Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    PvP'ers care not for lore... [PvE]... therefore, NO.
    not care for lore? all i do is pvp and i know more lore than 90% of pve'er

10+ Year Old Account
    How would they even make that work? There's really no story advancement in PvP.

Pve has lore
    Legendaries have lore
    PvP does not have lore
    Epis do not have lore
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    How would they even make that work? There's really no story advancement in PvP.
    It should to be honest =/

Absolutely not.

How could they possibly balance that?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

No, it would be a silly idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Papertiger View Post
    What? Reckful and his teammates don't deserve a Legendary for getting 3000 rating in 3v3?

Come on guys.

I bet not even 1 person out of the tens of thousands of dks/rets/warriors who got shadowmourne could even come close to doing that even if their life depended on it (ie They have 10 years to get 3000 rating in 3v3 or they get shot in the head...they'd still never achieve it)
    Sure, lets give someone who already is topping arena ratings an even better weapon.
    Shadowmournes didn't mean you got 3k rating, that involved some skill.
    Legendaries make no sense in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Talgmar View Post
    There should be.
    And it shouldnt be rating-requirement. It should just be a really long-hard-ass-grind, with lots of crazy world-pvp-stuff.

But ofc pve-scrubs gonna whine as always.

edit: as if its the LORE that makes people get the legendary weapons, and not the e-peen/stats of the weapon.

actually its a pvp'er that whine about not having a pvp lengendary in this post. just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Whats the difference between a best in slot epic and a Legendary?

A proc.

Would you like a Epic Axe/Staff/Dagger with a proc on it?

Legionaries, regardless of why people get them, are made for the Lore.
    ...only I wasnt talking about what the items was made for. I was talking about why players get them.

lepeigne: what? ok.. well I wasnt pointing at anyone. Im just so used to pve-ers hating everything pvp-ers do.

tldr; I dont see why pvp-ers shouldnt get a legendary, pve got em.
    Last edited by Talgmar; 2011-05-10 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrofi View Post
    Pve has lore
    Legendaries have lore
    PvP does not have lore
    Epis do not have lore
    and whos to say they can't add lore to pvp, belive it or not the game is called world of WARcraft not dungeons and dragons which blizz is also very confused about, they could add a pvp legendary of one of the famous lore character that fought in either 1st or 2nd war, like blackhand or lothar

You do understand that the pvp aspect of this game isn't supported by the lore which is where Legendaries come from. That is why you are given glad titles and super amazing mounts so that we all know your epeen is huge but don't have to feel it smacking us in the face every season.

Quote Originally Posted by lepeigne View Post
    actually its a pvp'er that whine about not having a pvp lengendary in this post. just sayin.
    Quoted for truth.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkman45 View Post
    You do understand that the pvp aspect of this game isn't supported by the lore which is where Legendaries come from. That is why you are given glad titles and super amazing mounts so that we all know your epeen is huge but don't have to feel it smacking us in the face every season.
    PvE'ers with the e-peen isn't much different is it -.-?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talgmar View Post
    ...only I wasnt talking about what the items was made for. I was talking about why players get them.
    And I asked you would it make a difference if the Item was Purple instead of Gold? Would it change your want to get it?

Same stats, same proc.

If the answer is no, then give that to the top ranking PvPers.

If you answer truthfully, then why does it matter? Is color of the text that important?

What? Reckful and his teammates don't deserve a Legendary for getting 3000 rating in 3v3?

Come on guys.

I bet not even 1 person out of the tens of thousands of dks/rets/warriors who got shadowmourne could even come close to doing that even if their life depended on it (ie They have 10 years to get 3000 rating in 3v3 or they get shot in the head...they'd still never achieve it)
    I lol'd (too short)

Quote Originally Posted by Shmiles View Post
    Sure, lets give someone who already is topping arena ratings an even better weapon.
    Shadowmournes didn't mean you got 3k rating, that involved some skill.
    Legendaries make no sense in PvP.
    I didn't say people with shadowmournes got 3k rating.

I said the people who actually obtained a shadowmourne, chances are 99.99% of them would NEVER even have a chance at getting a 3k rated 3's team.

So why should such amazing PvPers who are clearly 1000 times more skillfull than 99.99% of the people who got shadowmourne simple be shrugged off as not meaning anything? as if farming bosses for shards for you legendary takes more skill than getting 3000 rated in 3v3s lol.

And you say "sure let's give someone already number 1 a better weapon" So does your top world parse warrior for x amount of fights need a legendary when you already have everything on farm?

Quest Chains are PvE. So no.
    Find an idea to make a PvP way to earn a PvP legendary and we will talk.

I said the people who actually obtained a shadowmourne, chances are 99.99% of them would NEVER even have a chance at getting a 3k rated 3's team.

So why should such amazing PvPers who are clearly 1000 times more skillfull than 99.99% of the people who got shadowmourne simple be shrugged off as not meaning anything? as if farming bosses for shards for you legendary takes more skill than getting 3000 rated in 3v3s lol.
    why should raiders with much higher skill get better weapon to have even easier time to clear the raid they are in, why not give the legendary to the worlds worst guild to help them out?

People who know who the top arena players are don't consider these people as "nothing", stop attempting to degrade the top arena teams merely because when you inspect them, they don't have an orange weapon.
    As for your comment about the pve vs pvp debate..... just don't.... you're making yourself look stupid.

Deleted
    It's not we see legendaries in PvP already, they're not 'that' hard anyway and generally don't require you to be an end-game content player and most PvPers I know do normals anyway for off-pieces or even the said legendaries.

Why would Blizzard encourage the use of a legendary for a handful of classes when they struggle enough with balance as it it?