm sure the DPS can survive the remainder of the pull.

I understand how easy it is to slip into this mindset, because I'm learning to heal right now and groups who charge forward without regard to any mechanics or planning and just dumbly expect me to fix everything with my dwindling mana supply tempt me sorely to become quite a miserly person. But I don't, because it's a goddamn bloody game, and so I take a deep breath, remind myself I can organize a handpicked PUG if LFD is too much for me, and try to work with people rather than just abuse them.

Perplexingly, a large portion of the time I manage to improve the situation significantly by just calling a time-out and explaining a few things I need them to do in order to help me out. People are much more receptive to, "Hey, I can't heal this if you don't CC because ... " than, "Gosh you dumbfucks, you obviously can't play, I'm far too good for this philistine behavior, go die in a fire".

Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Totesmagoats View Post
    Im a tank and queued for a random Cata heroic for the Satchel
    Got a pretty crappy group, I was the tank and I was #1 DPS on every pull including the first boss and I was also doing all the Interrupts on the healers
    Im doing like ~14k dps, and everyone else is doing 10-12k, minus the Ret Paladin.

The Ret Paladin with green tank gear, an agility polearm, and unenchanted ungemmed heroic gear he was carried to.
    He was doing about 4k dps, and never interrupted. And on the pull I ask him to CC, he just looks at the group for a second, then runs into it and wipes us, he called himself terrible for doing that. I then looked at his spec and he wasnt even specd into Repetance.

Anyone we get past the first boss and he died to avoidable dmg of course and did 3.8k dps. I tell the group im not going any further with him, and well wait the 2 minutes to kick him.
    The Ret Paladin tries to defend himself, but EVERYONE in the group is ripping on his terrible damage and failures.

2 minutes are up, start to vote to kick. Then I see "you have been removed from the group"... They kicked me
    1 of the pugs was on my server so i asked him WTF was that, he said that the Ret pally initiated the kick, and he and the other pugs thought the kick was for the ret pally and just hit yes....

TL;DR I hate pugs. They are so terrible and fail not even a little bag with some gold and a chance for a mount is worth dealing with them.
    The kicking interface is HORRIBLE.

I had an issue, put in a ticket, talked with a GM and the GM said "that shouldn't be happening" (details are irrelevant)

The whole system is buggy and the interface is terrible.

OP, the Ret pally was terrible, but his timing was GENIUS.

I queued up a zan'dalari heroic for the first time last night as a healer. Haven't been in there at all, neither had the tank. Lost all three DPS and the tank on the third trash pull because the tanked wiped us because he didn't know what he was doing. I had a new group in seconds, with a guy who explained to me what was going on. I took one explanation per boss, and it was a clean run, no wipes, and I even got my satchel (a concentration potion and 15 gold? gee, it's a huuuuge incentive!11!).

wasn't a big deal. It was odd being the noob but I appreciated someone taking 30 seconds to bring me up to speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you exaggerating here, mainly about the Ret Paladin, I was under the impression the minimum ilvl to enter the new instances was 346 and if he was in Greens like you said I doubt he was even eligible to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moral to the story: Never tell someone you are going to kick them, because chances are everyone will accept they are kicking the right person and not read the pop-up box.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorllin View Post
    First off, you probably made this up. Someone in full crappy greens probabaly couldn't get in a heroic. Another thing, don't be an ass. I don't care if the entire group was with you on this one. So you're in a group with someone bad. Maybe, you could offer to help them or give them pointers? Looks like Karma's a bitch.

Go read the OP again. He didnt say FULL GREENS!

its annoying when i am doing 20k and the rest are doing 8k, even more annoying when the tank cant hold boss threat

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 05:01 PM ----------

then i dont understand the 2 hour delay to kick someone, the random heroics dont even last 1 hour 0_o

10+ Year Old Account

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Dracopnious View Post
    I would never slow down overall group progress just because 1 person is under-performing. I would just wait for the kick timer to come up then kick the person, or if they aren't under-performing that badly and can easily be carried through (~8k dps is fine imo) then who cares?

I don't think its worth getting worked up over though, the heroics are easy to finish with the claimed dps you said.

Oh and most fail players I encounter tend to be tanks. But thats probably just because I'm a healer and am not picky at all about dps I usually end up interupting and CCing as healer because then at least I know its being done.
    Everyone adopt this attitude and the LFD community will be a better place!