Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    why i hated the decision

imperials..... join ppl who wanted to kill u and screwed up royal with the elves

storm cloaks..... racist bastards with noble cause?
    Except Ulfric is a liar. I don't much like Tullius nor the Empire but Ulfric is in it for himself and on one else. As is shown by speaking to him in Sovngarde after you kill him. The Stormcloak cause is just though.

I do regret siding with the Imperials on my last character though. It IS a Khajiit which means racially I should be aligned with the Aldmeri Dominion anyways. But as the Dragonborn, I have the power to single handedly oust the Dominion AND the Empire and unite Skyrim under one banner. And if Hammerfell can do it, you bet your ass Skyrim can too.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

See, I get these sense that the Empire is just waiting for the right moment to turn and kick the Aldmeri Dominion out of Tamriel. With the Nord problem solved they've regained their foothold in the north and allies to bolster their ranks again the Dominion. If that was taken from them it would go from Empire (humans) vs Aldmeri Dominion to Nords/Bretons/Redgaurds vs. Aldmeri Domion + Empire. I don't know if the three non-empire factions could survive that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    idk... doesn't seem like something a young and inexperienced yet intelligent vampire would do. certainly she would anticipate that there would be experienced veteran hunters there, that could probably spot her pretty quickly.
    Cleanse yourself, join the Dawnguard, get turned back into a vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    See, I get these sense that the Empire is just waiting for the right moment to turn and kick the Aldmeri Dominion out of Tamriel. With the Nord problem solved they've regained their foothold in the north and allies to bolster their ranks again the Dominion. If that was taken from them it would go from Empire (humans) vs Aldmeri Dominion to Nords/Bretons/Redgaurds vs. Aldmeri Domion + Empire. I don't know if the three non-empire factions could survive that fight.
    that's exactly what the empire is doing. all the imperial higher ups still hate the dominion fiercely, but they're just biding their time until the final war. they know it's coming, the problem is that other members of the empire were too short-sighted to see what's going on, or are just foolish or greedy enough to not care. hammerfell's reasons for leaving the empire was just, the empire went too far by trying to give away their land. but ulfric and his band were just foolish, and split skyrim in two with hatred and that has overall lowered man's chances of winning against the dominion.

there's another problem with a weakened empire that nobody seems to be taking into account, the akavir. akaviri warlords already tried to invade tamriel several times in the past, and it took everything we had to drive them out. now though, after the final war with the dominion, the massive losses from the rebellion, and the possibility that the empire has lost the aid of the redguards for good... tamriel just might fall to the akavir.

Am i right in thinking we won't know the outcome of the war until the next game?

I am thinking it will be 100 or so years in the future and we are trying to free our selves from the tyranny of aldmeri dominion/akaviri, you saw it here first!

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    I think it is a good thing the empire has crumbled. Its time for the true sons of skyrim to wipe out the elves! with the help of some awesome bretons (belethor) and the red guards!

btw why do so many people hate belethor. hes the best npc imo

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 02:43 PM ----------

that's exactly what the empire is doing. all the imperial higher ups still hate the dominion fiercely, but they're just biding their time until the final war. they know it's coming, the problem is that other members of the empire were too short-sighted to see what's going on, or are just foolish or greedy enough to not care. hammerfell's reasons for leaving the empire was just, the empire went too far by trying to give away their land. but ulfric and his band were just foolish, and split skyrim in two with hatred and that has overall lowered man's chances of winning against the dominion.

there's another problem with a weakened empire that nobody seems to be taking into account, the akavir. akaviri warlords already tried to invade tamriel several times in the past, and it took everything we had to drive them out. now though, after the final war with the dominion, the massive losses from the rebellion, and the possibility that the empire has lost the aid of the redguards for good... tamriel just might fall to the akavir.
    the Nords are the life blood of the empire, the greatest fighters and many of its soldiers are Nords. So lets sell them out because of a foolish war and sign a contract that throws Nordish pride under the bus because we were dumb enough to have a war that we could have won easily, but didnt

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

yes genn, the war could have been won. but the empire would have been completely exhausted and weakened possibly beyond repair. if that were the happen, what would stop the akavir from steam rolling over everyone? had the empire continued the war with the dominion, it wouldn't have just been imperials that would have been taxed beyond recovery. it would have been the whole of the empire. that would have been nords too. the akavir are incredibly dangerous, and i'm certain that the emperor took that into consideration when he weighed the outcome of finishing things.

kicking the dominion all the way from cyrodiil, through valenwood, and then finishing them on summerset would have been and immense task, and one that it was smart to put off for a while. there's more than two sides to nirn, and you have to take that into consideration when you're fighting.

wel from my perspective, no more empire, time for federation!

Skyrim is free! ALL HAIL THE HIGH KING]

besides the empire has been weakening over time already its time for a new era!
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-02-18 at 03:50 PM.

ok, i think i have a problem. i wanted erik the slayer to be my steward, but i also wanted to give him a two-hand sword before asking him to be my steward. well, i went to my home where i had the weapon i wanted for him, which is the house i wanted him to be a steward for, and got the weapon. when i came back out, he walked up and asked if i would like for him to be my steward, well i said "i'll have to think about it" because you can't trade things with stewards. now he does not give the option to be my steward anymore. i've tried dismissing him, fast traveling, and waiting for days but he still doesn't have the option. am i fucked?

wel from my perspective, no more empire, time for federation!

