Does this game work OK playing through the whole thing as a duo? My wife has tasked me with finding another game we can play together.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time, it does. Sometimes you come across a mission that includes a solo instance, though. And of course group dungeons take more than two people.

I would say that investigation missions are best working with somebody else. Just try hard to not cheat yourself with using a walkthrough. I try to not use them myself but when google translate fails me when translating Japanese script I don't have much of a choice. QQ

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    I would say that investigation missions are best working with somebody else. Just try hard to not cheat yourself with using a walkthrough. I try to not use them myself but when google translate fails me when translating Japanese script I don't have much of a choice. QQ
    Haven't played anything in Tokyo yet. Considering the number of kanji characters in common use, this sounds pretty brutal.

started Egypt today, liking it better than kingsmouth and blue mountain =D

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Does this game work OK playing through the whole thing as a duo? My wife has tasked me with finding another game we can play together.
    The game rewards group play just as much as solo play and emphasizes neither. Almost every aspect of the game can be played while grouped. Occasionally there are story sequences that take place in small instances that must be soloed, but there aren't too many of them and they are there for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    started Egypt today, liking it better than kingsmouth and blue mountain =D
    I disliked Egypt more than any other zone. I guess it's the glaring sun and washed out colors of the desert. Wait for Transylvania. Before Tokyo came out those were my favorite three zones.

So who else has tried the Penthouse nightmare dungeon? Got the 3 minute Uta achievement on our third clear. Still working on that 3rd fight, but last night we were close enough. Think we've got it next time we go in.

Wish Funcom would make more dungeons. They're pretty good at it and the Penthouse is by far the most fun I've had in the game over these last 3 years.
    Last edited by darxide; 2015-06-29 at 04:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can definitely duo everything, will make everything a lot more enjoyable and smooth as well. Figuring out investigations together is a lot of fun too

Dungeons are awesome, best thing to do them while levelling is to make a group yourself and fill the tank or healer role. It isnt that hard nowadays, people are generally easily strong enough.

I've been playing this again recently - on and off since June 12 but it's well worth highlighting the excellent mission design, voice acting and cut-scenes that leave SWTOR's voice acted scenes in the shade. Finally in the besieged farmlands after spending what must have been a year in Greece! Excellent game and well worth picking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingheadache View Post
    I've been playing this again recently - on and off since June 12 but it's well worth highlighting the excellent mission design, voice acting and cut-scenes that leave SWTOR's voice acted scenes in the shade. Finally in the besieged farmlands after spending what must have been a year in Greece! Excellent game and well worth picking up.
    You mean Egypt? >.>

And yeah, Transylvania (which I just recently got to as well!) has been a wonderful change after that awful second zone in Egypt, definitely liking the zone itself more as well as the characters. I liked some aspects of the kid-statue things and some of their dialogue was fantastic, but after a while it was just so "mmmeeehhhhhh".

And these are still the only cutscenes I watch all the way through in a MMO, and even most normal RPG's. I'll skip through SWTOR sidequests altogether and will generally speed read the text for much of the main quests, but not for TSW. The directors/writing/voicework is consistently fantastic. Glad that they've stuck with delivering story since launch, because I've got pretty much all the content (that I can think of) purchased and stored up (yay lifetime sub, especially when purchasing gave a ton of cash shop currency last Feb), just waiting for me to get of my haggard ass and get to it.

Just sad the double AP event is over, was hoping it would last through to the end of the hippy even thing (next week) but alas, I have to grind out AP like normal. Should really be working towards some proper solo build rather than my janky but functional one, but unlocking all the deck outfits has been taking priority.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    deck outfits
    ...This is a thing? I did not need to know this.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    ...This is a thing? I did not need to know this.
    Yup, once you finish a deck you can claim its outfit and it will sit in your costumes/outfits (whatever it's called) tab in the wardrobe. I had the exact same response the second I discovered that fact, as well -_-

