Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    As I said, I was trying to stay within the spirit of the original idea. A flat reduction on PS/GH, while beneficial, is a bit of a yawn, tbh.

I really don't mind the idea of a proc that sticks around waiting to be activated. As I said, from a mechanics perspective, this is the only way a throughput tier bonus can be universally attractive to a healer, besides radically changing how tier bonuses are coded and designed.

Even if the "firefiend" did the healing for you, it still has the same issue of procing during a transition or light damage period.
    I looked back at the text of the post and it says "any helpful spell" which includes buffs... That'd be so aggravating to trigger it's ICD every time you rebuff someone.

If they limited it to proc off of certain spells or CDs (like Pain Suppression or Guardian Spirit) that you'd use only in high damage situations, then maybe they could avoid that problem? The only issue I'd see with that is that Priest healing is highly situational and customizable... One priests' strat for a fight may be totally insane to another, but they can both manage to do their job. =\

The shadow 2 pc is just great, but the 4 pc is a little meh. I know I have had 30 seconds with no orbs and usually don't use mind blast because of it. Like someone else said in this thread, I would rather have a damage bonus with the same prequisite, and maybe some extra SW tacked on to it too (because I am greedy).

Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    If they limited it to proc off of certain spells or CDs (like Pain Suppression or Guardian Spirit) that you'd use only in high damage situations, then maybe they could avoid that problem? The only issue I'd see with that is that Priest healing is highly situational and customizable... One priests' strat for a fight may be totally insane to another, but they can both manage to do their job. =\
    Yeah, that's the general problem with throughput procs and healers. I don't necessarily want to tie what is essentially a multi-target throughput CD to a single target spike CD.

Now, if they dropped the CD on Divine Hymn to 3min, that could be interesting, but that just isn't going to happen.

Fundamentally, the problem is it seems like raid healing is being balanced around the holy priest at the moment, which makes giving direct throughput bonuses universally to healing priests via a tier bonus quite a nightmare from a balancing perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovietrussia View Post
    I hate you, holy priests.

I already had to do your job for you by clicking your silly little well, now I need to click TWO?!!?

The Lightwell concept needs to die.
    if i didn't have to heal fail dps and waste mana then i wouldn't need to put a lightwell down

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Yeah, that's the general problem with throughput procs and healers. I don't necessarily want to tie what is essentially a multi-target throughput CD to a single target spike CD.

Now, if they dropped the CD on Divine Hymn to 3min, that could be interesting, but that just isn't going to happen.

Fundamentally, the problem is it seems like raid healing is being balanced around the holy priest at the moment, which makes giving direct throughput bonuses universally to healing priests via a tier bonus quite a nightmare from a balancing perspective.
    I'd have to agree. Trying to make a universally attractive bonus for tank/raid heals and Disc/Holy heals despite the wide variety you can have with our class is a bit crazy. The T11 works pretty well because it's the first tier and being spirit starved happens on some fights, but I don't see that being as much of an issue in later tier raids.

Maybe if they made it a proc where your direct healing spells (preferably Greater Heal since it's the "OMG, STOP DYING" one to spam) would trigger a HoT that does a portion of the same heal? Even in minimal damage parts of fights, that'd be somewhat nice to minimize mana cost on yourself and other healers.... But then again, that could be lame for some fights if it's literally no damage going out.

Blah.

Seeing as it was just data mined, already complaining about the 4pc healing bonus is blehh.

On the chance that is does get changed to something better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    4pc holy/disc: You have a chance when you cast a helpful spell to summon a Cauterizing Flame for 45sec. The Cauterizing Flame will heal X friendly raid or party members within X yards for 4625 to 5375 every X seconds.
    Fixed since healing 10 people at once is a bit OP.

I like the latest suggestion. =) The helpful spell part needs to be changed though; making it specific to heals would be preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The shadow 2 pc is just great, but the 4 pc is a little meh. I know I have had 30 seconds with no orbs and usually don't use mind blast because of it. Like someone else said in this thread, I would rather have a damage bonus with the same prequisite, and maybe some extra SW tacked on to it too (because I am greedy).
    The reason why you didn't use your MB is because you could have an Orb spawn just after you casted a regular MB effectively making you wait for it to come back up resulting in 6.5 secs less ES.
    With this setbonus that becomes less severe and you don't have to worry as much to cast it.
    The thing is, imagine a Shadowpriest being the only one in a raid providing replenishment. Waiting with MB that long hurts your healers in the long run. Not as much so with this setbonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopard View Post
    2P Bonus looks nice. Do you think it is a stackable buff?

