Mind Vision question

What's the macro that lets me cast mind vision on someone who's not just in my sight.

---------- Post added 2011-05-15 at 08:23 PM ----------

Or command line whattever it is
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Deleted
    First the target of your mind vision doesnt have to be in your line of sight, but only visible, meaning not too far away (some mobs are visible only some yards, whereas bosses and other big creatures are visible far distances or throughout the whole instance, see Thrym in Zul'Drak)

Then you just simple target them with their name, eg. /target Ragnaros and cast mind vision. It can even be chaincasted if you target another mob or the same before it runs out after 60 seconds.

If you don't know the name of the mob you'd like to target just use a warlocks eye of kilrogg and mind vision it.
    For a detailed explanation see Mind Vision.

First the target of your mind vision doesnt have to be in your line of sight, but only visible
    You can target any mob that is known to your client, either by being in the same party or raid as them, or otherwise rendered by your client - ie is a mob you can either select from party frames or otherwise make your target by use of the /tar command. They can be in a completely different zone but must be within the same instance or on the same continent. There is a range element but it's huge. You can be in Tanaris and Mind Vision someone or something in Northern Barrens for example, providing your target is known to your client.

Once you have Mind Vision active on another target, your client will render mobs within their vision, and you can then chain cast Mind Vision on one of those targets, and so on. Providing you stay within the spell's range, you can use chain casting to explore your way around a full instance or through several zones.

There used to be a bug that allowed you to Mind Vision a target in a battleground, and then cast another instant spell on them such as Devouring Plague, etc. I'm not sure if this still exists, and I'm not sure if it was just limited to battlegrounds but that was where it was most useful (helping out someone nuking a flag carrier for example).
    Last edited by Hoddie; 2011-05-16 at 02:28 PM.

Deleted
    [...] you can use chain casting to explore your way around a full instance or through several zones. [...]
    Your point with the client is right, it mostly means the target has to be in the same group. As for exploring this doesnt seem right: every time I tried to chain cast from dalaran It would always end at the borders of the Crystalsong forest. I mind visioned my friend (group) who would fly in his preferred direction and as soon as he crossed to Wintergrasp/Icecrown/Storm Peaks/Zul'Drak the channeling would break.

Hmmm perhaps they've changed it. Or maybe I'm even remembering wrong, but I'm sure at one time you could MV from zone to zone. I don't think I've even cast this spell since BC and scouting for Netherwing eggs to be honest lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    Hmmm perhaps they've changed it. Or maybe I'm even remembering wrong, but I'm sure at one time you could MV from zone to zone. I don't think I've even cast this spell since BC and scouting for Netherwing eggs to be honest lol
    You definitely used to be able to do that.... I haven't messed with it in ages though so they might have changed it.