If you're still on Solomon Island then you can participate in fighting three of the golems. They provide a lot of experience so it's definitely worth your time to help out. Join the event channel (type "/chat join event" without quotes) and whenever someone calls out a golem in Kingsmouth (KM), Blue Moutain (BM) or Savage Coast (SC) right click on their name and select Meet Up and you should be ported to the closest anima well you have activated in that zone.

That is if you have anima wells activated in that zone.

First night in since the MH anniversary is over, and already scored some sweet stuff.

On top of the SP/AP, I've gotten 2 golem pets, a living shard, green eyes, an eyepatch, and some sigils.

Also, if you are lagging like mad, turn off debuffs on the enemy. Took me from about 4fps to 25-35.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I want to like this game. It draws me in and the setting is awesome.

But the combat is a big negative and well, when combat is involved in 90% of the game, it's a pretty big negative.

I made a new character again (I don't like playing old unfinished chars when I haven't played for so long), went AR/Ele. Does anyone recommend 2 weapons that make the combat more fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

But the combat is a big negative and well, when combat is involved in 90% of the game, it's a pretty big negative.

I made a new character again (I don't like playing old unfinished chars when I haven't played for so long), went AR/Ele. Does anyone recommend 2 weapons that make the combat more fun?
    Their weapon system is even more flawed as a big selling point is picking 2 weapons and mixing them up but it's not that simple. First not all weapons go together some are completely useless and you gimp yourself (and can't get refunded if you didn't know) if you mix 2 together. Secondly 2 weapons that do go together aren't used together. Like You main hammer/sword and you will be using 1 weapon for attacks and the other gets used mostly for passives and CD's. Nothing interactive in a normal rotation because the skill system does not work like that.

The setting and questing is great - the combat remains the biggest flaw imo
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Their weapon system is even more flawed as a big selling point is picking 2 weapons and mixing them up but it's not that simple. First not all weapons go together some are completely useless and you gimp yourself (and can't get refunded if you didn't know) if you mix 2 together. Secondly 2 weapons that do go together aren't used together. Like You main hammer/sword and you will be using 1 weapon for attacks and the other gets used mostly for passives and CD's. Nothing interactive in a normal rotation because the skill system does not work like that.

I agree, to a point. I don't see not being able to refund as that big of a problem given how quickly you earn AP and opening up the wheel to allow you to swap to anything anytime is part of the system.

It would definitely be more interesting if they had combo abilities that use both weapons etc but there are plenty of builds that use an even mixture of attacking abilities in a rotation, I agree it could be a lot better though. The Aux weapons feel particularly dull to me, it's useful in the sense that it's a free extra but if I forgot to use it in my rotation I wouldn't notice the difference. Feels like wasted potential.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

Four years later and you are still talking nonsense and half-truths about the weapon system. First of all, everything you say is false when talking about non-healing abilities since the attacking builders build resources for two weapons. Even in the example you used, a hammer builder will build resources for the sword consumers as well and I have to wonder what on earth you are on about. Secondly, there are no "refunds" because you unlock abilities you can use in any working (or not) combination and playing enough will allow you to eventually unlock everything. Simply playing a few hours will get you the inner circle unlocked and just with that you can get a number of working set-ups that can carry you while you work your way to a more advanced deck.

Yes, healing is different in the sense that a healing builder will not build resources for a second weapon and associated abilities, but there are still ways to spice up the gameplay if you are willing to experiment or try to mix and match things together. For example you can go with 1 healing/1 damage weapon or try using a damage builder and healing consumers (since healing weapons also offer excellent offensive abilities and passives) or 1 healing wep and 1 wep with good utility CDs etc etc, depending of course on what content you are trying to do and with what gear. And that's the selling point of the system, it offers a lot of possibilities to build your character and by using the right combinations of actives/passives you can achieve incredible results- you just have to be willing to design and experiment with builds, something that I get the impression you just didn't do.

I agree with Nirawen that the Aux weapons could have been much better implemented though, that is 100% correct. Some are nice to have (at least some of their abilities), but most are forgettable because I believe they just don't interact with the rest of the wheel and thus they lose the appeal of the whole system. But for someone just starting a new character, that's the last thing to worry about.

I totally forgot about this game... is there alot of people who still play?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippermoon118 View Post
    I totally forgot about this game... is there alot of people who still play?
    I've made a new character and see a fair amount running around in the starting zone. Around a 10-15 min wait time for first dungeon as well, queued as DPS.

Joined a chat channel called Sanctuary, the friendliest channel I have ever joined in an online game. Instant, friendly answers to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

I thought that Chaos/Fist was kinda fun. If you play a Templar it's the Executioner deck. You can copy the build over to a Dragon or Illumicrazy too if you want you just miss out on the costume thats all. You dont even need to copy every passive and active ability over if you get an idea of what the build is going for with its synergies then you can substitute 1 or 2 abilities to other ones. The only thing i dislike about Chaos/Fist is it wore my fingers out...and i've played melee characters like Rogues in WoW and i actually make attempts to spread out the key/mouse pressing workload between both hands. Chaos/Fist just has a much higher build/finish rate then other classes i think in this game and in others. Its been a while since i played it but i believe a normal leveling rotation for me was: build build finish >> build build finish finish >> build build finish >> build build finish finish >> build build finish. If you look at the passives you'll see why it only needs two builds, and why it alternates one finish and two every other cycle.

