Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Multiple threads about one thing.

I know I've come and said this before, but it's really getting out of hand. For about a week after each 'mistake' blizzard makes we get this:
    http://i.imgur.com/bMRBM.png

Every single one of those circled is about the same thing.

Every one.

It's making general not even worth reading anymore. All that is there 90% of the time is a bunch of Bitch-fests, with nothing of value and just a Fanboy vs Hater flamewar. And in general making the overall value of actually getting decent information or having a decent discussion(Arguement, w/e) deteriorate.

And as I said, it's NOT only this feature. It's been happening a lot recently. "Blizzard loses 600k!" "Raid only has 7 bosses!" "ZA and ZG only in 4.1!"
    Last edited by seam; 2011-05-18 at 04:21 PM.

Everyone wants their opinion heard and they figure they can't do that on page 27 of an already on going topic so they start a new one. Maybe the mod here should start locking and directing people to an already ongoing forum.

PS My first thought after reading this was to make another topic just like this one but I decided I didn't want to be that idiot.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's what I'm wanting.

I don't care if they want to cry, I just don't want it to take up 11 of the 20 threads on the front page of general.

The thing is people are doing it on the official forums. You can see the blue tracker is completely ruined at the moment, because all the blue comments are just "thread locked, use a single thread please". These ppl then QQ and come here to post that Blizz have a giant conspiracy to hide the truth. Unfortunately this means mmo-c gets a double dose of these people wanting to make their own threads on the same subject. It seems that people just have to have their own thread to get their point across.

Its not good. Even if you reply to a thread it doesn't get noticed much, because other people are on a different thread instead, and you just find yourself repeating the same arguments on all threads or just ignoring them completely.

In many ways, I think mmo-c could gain something by having stricter moderation on the subject of multiple threads. Funnel people into a single thread please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there should be a bit more ramification for people who refuse to post in existing threads. The biggest thing that bugs me is when people say "There's probably other threads like this, but I don't feel like looking." It's one thing to start a new thread about a topic that has perhaps died a long while ago, but to completely ignore the recent threads right in front of your face is just so annoying. I'm sick of seeing the same topic iterated two, three or even four times on the front page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The moderation has to step up at some point or it'll turn out like the official forums, full of whining and flamefest.

Just start giving out warnings for creating useless threads and not only will the amount decrease, but the posters that clearly have no buisness here other than complaining will get banned faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallynos View Post
    I'm sick of seeing the same topic iterated two, three or even four times on the front page.
    This. Its bad when every one of the "recent forums posts" on the front page is from 8 different threads on the same damn thing.

@seam so, what DOES a hunter bing of a shaman?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    @seam so, what DOES a hunter bing of a shaman?
    Edit: Ah, the search. Thinking of changing mains, misworded it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Edit: Ah, the search. Thinking of changing mains, misworded it.
    Look at your picture, on the search bar.

While I agree with your sentiment that multiple threads on the same subject are annoying and their authors should be infracted; I also read most of the topics you circled in your picture, and "Dear WoW, It's not just you..." had nothing to do with the Cross-Realm Dungeon Tool or paid services in general.

That being said, while I may happen to agree with their sentiment (I'm not a fan of "premium accounts", especially when the game is already a pay2play); I do not agree with flooding (unofficial) forums in protest. One thread is all that needs to be made.

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree with the OP and i think the mods in MMO champ should watch these things, and possibly merge them or so
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

15+ Year Old Account
    The issue with reporting every thread, though, is it's very tedious when there are multiple(Last I checked, 11) due to the 60 second delay.

I definitely understand you all being busy due to the time of year, it's just frustrating to see this happen to the forums. If for no other reason than knowing that once this is cleared up it's going to start all over again the next time Blizzard says anything about raiding that people don't agree on, or money.
    Last edited by seam; 2011-05-18 at 06:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it's becoming tedious to report, I might suggest sending a PM to the forum mods / super mods with a list of thread links. That gets around the report limit and also makes it easier for mods to take action for everything at the same time.

It is uber frustrating... I generally try to stay away from General Discussion forum anytime some change like this happens. Which is sorta lame because I normally like general... but it helps me keep my sanity

I like your drawing, gave me a half-chuckle. These forums need more original ms-paint material like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    If it's becoming tedious to report, I might suggest sending a PM to the forum mods / super mods with a list of thread links. That gets around the report limit and also makes it easier for mods to take action for everything at the same time.
    That's actually a good point, didn't think of that. Thank you ^^

blizz is greedy. its run by people, and we all know people are greedy. im postin in this thread because i can. if they dont want people making multiple threads on the same thing then dont let people start threads. simple solution imo but what do i know im just a paying customer. i will not be paying for cross server dungeon finder so i can run with friends, as i get to run with cross servers in a random and its included in my sub fee. whats next Blizzard? you gonna charge us to use dungeron finder altogether? if this continues i will be ending my subscription as many of my friends have done already. i just think its a load of crap that you keep tryin to come up with more ways to get peoples money. like you arent rich already, cause as any true fan knows the owner was rich before this game was ever concieved. all they want to do is keep lining thier pockets and tellin us its costing them more to make new stuff. STOP MAKING NEW STUFF? yeah thats tough isnt it. and i find it quite funny that you are making an unneeded thread to talk about people making unneeded threads lol. anyway not like anything i just said matters to blizz but oh well i got my 2 words in.
    Last edited by retrodin; 2011-05-18 at 08:49 PM.

Deleted
    We aren't Blizzard.
    Those were more than two words.
    You missed the point.
    Line breaks are your friend.

i didnt say you were blizzard. and when someone say "my 2 words" it doesnt mean 2 words, its called a figure of speech. and no i didnt miss the point. i posted in a thread complaining about people making threads. so i didnt make a new one i posted in an existing one. i think you sir are missing the point.

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    That's actually a good point, didn't think of that. Thank you ^^
    something tells me this happens to you alot.
    Last edited by retrodin; 2011-05-18 at 08:45 PM.

A lot of good tips in here and yes I'm tired of the same thing I think a lot of people are quick to react before the finished product even comes to light.