Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Revamped t12 4-piece for holy/disc

"Holy/Discipline Priest 4-Piece: Old bonus removed and replaced -- You have a chance when you cast a helpful spell to summon a Cauterizing Flame at the target’s location. Each second the Cauterizing Flame will heal an injured party member within 20 yards for 9250 to 10750 health. Lasts 5 seconds."

Cauterizing flames is no longer clickable, but automatic AoE smart heal instead, this sounds like an interesting and honestly much needed change, we didnt need more shit for people to not click. Personally the initial given heal values seem OP to me, 10kish average a tick before stats? Thats like your 4 piece proccing a non-channeled divine hymn now, sounds badass as fuck but prolly will get nerfed lol

edited in the quote from zharym on the revamped 4 piece

/DISCUSS!

15+ Year Old Account
    ToChampion Lightwell?

ToChampion Lightwell.
    Ka-Banned! .... oh wait. Damnit! -- <3 Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-05-13 at 06:48 AM.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    A lot better than the previous bonus. I'm satisfied with it so far.

However, it's a bit of a slap in the face considering this was "demanded" for the original Lightwell ever since (or possibly even before) Trial of the Champion came out.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

15+ Year Old Account
    I imagine it'll have a ridiculously low proc chance

Deleted
    It was nice meeting you, firewell.

45s icd with 50% proc chance.

And no this isn't based on any testing, call it 'getting used to the pattern'.

It would translate to ~ 50k-75k healing / minute, which isn't too bad but not gamebreaking either. This would also put it more or less in line with the other setbonuses I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally have nothing to say. It's better than the previous set bonus though. Just get the 4 pieces and forget about it. W/e - I am tired of wanting something more.

Funny they didn't see the 2/2 as the instant go to for holy/disc.

New healy 4pc still suffers from the same problem if the ICD is longish [45sec+] where it happens when you don't need it, but doesn't when you do. Still better than previous.

I am much happier with this set bonus! Thanks for listening Blizz!

You do know these aren't the official forums.... right? --Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-05-13 at 06:30 AM.

Blizz has stated that they troll all forum including this one.... FYI

OT: I So called this. Woot anyway this set bonus should be great if they keep the ICD within reason.

The new bonus is very nice - good job.
    Just hope the proc chance will be low and with a really low ICD style of proc.

Quote Originally Posted by highlandr View Post
    Blizz has stated that they troll all forum including this one.... FYI
    While true to an extent they've never actually come out to say they read MMO Champion's forums. Posts directed towards them, both in rage and in praise, still belong on the battle.net framework, not ZAM and certainly not Curse. Infact, I'm pretty sure making threads (not this case) to draw their attention is actually against our rules, but I'm not going through the hassel to look them up from my iPhone.
    OT: I So called this. Woot anyway this set bonus should be great if they keep the ICD within reason.
    I called the Shadowform requirement being tacked onto 2pc Shadow! So there!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I think any priest with a working hemisphere in their brain saw these changes coming. There was no way they'd make the shadow 2 piece so attractive for holy/disc, and that old set bonus was absolutely rotten in the worst kind of way. I and many others predicted that exact change to it, and I think its very nice now. Happy with both changes. A+, Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    While true to an extent they've never actually come out to say they read MMO Champion's forums. Posts directed towards them, both in rage and in praise, still belong on the battle.net framework, not ZAM and certainly not Curse. Infact, I'm pretty sure making threads (not this case) to draw their attention is actually against our rules, but I'm not going through the hassel to look them up from my iPhone.
    I called the Shadowform requirement being tacked onto 2pc Shadow! So there!
    they ruined my grand plan! was going to grab my 2 set holy and then get my shadow gear

Signature by Kenz

Great change! Thank god not another lightwell..

But i dont know, the new setbonus seems too good. That i bet it will have a very low progchance and a ICD. 30sec to 1 min.
    Never liked that system with inner cooldowns.
    Would prefer them to lower the effect by half and give it N apropriate proggchance.

Well by making it procc of heal instead of cast its impossible to balance it without ICD, compare a raidhealing holy to a tankhealing Disc, the holy does slightly more amount of heals thanks to eol ;-)

Im slightly astonished about the two piece shadow set though. Didnt thy nerf two min cd reduction from veiled shadows because shadow had his petsie much to often? Why do the give them an even better cd from setbonus then? Sure, statloads are still gonna be comparably low with 4.2 but why do they fix stufd and do the exact same mistake again, that needed a nerf, a half year later?

Yeah - they have to be really carefull with the ICD.
    Compared to the other 4P bonus, they might ought to skip the ICD alltogether for priest 4P - but who knows, noone know if there even will be one.

Hopefully the heal is slightly smart, and it can move maybe a little, otherwise I foresee a lot of overhealing when groups are stacked.

me likes, but yeah, procc chance is probably going to be rather low, considering how much it heals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only sadistic freak in the game that actually wanted the 4-pc to stay the same? : /

But, on another note, HA at you people that wanted 2/2. Blizzard saw your diabolical scheme and twarted it. You have been thusly twarted! I chortle at your thrwartedness.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    While true to an extent they've never actually come out to say they read MMO Champion's forums. Posts directed towards them, both in rage and in praise, still belong on the battle.net framework, not ZAM and certainly not Curse. Infact, I'm pretty sure making threads (not this case) to draw their attention is actually against our rules, but I'm not going through the hassel to look them up from my iPhone
    So? Doesn't mean they can't just be talking to themselves in a sense. Just because they say "blizz" doesn't mean they're really trying to contact Blizzard here.

Anyways! Yay, ToC Lolwell bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Am I the only sadistic freak in the game that actually wanted the 4-pc to stay the same? : /
    Yes. For everyone else it would be another lightwell that nobody clicks, especially because it appears and disappears a lot whereas Lightwell sits in the same spot for 3 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".