You could also just look at the decks too if you want to look at other weapon types. Decks aren't required but it makes it easier for people who dont know how attack and state (debuff) synergies work. Check out your ability wheel and look at some of the tooltips and see if you notice words in blue that are underlined. And then look for words that are white, italicized and underlined. The blue tell you attack types for that ability like burst, chain, blast, strike and so on. The white italicized are the 4 states...hindered, impaired, afflicted and weakened. Eventually you will want to look at those things in the tooltip to see how you want to put your build together. With these things you'll able to do stuff like attack X does 7.5% more damage if a target is in a hindered state. Or if target is has the Impaired state on it hitting it will do a tiny bit of bonus damage.
    Last edited by notanmmmonewbie; 2016-08-03 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post
    Isnip
    I've went Blood/Pistols for the time being, working my way to unlock the Assassin costume, but doubt I'll play that spec. I like how blood works, as you have to keep a dot on yourself to do more DPS. At the moment I have a good mix of single target and aoe abilities.

I've got a pet cat that gives bonuses to XP, so I am getting AP very quickly, so it looks like it will be easy to switch to different weapons in the future.

Is there any addons to change the look of your cast bar, player frames and nameplates? I'm 99% certain there isn't...

Posting here because it's relevant. Humble bundle have TSW in their BTA tier for a little over $3 at the moment. Well worth it:

https://www.humblebundle.com/nicks-staff-picks-bundle

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Posting here because it's relevant. Humble bundle have TSW in their BTA tier for a little over $3 at the moment. Well worth it:

https://www.humblebundle.com/nicks-staff-picks-bundle
    TSW base game (which I think has everything through Issue 5 in it) for $3-5 is basically stealing, lol. There's so many hours of fantastic content there, especially since a lot of the earlier content has higher production values compared to the later stuff.

Totally going to pick it up and will have to find someone to pass the key along to.

God damn is this game cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been looking for another mmo that isn't the standard fantasy setting. So, when I was reading up on this one, I kept running into articles stating there's a major overhaul to game systems coming. It's referred to as a "re-launch."

Does anyone have any knowledge of how the combat system will work after this? I mean specifically: how does TSW combat compare to WoW combat, differences/similarities/ etc
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I've been looking for another mmo that isn't the standard fantasy setting. So, when I was reading up on this one, I kept running into articles stating there's a major overhaul to game systems coming. It's referred to as a "re-launch."

Does anyone have any knowledge of how the combat system will work after this? I mean specifically: how does TSW combat compare to WoW combat, differences/similarities/ etc
    Don't worry about it. The best part of the game is the lore and questing. That hopefully will not be changing.

As for comparisons: you can be everything on one character. Lots of telegraphs to avoid. Trinity is present. Combat feels floaty. Limited action bar size. Raids are fun but not near the complexity of WoW.

All in all the game is close to being a permanent home for me but she's always second/third best girl when compared to other stuff I play. I always return for the new chapters; the world they have created is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post

Nope, we don't know squat yet. We're supposed to find out next week, so not much longer.

Either way, unless the overhaul totally fucks everything over, it's totally worth checking out. Easily the best at delivering narrative/atmosphere of any MMO, and has hands down the best writing/voicework/cutscene direction in MMO's. Investigation missions alone are worth the price of admission, they're bloody fantastic.

The Secret World is relaunching as a separate game, named The Secret World Legends.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/the-secret-wor...nds-1000043733

The details are:
    SWL will be available only on Steam at the start.

Completely free to play with no game purchase, all content, including any future content, is available to everyone.

Microtransactions will be present including additional weapon pages, extra inventory space, additional characters, vanity items "and more".

Free accounts have access to one character slot, though more can be purchased a premium currency called Aurum will be present that can be bought and sold on the Exchange.
    localized languages include English, German and French.

Also, The Secret World(the non relaunch version) will continue to exist with your characters....BUT....your characters will stay there.
    Yeah, some people will be very angry over this........but in the long run this is for the best of the game.

So yes. It's free to play and an ACTUAL relaunch. I am so fucking excited over this!!!!!
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2017-03-29 at 02:32 PM.

Stoked for this. I can't wait to play!

Guess it is time to check what this means to me. Grandmaster with everything capped and 10.4+ gear ;_;

Just checked, subs and grand master subs carry over apparently.
    Another edit: they're making a system to copy over vanity and cosmetics for collectors in the original game.

Looks like they are making efforts not to screw over any veteran players. Really appreciate it. While I'm sad to think my main will sit there, re experiencing the game without losing mybjard earned collection of vanity and cosmetics is very comforting and exciting.

Looking forward to it, may have to find a new group of friends to play it with. Many of mine left over the years.
    Perhaps an MMO Champ group for dungeons and group missions?
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2017-03-29 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder what the combat is like, as it was the games downfall.