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yup, once you finish a deck you can claim its outfit and it will sit in your costumes/outfits (whatever it's called) tab in the wardrobe. I had the exact same response the second I discovered that fact, as well -_-
    Crap. I've been so busy with work I haven't been able to play much since I hit Egypt proper, but I was considering this weekend to get back. Now that I know there are costumes I expect I'm going to make lots of dumb AP choices because I need more dresses.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Crap. I've been so busy with work I haven't been able to play much since I hit Egypt proper, but I was considering this weekend to get back. Now that I know there are costumes I expect I'm going to make lots of dumb AP choices because I need more dresses.
    Nice. Enjoy the first zone of Egypt, it's fantastic and has some super fun NPC's in it. The second zone...not so much, I think it drags the central storyline on a bit too much if you do all the primary missions. But that first zone has all kinds of really fun stuff going on. Totally radical.

It's funny how they still want people to grind hardcore to get geared enough to do any of the solo content (Tokyo), when the game is basically dead. Why not just make the content accessible so people will drop $15 or so for the mission packs instead of everyone saying "nope, not gonna pay $15 and grind 40 hours just to even do the mission I bought"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    It's funny how they still want people to grind hardcore to get geared enough to do any of the solo content (Tokyo), when the game is basically dead. Why not just make the content accessible so people will drop $15 or so for the mission packs instead of everyone saying "nope, not gonna pay $15 and grind 40 hours just to even do the mission I bought"
    None of this is accurate. Other than grinding for one of the recommended builds for Tokyo (which takes like 3 hours, doing Shadowy Forest/Carpathian Fangs missions provided you aren't halfway there already ) i cleared ALL of tokyo with just the 10.1 Purples you get from finishing Issues 5 through 8. Blues everywhere else. No augments at all either cba grinding Scenarios. I also haven't once stepped into Nightmare Dungeons, Raids or even the Gatekeeper attunement boss.

The games gear design is much like GW2 where the best best best best gear isn't needed but it's something to work for long term. It's just sad imo for a game with no levels to have "tiered" gear at all. Like shouldn't that have been thrown out the door when you did that to levels?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Yeah - meant Egypt. Been following the events in Greece too closely!!

That feel when completing an Investigation mission without the use of a walkthrough.

10+ Year Old Account
    So devs did a livestream and showed off a bit of Issue 12, titled To The Dark Tower Below:

* Will be divided into 2 parts (you'll only pay once though, this is so some new content can come mid august).
    * 2 New Dungeons, with Elite and Nightmare versions. Elite will offer 10.5 Blue gear to help out in gearing people in a easier environment. Nightmare will offer the purples.
    * New 10 man raid boss, Flappy (the filth flying bird from the event that preceeded the opening of Tokyo).
    * Dungeons will no longer have lockout timers.
    * The Eidolon raid will no longer require lair keys to be able to enter and fight The Lurker.
    * These keys will instead allow someone to summon a world boss (similiar to the golems) and every participant will get a goodie bag reward for participating , with the summoners getting something extra.
    * The 3 raid bosses will get a Nightmare version.
    * Currency revamp: Every token will be converted into Black Bullion, including all those pesky zone tokens. A new currency called Mark of the Pantheon will operate like the old Black Bullion and will be awarded for completing harder content.
    * Group Finder will get some additional features to help flush the tool out, and a new LFG automated system will also be introduced.
    * Dailies and Weeklies will be introduced in the form of Challenges which may require you to do a specific mission or dungeon or scenario to earn Marks of the Pantheon.

Some of these features will come with the first part of the patch , mid august , with the rest coming at an unspecified time.

Looking like a good patch for people that like group content.

Source: http://massivelyop.com/2015/07/10/ch...k-tower-below/

10+ Year Old Account
    So to add to my month and half old post about Issue 12, heres a trailer for the dungeon coming with this portion of the DLC:

- - - Updated - - -

And official site page : http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/i..._below_is_here

- - - Updated - - -

Challenge Journal UI with some Daily and Weekly tasks mentioned earlier