Thread: Seriously Rift?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunther View Post
    I've played through Rift. I didn't spend my time saying "OMG THEY COPED MY FAV GAME EVER" I took it in and enjoyed it without pointing fingers. If you immerse yourself in Rift, you won't be saying "wow copy". I love how everybody compares any mmo to WoW, when wow was a copy itself.
    I tried to "immerse" and "enjoy" it, but was too distracted by the fact of "This is WoW with different graphics". That and the questing was incredibly boring and the trial only let me go to level 15 so I didn't get to see any dungeons at all. Really, I TRIED to like it, but I just couldn't. It's too similar to WoW.

And rift isn't a carbon copy. Yes they took ideas and great things from WoW, but it isn't wow. If we are going to keep saying wow copy, I'm going to start saying EQ copy. 1=1=1 amirite?
    And I'm going to keep saying WoW copy. 1=1=1, you're right.
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-05-16 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Kunther View Post
    I quit playing a month ago after I played through it, twice. Warrior and Rogue. I didn't know they added a LFG tool. There was no need imo. They had the chat brackets, and as soon as one person entered the instance, everyone else could teleport.
    I guess the ability to form cross-realm groups would enable more people to see the instances. It's the only thing I can really think of.

This is just like the FPS games. Oh god, this game has a gun, AND THAT GAME ALSO HAS GUNS! COPYING!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nugs View Post
    This is just like the FPS games. Oh god, this game has a gun, AND THAT GAME ALSO HAS GUNS! COPYING!!!!!
    DEY TUK OWR GUUNZ!

Huh?

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I really dont understand why someone wants to play a game they already dislike and then come to a forum to complain about it to everyone... Hence the reason I mentioned the 200 page Rift thread already going.

But you're cute for saying my comment was dumb. Your ability to understand things make you superior in intelligence.
    he didnt said he dislike rift, he said he went to try it out, see it. and he didnt complained really, just mentioned rift looks like wow. if you getting so aggressive after hearing such stuff, you should consider looking over your own intelligence level. since you obviously didnt understood what he said

on a serious note, all mmorpg games looks pretty much the same. /end of discussion
    Last edited by Demonidze; 2011-05-16 at 12:11 AM.
    BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    If you go into a game thinking it'll be just like WoW...then it will be.

Honestly, Rift is a lot like WoW, but I still had a lot of fun in it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Enough bitching about rift if u dont like a game then dont play it we dont need to know you like it or not

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played Rift all threw Open beta. Ill give it this, it was fun at the start , then it gets boring and lame and is WoW all over again. WoW will out last Rift.. Rift will die, its lore sucks, game play is same, blah blah, lock thread. we all know Rift sucks and is bland.

It's a fun game in the world, but PVP in BGs SUCK ASS.
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    If you go into a game thinking it'll be just like WoW...then it will be.

Honestly, Rift is a lot like WoW, but I still had a lot of fun in it.
    Indeed. It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    he didnt said he dislike rift, he said he went to try it out, see it. and he didnt complained really, just mentioned rift looks like wow. if you getting so aggressive after hearing such stuff, you should consider looking over your own intelligence level. since you obviously didnt understood what he said
    Wasn't really aggressive. I told him to not play it if he didn't like it and to post complaints or otherwise in the rift thread.

Want to know something cool? I played Rift. I think it does copy wow. I don't see how they can't. I currently do not play Rift. Does that make my statements more valid since you now know I am not a Rift fanboi?

and to be fair,

"Im not crying over it, just pissed that they took most of WoWs systems and stuff and made it theirs.
    Im gonna play it ofc, and see what its like. But still.. not a great kick off.

Btw, Im not replacing WoW. Just wanna check it out. And I dont wanna play Guild Wars 2.
    Warcraft is in my heart forever!"

was not part of his post when I replied.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2011-05-16 at 12:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuuralihn View Post
    Ok, so I started downloading RIFT. THought I'd check it out.

