Which style of combat is considered the most fun to play? At the moment im running sneak/archer and its no fun at all lol just one shots everything. But if i need to i will reset the talent trees to try something else. (pc console commands ftw )

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Which style of combat is considered the most fun to play? At the moment im running sneak/archer and its no fun at all lol just one shots everything. But if i need to i will reset the talent trees to try something else. (pc console commands ftw )
    How would we know what playstyle you find fun? If its too easy, why don't you just up the difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Try one hand/destruction.

If you really like stealth try dagger/illusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    If you really like stealth try dagger/illusion.
    I'm playing dagger/dagger.

No cheap tricks such as Invisibility, just "skill".

I play a sneak archer that isn't afraid to get in the thick of battle if needed. Overall though I like playing the jack of all trades in terms of physical damage.

Magic, maybe some decent magic spells-overhaul mod to go with it. Try playing non-Destruction and see if you can carve out a unusual way of gameplay.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

Hardly skill when with sufficiently high Sneak you can stand infront of people and shoot them in the face with stealth multiplier.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Hardly skill when with sufficiently high Sneak you can stand infront of people and shoot them in the face with stealth multiplier.
    Mm...yeah, I meant "Sneak skill" with that.

If you want to make it a bit tougher, you can use Skytweak to modify how easily enemies detect stealth, how long they search, and whatnot.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

You don't get invisibility til pretty late if you're playing a hardcore stealth character (as in playing on master and going straight to thieve's guild or dark brotherhood). Also, there's plenty of other things that make illusion hella fun like making enemies kill each other; makes perfect sense with the whole idea of subterfuge and a lot of spell packs contribute to it.

Dagger/dagger is also pretty hardcore, probably moreso at that point but still. Mod it up so it doesn't become faceroll, that's why you got the game for PC isn't it?
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

that's why you got the game for PC isn't it?
    Dunno i dont really download mods as much for my games. I do tweak a few things but i prefer to play the game mostly in its original state.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    I modded my game so much i downloaded the new version of nexus mod manager and it broke my game XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mod it up so it doesn't become faceroll, that's why you got the game for PC isn't it?
    Yeah... pretty much, can't play with my Playstation anymore after this many years of PC gaming.

Played first time without mods, then later started with heavily modded one again.

I actually need to take a break from skyrim for now...feeling a bit of fatigue towards the game since it's basically all ive played for the past week and a half. Still dont feel like the game ever ends and im only at 100 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    I actually need to take a break from skyrim for now...feeling a bit of fatigue towards the game since it's basically all ive played for the past week and a half. Still dont feel like the game ever ends and im only at 100 hours.
    Poor guy. 100 Hours is just the beginning of the madness. >: )

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Yea, I know haha...I've just put every second of spare time into it that I need to take a break. Moved on to Borderlands 2 for now...Will probably play another RPG before finishing skyrim's main story/expansion main story.

I know Steam is building the Steambox but it'd be amazazing if they allowed the Steam workshop on the PS4 and Xbone somehow so people can enjoy modding games without a PC.

And of course I hope Bethesda integrates a lot of the best mods out there into ES VI and Fallout 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    A 100 hours in a week and half is insane.

Then again I've put almost 600 hours into the game but that's since the game launched back in 2011.

I know Steam is building the Steambox but it'd be amazazing if they allowed the Steam workshop on the PS4 and Xbone somehow so people can enjoy modding games without a PC.

And of course I hope Bethesda integrates a lot of the best mods out there into ES VI and Fallout 4.

- - - Updated - - -

A 100 hours in a week and half is insane.

Then again I've put almost 600 hours into the game but that's since the game launched back in 2011.
    Bear in mind...I am out of work until at the latest 25th of August due to a recent hand surgery...I have literally put about all I can into the game. I think the only thing im upset about is I get the red error stating AA is enabled turning down or off some features...So I went and turned AA off and the game crashes =/ Dont want to uninstall everything and reintroduce everything.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    Bear in mind...I am out of work until at the latest 25th of August due to a recent hand surgery...I have literally put about all I can into the game. I think the only thing im upset about is I get the red error stating AA is enabled turning down or off some features...So I went and turned AA off and the game crashes =/ Dont want to uninstall everything and reintroduce everything.
    That's a risk you always run with modding. I try to make sure to avoid script heavy mods. Everything by Apollodown, while some of the greatest mods on the nexus, feels like an inevitable corrupt save if you're using literally any other mods with it.

ENB's also mess with the core game HARD. I've basically tried to make the game look as good as I can without using ENB's and it looks pretty damn good.

I'm currently running north of 130 mods and have the occasional crash now and then but nothing major. Make sure you're using TES5edit and BOSS if you can.

P.S. Everyone NEEDS to download Enai Siaion's mods (author of Apocalypse spell pack). They're all just so damn good.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2014-07-22 at 12:34 AM.

That's a risk you always run with modding. I try to make sure to avoid script heavy mods. Everything by Apollodown, while some of the greatest mods on the nexus, feels like an inevitable corrupt save if you're using literally any other mods with it.

ENB's also mess with the core game HARD. I've basically tried to make the game look as good as I can without using ENB's and it looks pretty damn good.

I'm currently running north of 130 mods and have the occasional crash now and then but nothing major. Make sure you're using TES5edit and BOSS if you can.

P.S. Everyone NEEDS to download Enai Siaion's mods (author of Apocalypse spell pack). They're all just so damn good.
    Yea, I dont know which specific mod it is...I'm using ENBs actually and I dont think they are bad...I just must have fucked something up.. The game doesn't crash when I have that turned on and my game still looks pretty good as a whole so I am fine with it the way it is. I don't think I'll ever buy an elder scrolls game for console unless they allow modding some how...Which is very very very very unlikely...