4P Bonus might be interesting, but I don't think priests need a firewell.
    DOUBLE LOL-WELL!!! :-)

It always makes me happy when I see a Priest cast it and I always try to maximize having it on me w/o wasting charges on overhealing. People are just too lazy to "have to do something" to get healed. :-P

2x t12 heal and 2x t12 shadow, doesnt work anymore, doesn't it?

2min 45sec CD on our little manabattery is quite sexy as healer, I prefer that over having to rely on other people to do my healing. I hate that lighwell-philosophy they brought up. Please change healer p4...

It acutally doesnt look bad. seems like good bonus healing. (10x 5k on prog, which can be used when necessairy in the next 45sec)
    and yes, lightwell is good in terms of hpm and hps,
    but it just hate having to say "klick the well" hundreds of times!
    and i have to admit, after the removal of the "interact with target" button, it wont even be possible to use lightwell with shortcuts, and when Im healing, I dont always have the time (mostly forget about it) to click it.

still dont like it. and dont want a second one :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Shjimm View Post
    Idunno about these shadow sets.. 20% extra damage from shadowfiend feels pretty meh compared to boomkin and mages getting extra trees/images. And reduced cd on mind blast.. id rather have increased chance to proc shadow orbs. But I guess time will tell.
    That would be awesome, which would go well with the 4 pc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    2x t12 heal and 2x t12 shadow, doesnt work anymore, doesn't it?
    i hope it only doesnt work for pvp sets, where ppl were abusing double +resilence bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelyn View Post
    DOUBLE LOL-WELL!!! :-)

It always makes me happy when I see a Priest cast it and I always try to maximize having it on me w/o wasting charges on overhealing. People are just too lazy to "have to do something" to get healed. :-P
    i think its lazy for a priest to make ppl heal themselves by clicking something, wheres the triage here, wheres the planning on spells/mana here :/
    Last edited by babylon; 2011-05-11 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    The reason why you didn't use your MB is because you could have an Orb spawn just after you casted a regular MB effectively making you wait for it to come back up resulting in 6.5 secs less ES.
    With this setbonus that becomes less severe and you don't have to worry as much to cast it.
    The thing is, imagine a Shadowpriest being the only one in a raid providing replenishment. Waiting with MB that long hurts your healers in the long run. Not as much so with this setbonus.
    While it is true that you would have to wait less if an orb procs right after you cast MB without the buff up, you will see it drop more often since you spent less time casting MF and thus less time proccing orbs. Allready the mastery means 30% more damage on my gear - and my gear is not that good - the relative loss from missing out on the proc can only increase. Even with our current castsequence we get periods with no orbs and the only way to counteract that is to get more haste. I really doupt we will get enough to counteract the loss in casttime spent on MF due to the 4T12. It making our 2T12 worse is just another point I don't like very much.

4 pc bonus is, people seems to forget this, fight dependant.

Just think of fight like Valiona or Nefarian...2 or, who knows, even more, "big" targets to leave our dots rolling. More shadow pains rolling more orbs procc'ing. Basically, we can even expect to fire MB on cd with 90% of the times with at least a orb.

In my experience, happens quite often that i cast a MB with one, or 2 orbs and then, just after the cast, another orbs procc'ed. 4pc really needs some testing.

I also predict a change in orbs mechanics, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    If you check the shadow set we have now, we get our hit from spirit. Thus (in theory anyway) a healer could use any of the shadow tier pieces.
    Like how our t11 shadow legs is Haste/Spirit, with more Haste than Spirit, with +20int socket bonus, making it sexier for healers than the actual healing legs? (unless of course you're one of those priests not drowning in spirit)

Personally, I like the Firewell idea. To me, it's at least better than shaman 4pc - an extra hit of chain healing doesn't sound sexy, especially when your chain healing fails to bounce. As for how much the Firewell heals, who knows, it might scale with spell power. The biggest hurdle here is the clicky part and I'm wondering if we can possibly have multiple Firewalls down at the same time. The "After using the Cauterizing Flame, players cannot benefit from it again for 10 sec" part is already a limiting factor, so it's not that unreasonable to have the Firewell itself have a shorter icd than its 45 sec duration. Multiple Firewells = easier for people to find and click one.

We have both a Shadow thread and a Healing thread dedicated to these changes. Let's continue the discussion in those:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ow-Set-Bonuses
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-or-2pc-Shadow
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~