Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    For one, I strongly believe Mass Effect 3 was rushed because EA deemed it ready. What we got was a rushed ending that needed some real work. Another example of a publisher pushing more of the same is Activision and modern warfare. Why deviate? They're making money that's why. Why would EA allow Funcom to innovate when we can have another hotkey MMO? Surf on the success of WoW!
    That isn't actual proof, that is your opinion. You are claiming activision influences. You are claiming ME3 was rushed.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yea games years and years ago and like I said like all companys they are stepping up. You didn't like AoC so I don't think you played any other games (and most 2000 games were terrible not everyone is WoW making bitch loads of money for development). However 4 years went into making TSW. If you are not going to at least try it that is just plain ignorance.

Like I said before you don't have a valid reason.
    I cant tell if your serious or not.

I gave a perfect reason that I dont like the companies behind the game, Funcom have made 2 games in 16 years and both are bad, they also fired 20% of their workforce in 09 so if anything over the years chances are they have gotten worse, and btw Conan is only 4 years old, your making it sound 10 years old or something.

And as for EA, they are only the publisher but like most games EA ''publish'' they try and squeeze every penny they can from their customers, out of all the gaming companies out there EA are by far the worst they give as little as possible for as much as they can get.

I made my point about the game and for some weird reason your are making an argument out of nothing, you tell me not to judge them on 1 game even though they have only released 2 in 16 years, then you say EA are only distributing the game....I dont think you have a clue what your talking about.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-04-10 at 09:44 PM.

For one, I strongly believe Mass Effect 3 was rushed because EA deemed it ready. What we got was a rushed ending that needed some real work. Another example of a publisher pushing more of the same is Activision and modern warfare. Why deviate? They're making money that's why. Why would EA allow Funcom to innovate when we can have another hotkey MMO? Surf on the success of WoW!
    Mass Effect 3 was developed by Bioware, EA owns Bioware, they rushed it because they own Bioware, not because they were the publishers and used that to influence Bioware.
    Modern Warfare is developed by Infinity Ward, Activision owns Infinity Ward and exactly the same happened as with ME3.

Neither can be used as an example of publishers having influence over a independent game because in both cases the developers were owned by the publishers.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't actual proof, that is your opinion. You are claiming activision influences. You are claiming ME3 was rushed.
    I do. Experience with the companies involved in the product is what I base my belief on. EA and Funcom doesn't have a great track record with people, as stated earlier in this thread. We'll see. I just don't have a lot of faith right now.

I gave a perfect reason that I dont like the companies behind the game, Funcom have made 2 games in 16 years and bother are bad, they also fired 20% of their workforce in 09 so if anything over the years chances are they have gotten worse, and btw Conan is only 4 years old, your making it sound 10 years old or something.
    2 games you didn't like came out of the same company = you saying the company is bad in general. Your opinion. However that's not a valid reason to try a new game and see if you like it or not. If you don't like it fine, but your statement is 100% ignorance.

And as for EA, yes they are only the publisher but like most EA games they ''publish'' they try and squeeze every penny they can from their customers, out of all the gaming companies out there EA are by far the worst they give as little as possible for as much as they can get.
    You are not stating that they are squeezing your money out of the development of the game. You are just saying they want your money which is true, every company wants your money, though you cant say "oh this company is greedy even though they are distributing a game they don't make that game is bad"
    I made my point about the game and for some weird reason your are making an argument out of nothing
    It takes 2 to argue, come up with a valid reason on why funcom is bad besides your ignorant opinion and you might have a point.

I do. Experience with the companies involved in the product is what I base my belief on. EA and Funcom doesn't have a great track record with people, as stated earlier in this thread. We'll see. I just don't have a lot of faith right now.
    WoW doesn't have a great track record with people, guild wars 1 and 2 don't, Tera does not, aion does not. Every company is going to have haters. See my point? Because you still haven't given me proof, just your opinion.
    Mass Effect 3 was developed by Bioware, EA owns Bioware, they rushed it because they own Bioware, not because they were the publishers and used that to influence Bioware.
    Modern Warfare is developed by Infinity Ward, Activision owns Infinity Ward and exactly the same happened as with ME3.

Neither can be used as an example of publishers having influence over a independent game because in both cases the developers were owned by the publishers.
    Also this^

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post

We'll see. Hope you prove me wrong. At least I get to say "told you so" if my suspisions hold up.

We'll see. Hope you prove me wrong. At least I get to say "told you so" if my suspisions hold up.
    You can say I told you so when the TSW fails 100% completely, not because it failed for you during the first 10 minutes of game time or the first zone.

So as long as their are people that like funcom and like TSW it won't be a failure. So there is a 99.99% chance that you are wrong and you won't be saying "I told you so"

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can say I told you so when the TSW fails 100% completely, not because it failed for you during the first 10 minutes of game time or the first zone.

So as long as their are people that like funcom and like TSW it won't be a failure. So there is a 99.99% chance that you are wrong and you won't be saying "I told you so"
    ...what? Did you even read my first post in this thread?

Already proved you wrong twice so a third time will be easy.

But can we all drop the EA bullshit because it doesn't have anything to do with TSW.
    Yes I get it people don't like EA, including me, but they don't have anything to do with the development of the game so who cares.
    All the conspiracy theories and everything is pointless and it's retarded to read.

