Zhonyas is about 15 times (done the maths here!) better than Abyssal on Xerath. Akali jumps you? Just hit Zhonyas and shes forced to switch target, if your team has an Oracles she'll die. You are probably doing better for your team by having more AP and blowing people up before they get near you. Xerath is meant to burst people down with his ultimate from ridiculous range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlor View Post
    He said in team fights. Akali can't gap close everybody at the same time, at least not for long.
    This is Xerath though. He CCs himself to do damage. Not exactly the hardest target to stick to.

Deleted
    I´m really confused by those Riven nerfs. Seems like they just put all the champions names in a hat, drew Riven and decided to make her useless so that nobody ever plays her again.

Riots balancing is just straight out awful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    but in team fights etc later on it's pretty much a wasted passive since it'll be a lot easier to keep distance
    Pretty much what Axethor said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Zhonyas is about 15 times (done the maths here!) better than Abyssal on Xerath. Akali jumps you? Just hit Zhonyas and shes forced to switch target, if your team has an Oracles she'll die. You are probably doing better for your team by having more AP and blowing people up before they get near you. Xerath is meant to burst people down with his ultimate from ridiculous range.
    I kinda agree and I don't.

This is mostly about the lane phase, so she won't, somehow, snowball hard and get fed. Getting MR is a lot better than just going for some proc, that has a long cd. She can always jump to you, if you don't have Zhonays, what will you do? Nothing except die(assuming you're doing bad or just something). It's still a lot better to just get MR(Scepter), which will allow you to stay in lane a lot more, and with the Crystal Flask, or wtv it's called, sustaining in lane in these days is rather easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    I´m really confused by those Riven nerfs. Seems like they just put all the champions names in a hat, drew Riven and decided to make her useless so that nobody ever plays her again.

Riots balancing is just straight out awful.
    I have no idea but it's just the health regen, she will only be, supposedly, screwed in lane phase, the rest seems rather fine to me.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-12-21 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I have no idea but it's just the health regen, she will only be, supposedly, screwed in lane phase, the rest seems rather fine to me.
    They also increased her ult CD across the board, with the most drastic being rank 1 and 2. They did buff her shield though.

And your link is broken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    They also increased her ult CD across the board, with the most drastic being rank 1 and 2. They did buff her shield though.

And your link is broken.
    Yeah, I forgot that.

I think it's not really that bad tbh.. Atleast not in SR as far as my knowledge of it goes... Sure, you won't be making a lot of harass now because of the health regen and because the CD at the first two ranks has been drastically increased but I don't think it's that bad, you just need to be careful when you will fight or when you want to start one.

As far as I remember, I used to poke with Riven and some of those pokes ended up being a kill/combat with someone simply because the ulti allowed me to do that, but not much now because of the nerf, well, like I've said, it's not that bad and I'm sure she'll manage.

Fixed the link, lol.

Deleted
    Her early is now a lot weaker, that health regen nerf hits hard I suppose. I never had big issues with her on top but I didn't fought vs a good Riven in a long time, mostly playing AP mid here :P

The moving background is pretty easily set up btw, get yourself the little program Dreamcast and enable it. If you can get your hands on an large scale "gif" that was converted to an movie data you can simply click "set as background" and done.

You should set the option "Display Desktopicons" or whatever its called to off because it will bug a little.
    Right now the Lichking is greeting me with falling snow from his frozen throne or maybe the Diablo 3 Heroes, depending on my mood.

Deleted
    Why is there no winter map this year?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Why is there no winter map this year?
    Because the old winter map hasn't been worked to be at the same level as the new custom SR map, because Riot was focusing on season 3 and the TT rework, apparently.

That's why there was also no Halloween map, sadly.

Deleted
    This is what I found on Riven, probablly should have included it in the original post:

Riven:
    Health regen per 5 from 9.5 to 4.5
    Blade of the Exile cooldown from 75/60/45 to 110/85/50
    Valor shield strength from 60/90/120/150/180 to 70/100/130/160/190
    Valor ratio from (+1.0AD) to (+0.4AD)

I mean, the ult nerf I agree with to some extent, the health regen could definitly be nerfed just not as drastically. But nerfing the ratio on her shield like that makes her complete trash and puts her close to pre-rework Eve level of bad.

They didn't nerf the scaling of her shield. It was just some fansites that posted wrong info. They only buffed the base value, probably to make up for her regen nerf.

Deleted
    Note to self

When you get an instalock Panth and Talon who want to go bot together

DODGE IMMEDIATELY

i got instalock teemo and heimer bot lane ... and they said they both 1.9k elo smurfs...

dodge -.-...

Will be missed ~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    They didn't nerf the scaling of her shield. It was just some fansites that posted wrong info. They only buffed the base value, probably to make up for her regen nerf.
    Oh well that makes more sense. Still don´t see why they nerf a champion that hasn´t seen competetive play for 6 months, should have atleast waited until S3 gets started before just nerfing everything.

Wooo beat Shen in top lane as GP, final score for me 4/0/13. GP with 4.5k health is fun

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Vvhooya View Post
    i got instalock teemo and heimer bot lane ... and they said they both 1.9k elo smurfs...

dodge -.-...
    Whenever you have that guy in your team that not only feeds but makes a million terrible judgement calls that have nothing to do with having a "bad game", and everything to do with having no map awareness or common sense - they always start mouthing off about their "real" account that has [insert high elo here].

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Wooo beat Shen in top lane as GP, final score for me 4/0/13. GP with 4.5k health is fun
    4.5k health? No one thought of buying Liandry's or Ruined King?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    4.5k health? No one thought of buying Liandry's or Ruined King?
    Dont think they could burst me down, just pop W and cleanse and heal myself.

I was so tanky and with Atmas i hurt a lot.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Would be cool if you could use gifs, that big, as a wallpaper.

Could you imagine having her like that? XD I have no idea if that's possible though, I doubt it.
    It's possible. It's called Dreamscape. But I'm not sure if you can add any kind of video as your wallpaper.

Deleted
    Majad, people think me and you are the same person