Good god does Requiem make the game harder. I lost count of how many draugr were in the treasure room of Bleak Falls Barrow... Spent most of my morning luring them out 1-2 at a time so I could handle them and then the big kahuna in the sarcophagus one shots me with ice breath. I'm playing a squishy mage so I might be having more trouble than I should. Any tips for not getting slaughtered so much?

I'm a little miffed that they seem to have removed a lot of the random potions laying around, as well as removed all the treasure from urns and mummified bodies. And hiring Jenessa cost 5k gold? Did they raise the price of horses and houses too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Good god does Requiem make the game harder. I lost count of how many draugr were in the treasure room of Bleak Falls Barrow... Spent most of my morning luring them out 1-2 at a time so I could handle them and then the big kahuna in the sarcophagus one shots me with ice breath. I'm playing a squishy mage so I might be having more trouble than I should. Any tips for not getting slaughtered so much?
    You aren't supposed to go there at low level. If you don't mind, you can quite easily get few levels with pickpocketing - very easy once you reach pickpocket 25. Was ready to write about how I leveled-up my magic skills, almost all at 100 now, but then I remember'd that I've Apocalypse spell-pack installed which makes it a bit different as it adds more spells.

Alright, now I'm pissed. Doing the "In My Time of Need" quest and decide to kill the Alik'r. Get to the end, attack them while they're talking. Kill them all except the main guy because he keeps healing to full and coming at me. After killing him five times over I decide I've had it and console kill him. He falls to one knee staggered like an essential NPC. Figure it's because I attacked while he was talking so I reload save, go through whole cave again, talk it through with him... Same thing.

So I spent a bit fiddling with console commands to remove his essential status but for some reason it's not working. If I can't figure it out I'm just going to set the quest to the next stage and forget that cave exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    Forgotten magic redone. Doesn't overhaul perks adds new spells you can level up.

Apocalypse Adds a bunch of new very interesting spells to all schools does not overhaul perks.

Perkus maximus A giant giant giant overhaul of the game adds a lot of new spells redoes all the perks ALL OF THEM Just be warned this is a giant overhaul and takes a lot of work to make it work with other mods.

Wintermyst Induced in perkus maximus adds many enchantments to the game.

I know there is more but I only linked the stuff that I have used before.
    I haven't used it in a very long time, but Perkus Maximus was really just cobbled together, and was an absolute wreck to play with, especially if you used other mods. It looks like it's been updated recently (April 12th of this year), I wonder if they ever actually re-did it to be a proper, functioning mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I haven't used it in a very long time, but Perkus Maximus was really just cobbled together, and was an absolute wreck to play with, especially if you used other mods. It looks like it's been updated recently (April 12th of this year), I wonder if they ever actually re-did it to be a proper, functioning mod.
    I knojw when I used it, the main issue was that parts of it weeren't working properly or I was unable/unwilling to verify if they were working. Honestly enjoyed some parts, particularly the skeleton and necromancy side of conjuration, and a few of the thief related shit (available from other mods but I got them in PerMa).

but yeah it was still relatively new and I only had to deal with maybe 40 other mods most of which didn't actually relate to anything PerMa tweaked.. except for one that spawned additional mobs... that one had a tendency to copy boss targets in quests and require resetting or console commands to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    You aren't supposed to go there at low level. If you don't mind, you can quite easily get few levels with pickpocketing - very easy once you reach pickpocket 25. Was ready to write about how I leveled-up my magic skills, almost all at 100 now, but then I remember'd that I've Apocalypse spell-pack installed which makes it a bit different as it adds more spells.
    So where is a decent place to go around level 10? I'm mostly just taking up bounties from Whiterun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So where is a decent place to go around level 10? I'm mostly just taking up bounties from Whiterun.
    Uh - think it heavily depends on your build (and gear). Like if you have high Destruction or Restoration, then killing draugh shouldn't too large problem. I can't really say go there and do this since I don't know what sort of mods you are using in your game - I myself had Bounty Board downloaded which gave random Quests in Whiterun Hold - I modified it since the original file from Nexus is quite bugged.