...what? Did you even read my first post in this thread?
    About you claiming EA will have influence over this game and make it fail?

Yea I read it, try reading mine again.

Anyone bashing Funcom has obviously never played The Longest Journey (considered by many to be the best adventure game ever), Dreamfall, or Anarchy Online. Age of Conan wasn't a bad game once they ironed the bugs out, it just wasn't WoW.

But shame on a company for repeatedly trying to innovate a stagnant genre. It means less crowded start areas and friendlier community when it finally comes out.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=zito;16363800]

It takes 2 to argue, come up with a valid reason on why funcom is bad besides your ignorant opinion and you might have a point./QUOTE]

Yeah its my opinion and the majority opinion that Funcom's track record is bad, nearly everybody out there dislikes AoC and the game is a joke among the MMO community, that for me is enough to turn me away from this game.

I dont like Funcom.
    I dont like EA.
    I wont be buying the game, what's your problem? your calling me ignorant for giving my own opinion.

Newsflash : this is a forum where people give opinions.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-04-10 at 10:00 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    Already proved you wrong twice so a third time will be easy.

But can we all drop the EA bullshit because it doesn't have anything to do with TSW.
    Yes I get it people don't like EA, including me, but they don't have anything to do with the development of the game so who cares.
    All the conspiracy theories and everything is pointless and it's retarded to read.
    ...proved me wrong on what? Aside from speculation that the publishers has a hold on the developer, which you can't disprove by the way, the only other thing I've stated in this thread is that the game has evolved from the theoretic thing it was back 1 year ago to the facts we know today. Which is uninteresting. The skill systems aren't new, nor interesting. It's been around since GW1. They only removed the class restrictions. Questing looks like WoW. Controls looks like WoW. Can you actually disprove my points with counterarguments that actually has merits? Speculation can only be countered with counter-speculation. Speculation isn't speculation when there are facts to disprove it.

Anyone bashing Funcom has obviously never played The Longest Journey (considered by many to be the best adventure game ever)
    Opinion
    Dreamfall
    opinion
    or Anarchy Online.
    opinion
    Age of Conan wasn't a bad game once they ironed the bugs out, it just wasn't WoW.
    opinion

Not bashing you btw I am just trying to make a point.

Yeah its my opinion and the majority opinion that Funcom's track record is bad, nearly everybody out there dislikes AoC and the game is a joke among the MMO community, that for me is enough to turn me away from this game.
    I'm saying its blatant ignorant opinion (that and you don't have your facts straight) that you won't try this game. Key word here is try

T
    R
    Y

You might actually like it, but disregarding it just because you see the word funcom is stupid.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    About you claiming EA will have influence over this game and make it fail?

Yea I read it, try reading mine again.
    And I quote:

I was excited about the game when I first heard about it a year or so ago, but the more info we get I get less excited. None of the gameplay I've seen looks exciting to me. I was a huge fan of the RuneScape questing system and when I first heard about TSW I got the feeling that we'd go on long questlines to unravel conspiracies even taking gameplay out of the game to look up real google searches and stuff like that. Now, it looks like another monsterhunting buttonmashing WoW-simulator. We'll see. The terrible cutscene we saw with the lesbian chicks didn't really help either.

And I quote:
    Ok, so how exactly does your quote have anything to do with EA having influence over funcom which is are whole argument.

Don't change the subject.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so how exactly does your quote have anything to do with EA having influence over funcom which is are whole argument.

Don't change the subject.
    I didn't change the subject, you did. You called me out on why I think the game will fail. That original post tells you exactely why I feel the actual publisher has a hold over Funcom. It seemed interesting when I first heard about it, then when more information has been revealed it's looked more and more like playing the safe game, for easy money.

I didn't change the subject, you did. You called me out on why I think the game will fail. That original post tells you exactely why I feel the actual publisher has a hold over Funcom. It seemed interesting when I first heard about it, then when more information has been revealed it's looked more and more like playing the safe game, for easy money.
    I called you out on this:

I wish that's how it worked... in reality, publishers have a lot of power over the developers regarding what they deem suitible to make the game successful and when certain information has to come to the light. That's, partly, why I'm getting less and less excited about the game as it's looking more and more like an unoriginal hotkey MMO.
    I did not reply to the quote you linked.

...proved me wrong on what? Aside from speculation that the publishers has a hold on the developer, which you can't disprove by the way, the only other thing I've stated in this thread is that the game has evolved from the theoretic thing it was back 1 year ago to the facts we know today. Which is uninteresting. The skill systems aren't new, nor interesting. It's been around since GW1. They only removed the class restrictions. Questing looks like WoW. Controls looks like WoW. Can you actually disprove my points with counterarguments that actually has merits? Speculation can only be countered with counter-speculation. Speculation isn't speculation when there are facts to disprove it.
    Do you seriously believe that EA and Activision used their position as publisher to influence the games from companies they OWN?
    They can do whatever the fuck they want with their own games.
    Give me one example of EA/Activision getting a lot of influence over games they publish?
    And no, I can't "disprove" it, but you're the one making the claim so back it up with proof or at least a good theory, if you can't then it can pretty much be disproved by a good theory.

But see you in ~5-10 pages or so when this blows over.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I called you out on this:

I did not reply to the quote you linked.
    Yes.. that's why I asked if you actually read my original post. It strengthens my argument as I made that statement. That is why I believe Funcom design the game the way they are.