Started downloading, so I thought I'd check out the classes and stuff like that.
    Then I start reading.

It's like the copy-pasted basic WoW and added some crap.
    The launcher is the exact same thing, just diffrent colours and sizes.
    Uncommon, rare and epic loot, same damn colours.
    Th equipment are the same, except the plenar focus thingy.
    LFG tool? Come on..

Im gonna keep reading now, hopefully the plain, outright copying stops soon.

Im not crying over it, just pissed that they took most of WoWs systems and stuff and made it theirs.

Btw, Im not replacing WoW. Just wanna check it out. And I dont wanna play Guild Wars 2.
    Warcraft is in my heart forever!
    Just like WoW copied Everquest's System and stole from other games as well? Oh wait, you didn't know. Yes, WoW was basically an Everquest clone when it came out.

So yeah, why change something that works? Ti is good they use similar terms and colors so the WoW players that are switching over feel like they know the game already without confusing new MMOplayers.

Started downloading, so I thought I'd check out the classes and stuff like that.
    Then I start reading.

LFG tool? Come on..

Im not crying over it, just pissed that they took most of WoWs systems and stuff and made it theirs.

nb4 people tell you to go look up a game called Everquest

Deleted
    do you people honestly think rift will die? how many people say wow will die, but yet people re-sub after so long, there is a market for Rift for people to play, I've known alot of people to pack wow in for rift, as it's a fresh look but the same thing, (think of a newb at glance, but quickly knowing it).

AFAIK there are no addons to use while raiding? so it's easier to fuck up, but a more relaxed approach rather than *GET THE FUCK OUTTA THE FIRE NOW* Oh no you're dead! *mourn*

Then I start reading.

LFG tool? Come on..

1 - many games use launchers similar to wow, and wow probably wasnt the first to use said launcher.
    2 - wow is not the only game to use the terms Rare uncommon and epic loot, and it probably wasnt the first.
    3 - equiptment is the same in ANY game... all games of such genre have cloth leather mail/chain and plate..and each fits to a generic character template
    4 - LFG tool in rift is more advanced than wows..it doesnt just cover instances..it does Rifts/dungeons and Quests. and it was a well needed implementation, you've never played the game so you wouldnt understand how hard it was/ how long it took to actually get a group for a dungeon or expert dungeon.

also it's not wow's system...it copied said system from its predecessors and they stole it from theirs, as for "outright copying" 3 talent trees out of a possible 9 per spec...if anything the improved the talent tree system and made it better with the branches (the part of the tree u put points in) and the roots ( the part that gives you abilities once you reach a certain number of points spent in the tree)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I tried to "immerse" and "enjoy" it, but was too distracted by the fact of "This is WoW with different graphics". That and the questing was incredibly boring and the trial only let me go to level 15 so I didn't get to see any dungeons at all. Really, I TRIED to like it, but I just couldn't. It's too similar to WoW.

And I'm going to keep saying WoW copy. 1=1=1, you're right.
    If you think it is too similar too wow, then you're sick of hotkey MMOs in general and face it. Then you won't be enjoying GW2 nor SWTOR, since they are both hotkey MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranor View Post
    do you people honestly think rift will die? how many people say wow will die, but yet people re-sub after so long, there is a market for Rift for people to play, I've known alot of people to pack wow in for rift, as it's a fresh look but the same thing, (think of a newb at glance, but quickly knowing it).

AFAIK there are no addons to use while raiding? so it's easier to fuck up, but a more relaxed approach rather than *GET THE FUCK OUTTA THE FIRE NOW* Oh no you're dead! *mourn*
    The raids in Rift are piss to be truthful. Pretty much all of them are just retard checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    Sony? What?
    wrong MMO, I've been way too busy reading reports lately for my boss.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    wrong MMO, I've been way too busy reading reports lately for my boss.
    Hehe, I thought so :P

Out of interest, what MMO were you thinking of then?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pirAa View Post
    Why change something that works?

exactly why wow was a copy and paste