Poll: Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    How would you not even recall how the ring got destroyed?
    Oh yeah. At the very end. So three. And one of those weren't featured in the movies.

I loved LotR & I am an equally big fan of The Hobbit. I saw the second installment last weekend and I loved it! I was just slightly disappointed that it yet again ends with having to wait for another one... So having to wait for the next part sucks, but it will be awesome as the first two. Peter Jackson just nails these JRR Tolkien books. He is one of my favorite fantasy directors out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Adirah View Post
    I loved LotR & I am an equally big fan of The Hobbit. I saw the second installment last weekend and I loved it! I was just slightly disappointed that it yet again ends with having to wait for another one... So having to wait for the next part sucks, but it will be awesome as the first two. Peter Jackson just nails these JRR Tolkien books. He is one of my favorite fantasy directors out there!
    It's not like there's a lot though. We need more fantasy movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Oh yeah. At the very end. So three. And one of those weren't featured in the movies.
    Then there is Sam getting slashed at Moria, Frodo speared at the same place. Then there is Gimly getting slashed at Helms deep, Faramir shot by southrons, Eowyn getting her hand broken by the witch-king and Pippin getting nearly crushed to death at Moranon. Thats just by memory, there were probably more. So yep, no injuries whatsoever...
    Last edited by Zoranon; 2014-01-21 at 10:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Then there is Sam getting slashed at Moria, Frodo speared at the same place. Then there is Gimly getting slashed at Helms deep, Faramir shot by southrons, Eowyn getting her hand broken by the witch-king and Pippin getting nearly crushed to death at Moranon. Thats just by memory, there were probably more. So yep, no injuries whatsoever...
    Talking movies here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talking movies here.
    Thats not what you stated:

Like nobody got injured in the book. Or in LOTR much, unless they downright died.
    And even the movie had Frodo stabbed by the cave troll and Faramir and Eowyn getting nearly killed.

And even the movie had Frodo stabbed by the cave troll and Faramir and Eowyn getting nearly killed.
    The Hobbit book yes, never specified which LOTR format I was referring to. But anyway.

He technically didn't get hurt by the cave troll, since he got saved by his mithril armor. Faramir and Eowyn sort of fake died too, so I will categorize that under "not hurt unless downright dead."

At any rate, Kili was hurt, which is an added injury when going from the book. I can't even remember how this discussion started anymore, The Hobbit movies are a lighter story and a lighter time in Middle Earth, so I don't mind the lighter action.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Hobbit book yes, never specified which LOTR format I was referring to. But anyway.

He technically didn't get hurt by the cave troll, since he got saved by his mithril armor. Faramir and Eowyn sort of fake died too, so I will categorize that under "not hurt unless downright dead."

At any rate, Kili was hurt, which is an added injury when going from the book. I can't even remember how this discussion started anymore, The Hobbit movies are a lighter story and a lighter time in Middle Earth, so I don't mind the lighter action.
    Ok I will give you the cave troll. But getting shot up by arrows or having your hand broken is not an injury according to you? What is being injured according to you?

Ok I will give you the cave troll. But getting shot up by arrows or having your hand broken is not an injury according to you? What is being injured according to you?
    But they were thought dead from these injuries. At least briefly, or by some. So injuries were still related to them being "dead".

Still, in The Hobbit, it's a fun and exciting adventure until the battle. As said in the movies, darkness is returning, but not quite there yet.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-01-22 at 12:25 PM.

Frodo being stung by Shelob, then being tortured in the tower.

Then of course, being whipped as they both ran in the orc regiment in Mordor.

Deleted
    Injuries in LOTR: Things that have been seen in movies

Aragon.

FOTR
    Moria; hit by a troll,
    Amon hen;2 punches from Uruk Hai, hit to a wall by an Uruk Hai, falls from a building, a shield traps his nake and Lutrz hits him several times in their duel.

Ending: Blood in his mouth and some bruises. No fatal damage

Two Towers
    Wargs vs Rohirrim battle; Gets hit by an orc rider, dragged by a warg for a minute, falls from a high cliff
    Helms deep; Kick from a Uruk Hai, a couple of punches from Uruks, blast of the explosion, falls of the wall... twice, gets hit in the neck by an Uruk.

Ending: Blood in his hands and some bruises. No fatal damage

ROTK
    First meeting with the undead: A huge pile of sculls falls to him
    Battle at the Black Gate: A troll hits him and steps on him

Ending: Some bruises. No fatal damage

I think they really get wounded and you can see them get heart, its just that on the next scene most of them continue to act like nothing has happen to them.

Amazing! First movie was closer to the book, but then it deviated in the second. Nonetheless it was still very good.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So the Bluray of part 2 is out..apparently even with bookends (which so far they only did for extended CEs). Try as I might, I cannot seem to find any info if and when we will get the proper CE. You know..slightly longer with extra behind the scene documentaries and all.

Anyone knows?
    I don't know for sure but I am guessing it's likely. Also once they are all out they will probably be available as a set with even more things. I don't think they are going to announce any of it soon though

the extended edition will come out probably in the fall or early winter like all the previosu ones have so far.

Also speaking of injuries, I know this doesn't really count as it was on the actor/out of character side but in that scene in the two towers where Aragorn legoals and Gimli finds the bodies of burnt Uruk's and Aragorn kicks a helmet. The final take (the one in the movie) he actually breaks his toe kicking the helmet and he says he used the pain from his foot to help drive his performance and fuel the thought of pain from losing a friend. Just an interesting tid bit.

Anyways, anyone else excited to see Dain in the new movie?

Hopefully Jackson has him (Dain) killing Azog, at least that can be faithful to source material.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not buying any of them until the full Blu-ray set of the whole series gets released, just like I did for Lord of the Rings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm not buying any of them until the full Blu-ray set of the whole series gets released, just like I did for Lord of the Rings.
    Same with me. I'll wait til the Collector/s Edition box set extended edition, just like I did with LotR. Can't wait to finally see the extended editions though, the real way the movies are meant to be viewed.

Deleted
    Looks like Beorn did too much cocaine, how will this affect the 3rd movie?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-cocaine.html

Skipper, Manchester, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago

Should have stuck with the Halflings' Leaf.
    Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Again? Damn it Persbrandt. Dude has been in trouble for cocaine before.. didn't learn his lesson apparently </3
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Looks like Beorn did too much cocaine, how will this affect the 3rd movie?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-cocaine.html

Lol
    All three movies have essentially been done for a while now. Mainly post-production now.