Played a game today, Vlad first blooded level 1 against Sion mid. Goes back to lane, second kill for Sion level 3. Goes back to lane, third and fourth kills for Sion level 4. I'll go ahead and fastforward to the part where Sion is level 16 at 20 minutes with lich bane, rabadon's, DFG, had 500 AP and globals anyone who gets near him with his stun/shield break combo.

We were not going to turn that around. I was Twitch, and was 6-0-8 against their top and bot lanes, but Sion started running around the map globaling people and inevitably his allies got fed, nothing we could do about it. You saw Sion enter your lane and you blue pilled or gave him more gold with your death.

Oh, and Vlad kept feeding during all of this, and not just to Sion once early game ended and he started "ganking."

Deleted
    Bwugh, that sounds like a horrible match.
    So whats the general census on AP Sion?
    Strong early, bad late? Or is he actually a viable choice throughout a match?

15+ Year Old Account
    All right, so Leaguecraft seems to have videos about the Ezreal and Shaco skins. (Obviously the other skins as well, but those are less interesting, as they are already released.)

Shaco's skin is called 'Asylum'. You can find the ingame skin in this video.

Ezreal's skin is called 'Pulsefire'. You can find the ingame skin in this video.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Like any champ, OP when fed. Break shield for 6 minion kills every 30 seconds from about 8 minutes in and on and it's hard not to get fed unless you really just can't lane.

Played some support in soloranked just now. Both games as Sona. Won both. It was actually fun as Sona. Feels like I would win 80% of the games I play support and Sona. People are so bad at this game so you would just carry as support xD. 9 wins, 5 losses so far. 1358 rating. But 3 of those 5 losses where because of retards obviously, leaving/picking wrong champs/doesnt know how to last hit etc/people focus wrong in team fights. Hope to get 1500-1600+ so I can play with people that actually/probably read stuff about the game and keep themself updated and does what needs to be done.

GG and good night!

15+ Year Old Account
    I just had like my best game EVER. Except I LOST IT. My whole team never grouped up, and the almost always got caught by themselves. 16/2/9. For most of the game I was like 15/0. I did so good. I did so damn good. Bad team ruined it. Ruined it. *cries so hard*

Just won a 4v5 w/ Shaco. Them ganks.

Oh, them ganks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I just had like my best game EVER. Except I LOST IT. My whole team never grouped up, and the almost always got caught by themselves. 16/2/9. For most of the game I was like 15/0. I did so good. I did so damn good. Bad team ruined it. Ruined it. *cries so hard*
    Yea, it's never fun to lose because your team is bad, especially when you're doing good. Happens alot tho : <

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    He's strong if you aren't bad like me.

Last game I had was the first game I've ever seen the enemy surrender exactly at 20 mins. They weren't even that far beind, I was only 2-0, our jungler 6-1, our mid was 3-1, that was it. Guess they really didn't want to deal with it....

10+ Year Old Account
    Assume same time matches (dominion or sr or TT), which give most IP? dominion ip seems lower now
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

So i am getting close to level 20 and will be wanting to get tier 3 runes, but more of a general rune page for jungling which i can also use solo top and also for dominion what i am mainly playing at the moment.
    The champions i mainly play are Irelia (wont be jungling on her), Nocturne, Gangplank, Lee Sin and Warwick.

What would be the best standard set up for them, i have been looking around and is this good enough?
    7 Arp red
    2 AD red
    9 Flat armour yellow
    9 Mr/level blue
    3 Movespeed Quit

Most people go for AD or ArP Quits but to me the movespeed ones are a bit more appealing.

Generally, it depends on how well your champ scales with AD, but as a general rune page for jungling, you maybe want to switch the 2 red AD to Arp. The 7/2 split is mostly done if you have enough Arp to penetrate the armor of all creeps, so you put those extra 2 red AD into it. Without the Arp Quints though, you would probably do more damage if you go full Arp red.

Other than that, that rune setup seems perfectly fine for me, as I am using almost the same one for Udyr (switched yellow to dodge)

Quote Originally Posted by Antueater View Post
    Generally, it depends on how well your champ scales with AD, but as a general rune page for jungling, you maybe want to switch the 2 red AD to Arp. The 7/2 split is mostly done if you have enough Arp to penetrate the armor of all creeps, so you put those extra 2 red AD into it. Without the Arp Quints though, you would probably do more damage if you go full Arp red.

Other than that, that rune setup seems perfectly fine for me, as I am using almost the same one for Udyr (switched yellow to dodge)
    Ahh i see, thank you, will change it to 9 Arp red then. Will probably get the Arp quints somewhere down the line, but tier 3 runes are pretty expensive
    Last edited by Balbo; 2011-11-02 at 12:13 PM.

this might be a silly question, but is there a way to trial/test play a hero before you buy it, without having to wait for it to appear on the random weeks heros?

ive been a lil bit disappointed with some recent purchases and kinda wanna be sure on the future ones

even if the testing is only available for BOT games and gave no EXP/IP etc...........

Other than asking a friend? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    this might be a silly question, but is there a way to trial/test play a hero before you buy it, without having to wait for it to appear on the random weeks heros?

ive been a lil bit disappointed with some recent purchases and kinda wanna be sure on the future ones

even if the testing is only available for BOT games and gave no EXP/IP etc...........
    Patience. Playing when they're free after two weeks is what most people do. Or play on a rich friend's account.

Otherwise no. You essentially watch a champion to see if it's to your liking before trying it, or just ignore it until you can actually 'afford' to use them (which makes it all the sweeter for some reason).

It's a (rather unintentional(?), but also funny) way to counteract buying power in this game.
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    okay so let's analyse the financial model of Riot from a very abstract perspective:
    how do they make money on LoL?
    riot points.

why do you buy riot points?
    to buy champions, skins or runes.

what do you need at lvl 30?
    runes.

how much does runes cost?
    some runes 2k, others 200. and you need 30 of them per build...

how do I obtain said runes?!
    by using ip.

but... I need the ip for my champions...
    oh really? well I guess you could always buy some rp to get that champion now when it's on sale... cough...

long story short, they milk you dry of IP so you're more tempted to buy champions with RP and thus they profit.

Okay so has anyone played Shyvana? What do her spells scale with?

10+ Year Old Account
    After I completed 3 generic rune pages (One for melee, one for casters, one for tank), I find that all I have left to do is spend IP on champs. Before that though, it was a pain, I just ended up sticking to one champ while occasionally hopping between free champs. It actually wasn't until I completed my last rune page that I actually spent RP on anything (o_o).

Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Okay so has anyone played Shyvana? What do her spells scale with?
    Her Q and W scale with AD but her E and R scale with AP. Due to her passive and Q's ability to proc on-hit effects, it is also possible to build her Attack speed with things like Black Cleaver and Maldreds. [This is just my opinion with items, they may not turn out to be the best, it's only day 2 after all]

Also, there needs to be more smiley options. I can't adequately display my face as I slap it on the keyboard if my only options are confused face and sunglasses.
    Last edited by Maldezzar; 2011-11-02 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    We must demand a Trollface, Forever Alone face and Me Gusta smileys.
    It must happen. NOW!