Skyrim is free! ALL HAIL THE HIGH KING]

besides the empire has been weakening over time already its time for a new era!
    I don't think so. Bethesda loves ancient Rome. The empire is obviously very inspired by that (they have a major Rome based faction in their other big franchise, Fallout, as well). Besides, killing off the empire would leave the imperials an inferior human race compared to the others. They're kinda bad even now but without the voice of the emperor, they'd just be terrible.

No no, I'm pretty sure the dragonborn will fix the empire somehow. Either by just helping the old one win and picking a new emperor or becoming one or conquering the old empire and founding a new dragonborn empire like Talos.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I don't think so. Bethesda loves ancient Rome. The empire is obviously very inspired by that (they have a major Rome based faction in their other big franchise, Fallout, as well). Besides, killing off the empire would leave the imperials an inferior human race compared to the others. They're kinda bad even now but without the voice of the emperor, they'd just be terrible.

No no, I'm pretty sure the dragonborn will fix the empire somehow. Either by just helping the old one win and picking a new emperor or becoming one or conquering the old empire and founding a new dragonborn empire like Talos.
    Legion in Fallout wasn't made by Bethesda.
    Besides I think the empire would be better off if it was remade from ashes.

well it would lead into new story lines. I mean how long can they beat the dead horse of its the empire v someone

also rome did fall :\ its time for new blood in the story!

skyrim basically wrote the empire as dying slowly
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-02-18 at 09:01 PM.

well it would lead into new story lines. I mean how long can they beat the dead horse of its the empire v someone

also rome did fall :\ its time for new blood in the story!

skyrim basically wrote the empire as dying slowly
    The empire has had worse setbacks than that. If you read the ingame books, the War of the Diamond pretty much tore the empire apart, a lot of emperors have been assassinated. The empire had even been re-founded a couple of times.

Speaking of which, what was with the Oblivion story anyway? The Amulet of Kings was buried with Reman 3 before Talos dug him up.. why didn't the Oblivion events happen then if no one lit the Dragonfires? Not only that but there were wars and emperors getting killed and spouses(who had no relations to the dragonborn bloodline) taking the throne and nothing happened but during Oblivion events, Uriel got killed, a few days passed and gates already started popping up everywhere.

The empire has had worse setbacks than that. If you read the ingame books, the War of the Diamond pretty much tore the empire apart, a lot of emperors have been assassinated. The empire had even been re-founded a couple of times.

Speaking of which, what was with the Oblivion story anyway? The Amulet of Kings was buried with Reman 3 before Talos dug him up.. why didn't the Oblivion events happen then if no one lit the Dragonfires? Not only that but there were wars and emperors getting killed and spouses(who had no relations to the dragonborn bloodline) taking the throne and nothing happened but during Oblivion events, Uriel got killed, a few days passed and gates already started popping up everywhere.
    perhaps no one took advantage of it until then? the mythic dawn were the ones responsible for most of that mess, right? maybe they were just the only ones to take advantage of it.

anyway, i was just now running around in raven rock and a guard was like "if you're looking for passage to vvardenfell, you're out of luck. not many ships going that way these days." is he just meaning because of the eruption? or is there possibly something else going down there? everything i've read suggests that vvardenfell is still inhabited to a degree.

I think it is a good thing the empire has crumbled. Its time for the true sons of skyrim to wipe out the elves! with the help of some awesome bretons (belethor) and the red guards!

btw why do so many people hate belethor. hes the best npc imo
    Because he's creepy. ;-; The way he says "Do come back" to my character...TOTAL CREEP.

perhaps no one took advantage of it until then? the mythic dawn were the ones responsible for most of that mess, right? maybe they were just the only ones to take advantage of it.

anyway, i was just now running around in raven rock and a guard was like "if you're looking for passage to vvardenfell, you're out of luck. not many ships going that way these days." is he just meaning because of the eruption? or is there possibly something else going down there? everything i've read suggests that vvardenfell is still inhabited to a degree.
    150-200 hours played on this character and I still haven't even set foot on Solstheim -.- in fact I haven't even finished main quest and Dawnguard quests but I'm getting close, I hope. There's just so much to do. Every time I find myself thinking that I'm finally running out of quests and can move on to Dragonborn, I find countless new ones popping up, finding new nordic barrows or dwemer ruins I haven't explored yet or just random items to decorate my house with.

i used to do that myself. but now that i'm up around the 1300 hours played mark... i think i've done just about everything there is to be done....

Anyone here have skyrim on ps3and is having drsgonbourne dlc trouble?
    It's a region 1 disc so I bought the dlc on region 1, downloaded it. It shows in my games thingy, but when I open up the game I can't make the cultists appear, and when I click on the dlc tab it says there is no dlc installed. Blah
    Anyone know how to fix it?
    Other Forums are useless.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Because he's creepy. ;-; The way he says "Do come back" to my character...TOTAL CREEP.
    he says it to everyone hes just joshing

gives me sick deals, even sold he his sister....... then told he he didnt have a sister.... who the hell did i buy?

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 03:51 AM ----------

why does miraak say im the last dragonborn btw?

Thinking of starting a new game, haven't played since before any DLC has been released.

Was thinking someone who conjures his weapons (swords), with a strong companion (conjured).

Or maybe necro style. Are their life steal abilities? And can I summon more than one undead minion?

Any particular mods I should look out for? I think I remember one that totally redoes magic?

I'd get all DLC for it too.