Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

4.2 Baradin Hold Boss "Occu'thar"

Looks neat, don't know boss mechanics though.

EDIT: Tried it out in a pug, he has a couple of ability's.

He does [Eyes of Occu'thar] every ~30 seconds, attaching eyes to players. If you destroy the eyes, he'll take more damage I think from what I've heard (Like he's now blinded). If you don't destroy them, they'll explode after 10 seconds, dealing 25k damage to the whole raid. Not sure if that damage is per eye or not, but probably is.

He also puts a void zone on the ground every ~15 seconds that deals shadow / fire dmg on the ground, so players gotta avoid that.

He also seems to have a '[Searing Shadows]' ability that will most likely require a tank swap. (Like Sindragosa swapping, tank runs into tank spot and taunt, and tank with debuff runs to the dps spot)

That's all I know ATM.
    Last edited by Bareno; 2011-05-11 at 06:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. I always thought he was going to be a monster in the new silithus weirdness questline.

Anyway, cool but old model. Not as interesting as the Brutallus one. Ah well, hopefully the fight is fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm scared

imo give better skin

Aw, I was sure it was going to be a giant eye. Oh well, at least it has lots of eyes.

53m hp on 10 man ? Unless he has some weakness state, that's a big HP pool. oO

I don't see this mentioned in the Patch Notes...did Blizz mention it?
    Quote Originally Posted by god of lock and pala View Post
    well usually ppl below 16 is retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariyami View Post
    Are you retarded or something? The dailies doesnt take more than 20 minutes to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    It's been known since BH came out...New tier = new BH boss. Kinda familiar right? New tier = new voa boss in wrath.
    War is peace Freedom is slavery Ignorance is strength

Quote Originally Posted by Artagnan View Post
    53m hp on 10 man ? Unless he has some weakness state, that's a big HP pool. oO
    Yeah I would imagine it's either a bug/unintended, or there's a mechanic that weakens him or allows you to deal huge damage.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Figured it would look like that... seeing how they hinted it with the cage in the middle

From what I found on wowhead, he apparently summons a "horde" of eyes that attach to players and tick every second from some shadow damage. And after 10 seconds the eyes explode. So I'm guessing you have to kill the eyes fast, and maybe killing them will affect his health total or wounding him in some way that makes him take more damage.

Tried it out in a pug, he has a couple of ability's.

He does [Eyes of Occu'thar] every ~30 seconds, attaching eyes to players. The secondary effect seems to be NYI, so can't comment on what happens if you don't destroy them.

He also puts a void zone on the ground every ~15 seconds that deals shadow / fire dmg on the ground, so players gotta avoid that.

He also seems to have a '[Searing Shadows]' ability that will most likely require a tank swap. (Like Sindragosa swapping, tank runs into tank spot and taunt, and tank with debuff runs to the dps spot)

That's all I know ATM.
    Last edited by Bareno; 2011-05-11 at 02:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    he better have chasing eye beams of death

i mean with that name
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    He'll probably be truly released once the next Arena Season starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    pupppyyyy :3

How'd he break out of the cage? :P

From what it appears, the eyes attach on top of each player's head. You can't easily kill the eyes on your own head as it always counts as behind you. I believe killing each set of eyes will increase the damage the boss takes, some sort of blindness effect.

EDIT: After 10 seconds the eyes explode, dealing approximately 25k shadow damage to the whole raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    He'll probably be truly released once the next Arena Season starts.
    This, same happened in WotLK because the new boss will drop new season pvp gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought it would be a floating eye boss. I'm disappointed! :P

seems interesting. hopefully its more fun to do than the current boss... god he's so boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Huh. I always thought he was going to be a monster in the new silithus weirdness questline.

Anyway, cool but old model. Not as interesting as the Brutallus one. Ah well, hopefully the fight is fun.
    Baradin Hold's one giant Demon Prison, it's all going to be based around that.