Call to Arms Alteric Valley (AV) this weekend

Its call to arms Alteric Valley this weekend . My Favorate Battleground in WOW..

Alteric Valley takes abit of thinking regarding strategy.. thats why I like it.

Only thing that irritates me about AV, is those idiots that want to Zerg all the time.. A failed attempted zerg usually results in a Horrible never-ending Turtle..
    And the Zerg promoters are allway's the 1st to leave.

In the olden days pre-BC . AV battles took sometimes upto 8 hours to play..
    Now most people want their Honor Points from AV in 10 mins

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, Iam not very fond of the zergers either. Its like all that goes through their head is "Ok that one time we won an AV by zerging them really late at night, So that really must be the best tactic." Personally, I love to cap/recap towers. Not many people do it, because they are out farming HKs. But most victories come from capping towers and defending them.

it's not that i dislike Zerging it, it can work aslong as people know wtf to do and most importaintly having someone to defend the towers/bunkers.
    What makes me dislike the Zerging so much is that everyone thinks it's wotlk and just rush the end without defending towers being captured/defending them, not to mention half of them dying from pulling endboss before towers are down.

Yeah, "zerging" can work fine but dont even try it unless you have 10-20ppl that you know with you.

As Horde, the best games are the IWB choke turtles. Massive honor from kills, and a downright fun time.

10+ Year Old Account
    AV is the only BG I think I could and would love to have a game last all day. Any other BG I would freak out and probably smash my keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zerging does work as long as you have a few good healers and a decent tank in real tank gear. Take the bottom two towers then pull and win.

Defending Belinda also trips up the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    AV is the only BG I think I could and would love to have a game last all day. Any other BG I would freak out and probably smash my keyboard.
    Agreed, I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE it back in vanilla, spending hours upon hours in a single AV. I even played in an AV, logged out, came back the next day, and it was the SAME AV. Pretty awesome.

I don't mind the turtling though, having HUGE 40v40 fights is really fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Only thing that irritates me about AV, is those idiots that want to Zerg all the time.. A failed attempted zerg usually results in a Horrible never-ending Turtle..
    And the Zerg promoters are allway's the 1st to leave.

In the olden days pre-BC . AV battles took sometimes upto 8 hours to play..
    Now most people want their Honor Points from AV in 10 mins
    Never-ending turtle games are the best. It sounds like you're contradicting yourself.

I hate those players who want to turn the BG into some kind of PvE race. "Let's see who can PvE their way to the endboss fastest". The problem with that attitude is that in a 1 on 1 race without defense, Alliance wins in most cases. Horde must defend if they want any hope of winning.

It's actually quite satisfying winning a match by reaching 0 reinforcements.

the reason is probably you could only do battlegrounds and duels for pvp and raids for pve. things changed a lot and there are many, many more things to do for both pve and pvp. i like the idea of 40vs40s but i am sure that even you guys would hate to be in that looong alterac valleys more than once a month.

also i bet 85% of people have no idea about ivus the forest lord and lokholar the ice lord.
    Last edited by Angy; 2011-05-06 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KahnOWhoopass View Post
    As Horde, the best games are the IWB choke turtles. Massive honor from kills, and a downright fun time.
    And it appears to have the highest succes rate I agree its fun but not so much as melee xD As for AV being the most fun well when there's actual pvp involved yes, but if you stay at IW for example and defend there's a chance you will hardly run into any ally :/

Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    the reason is probably you could only do battlegrounds and duels for pvp and raids for pve. things changed a lot and there are many, many more things to do for both pve and pvp. i like the idea of 40vs40s but i am sure that even you guys would hate to be in that looong alterac valleys more than once a month.
    On my shaman, while lvling i had turtle av's all the tme because of IB GY capping and i loved it But i guess it would get old fast

ZERG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Deleted
    Well, I can tell you a true turtle story today, which proves that AV really requires thinking!

Back in march 2011 I was farming for honor a lot, I rather don't PvP, but I decided that my warlock will be PvP.
    One battle in Alterac Valley has proven me, that it really is a good battleground, from stategic and thinking point of view.

The Horde were prevailing all the time, we had killed Galv, they had done so with Balinda too.
    They took our bunkers fast, whereas we were having issues with taking the towers.
    Hordes moved north and wanted to zerg Dun Baldar, the allies base, but we were strong in defence there, about 30 people were defending against nearly all the Hordes on the battleground.

Suddenly I noticed: Horde destroyed all of our bunkers and killed Galv, and yet we had about 80 points of reinforcements. The Horde had about 280 at that time and all the Towers up. What I did was spamming people on /bg to take towers. The winning Horde suddenly turned to a big loser, because they were attacking like blind and didn't notice losing points from towers.

The Allies couldn't believe that, so couldn't I, but we claimed the victory and it was satisfying seeing all the "WTF? :O" Hordes!

It was the best AV turtle I've ever experienced in my life, AV is my fave BG by far - mainly because of the size of it. And it has no goddamn vehicles too, very good!

I hate AV, unlike some of the other bgs I can't carry the team to a win solo, I will probs be botting hard this weekend.

Deleted
    First i kinda liked AV, but now.... neh, ppl only want to zerg zerg and zerg, we always lose that way

Horde will lose on a zerg. Never seen anything else. Last time, we would have won if Balinda didn't ice block.

Deleted
    also i bet 85% of people have no idea about ivus the forest lord and lokholar the ice lord.
    Most memorable AV I ever had was in Wrath on my Ally Hunter. Horde were winning on reinforcements and had the majority of the Alliance penned in Dun Baldar, with the turtle slowly grinding our reinforcements on the bridge. They had over 100 reinforcements more than us and someone shouted to get the Forest Lord going, so we thought it was worth a shot. Next thing we know, several druids are powering their way through the horde on the way to Strife and the turtle was broken, Ally pushed through with the druids and nuked the Horde, going from an embarrassing loss to an awesome and funny win

OT, yay for AV weekend! My druid will be farming achievs and Honour there tomorrow now I know.

Deleted
    this weekend i will deliberately be joining av with 4 other guildies who equiped with the AV trinket will be loot whores and we will be summoning him up! it's a shame at 80 he was crap and a lot smaller than he used to be, but hopefully as we are stil in the first tier of this expansion he will be worth summoning ie actualy able to kil things other than other npc's. if he fails we will be seeing what a fully armour scraped infantry wave squad can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    AV is fun but back in vanilla it was the best 2 day AV <3 good old days.

I hate the guys that complain about zergs. In a zerg-AV, at least you get some HKs.

Much worse is the typical Rush-AV, that makes AV a pve-BG. Horde and Alliance never meet, and it's just about who captures towers faster. Or if there's some retardedly good geared people in there, who kills the king first with X amount of towers standing.

That's why I capture snow-whatever-graveyard as a horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Woot Av weekend is awsome, ally win like 90% for me and its always shortish games 200 honor plus per win, full bloodthirsty on my new 85 pala this weekend, aww yeah