As Conjurer I had problems killing mobs until I reached Apprentive (25) -level spells, which gave me "Conjure Daedric Pit Fighter" and "Daedric Mind". Pit Fighter is low armored summon that uses daedric axe, and daedric mind allowed me to take direct control of it while increasing it's health and damage while mind control was active. Both of these spells came from Apocalypse -mod, so they were a bit OP in Requiem at that level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to chime in for anyone thinking about it, I briefly tried Requiem and really liked it. I want to say the only issue I ran into was compatibility issues with other mods. For instance I seem to recall the big one being that some of the Requiem patches require older Unofficial Skyrim Patches (individual per DLC) that have been replaced by the Unofficial Legendary patch.

Ultimately I went back to SkyRe just for ease and familiarity...although my game is incredibly unstable (working on that issue currently). But I do want to give Requiem another go. The difficulty and "immersion" is right up my alley.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

The only major mods I'm running are Requiem and the Holds overhaul I linked to before, everything else is just graphics and performance enhancement. I'm trying to keep this run light on modifications.

But once I hit apprentice level in destruction I noticed a distinct jump in my character's power. I guess heading straight to Bleak Falls was just setting myself up for failure, plus I was getting unlucky with running into A LOT of sabrecats in the wild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my current fav. spells - all from Requiem.

Summon Skeletal Hero was my most-used spell at low levels since it was extremely efficient against mobs, especially low armored ones.

And once I got these two perks, my toughness sky-rocketed:

- - - Updated - - -

Also some "WTF" -moment from Skyrim. Wonder what the people inside did to him.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why did people have to start talking about this again? Now you have me wanting to reinstall and go back through the mod process after I wiped everything from my computer. Grrr. *shakesfist*
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Why did people have to start talking about this again? Now you have me wanting to reinstall and go back through the mod process after I wiped everything from my computer. Grrr. *shakesfist*
    That's perfect though! You are perfectly set up for a fresh install. >: )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    That's perfect though! You are perfectly set up for a fresh install. >: )
    No you didn't... I think I'm just going to play ESO on PS4 to get my Skyrim kicks out of the way. Not quite the same, but still very fun. And they have the Dark Brotherhood coming, so that's cool.
    BAD WOLF

Watched the latest GoT episode and now I want to play skyrim again -__-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    No you didn't... I think I'm just going to play ESO on PS4 to get my Skyrim kicks out of the way. Not quite the same, but still very fun. And they have the Dark Brotherhood coming, so that's cool.
    Yeah, but you know what's cooler? Mods....many many mods! =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but you know what's cooler? Mods....many many mods! =D
    Yes...and no. I bought FO4 on PS4 on purpose so I wouldn't be tempted to do all that and to couch play better. The last 3 times I did Skyrim I got so caught up in mods that I never finished playing. It was fun, but man I want to go back through and do that game 100%.

If they released the Legendary Edition on PS4 I would buy it immediately for full price to play again in a pristine-ish condition.
    BAD WOLF

I found base skyrim awful, it's either mods or go home

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I found base skyrim awful, it's either mods or go home
    Base Skyrim was pretty good when it came out...but after getting a taste for mods there is no way I would play it without.

I play base, on my 360 still. (Got into the ARPGS for the 360 late in the game) I enjoy it, looking to purchase the legendary edition to replace my current one so I will have all the DLCs. Honestly the only thing I dislike so far with Skyrim is the combat :/ Melee feels....so meh compared to some other ARPGS of the same time period (Dragon's Dogma)
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Base Skyrim was pretty good when it came out...but after getting a taste for mods there is no way I would play it without.
    I would if they gave the Leg Edition and included HD texture packs to go with the current gen of consoles. I don't usually play with too many overhaul mods. Most of my time is spent tweaking weather, lighting, and graphics in general. For gameplay I typically only go with SkyRe, Live Another Life, and some arrow mods to make it more realistic and not so derpy.
    BAD WOLF