15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think it would be smart to wait til Riot makes an official statement about this whole thing before seriously getting worked up about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    The difference is, your not gonna play Hearthstone because it's better than LoL, they are two separate genres. Your gonna play Hearthstone because you A) Like the genre more or B) Your playing both because competition between games to your average casual gamer means nothing. I play both HS and LoL. I don't plan on dropping one for the other anytime soon, nor do I plan to spend any less money because I play both games (if anything, I will spend more). These aren't subscription based MMOs where it makes sense only to pay for and play one at a time. They are free to play. Your not guaranteed to make less money because a pro player is playing HS on stream, just like you aren't guaranteed to make more because he isn't.

And I don't go to a stream because I want to find a way to entertain myself for 30-50 minutes while I wait for a game to start. The stream is my entertainment. If I wanted to play a game I wouldn't even tune in.
    so you wouldnt try out a game you saw a streamer play? i know i would if it looked interesting and chances are this is the case for most people. some of these people are even going to prefer it over LoL so now they have stopped playing LoL, but wait! this player also had friends playing LoL who he is now telling about this game now they may not all decide to quit LoL alltogether but riot is likely to lose players or at the very least have people spend less money because they are now spending it elsewhere due to people seeing it on an LCS players stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's put it this way: there's a reason *every single one* of these top streamers has a beta key. And it's not because Blizzard felt they were such nice dudes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Honestly, I think it would be smart to wait til Riot makes an official statement about this whole thing before seriously getting worked up about it.
    At least no one has resorted to suicide, lawsuits, or terrorist attacks on Riot Games, yet.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    They're being judged against Nexon America. That's pretty close to a terrorist attack.
    That's just petty compared to hijacking a 747 and ramming it into Riot HQ. Or walking into Riot HQ while strapped with bombs, and then blowing yourself up. Or people don Teemo masks and hang themselves outside of Riot HQ.

People still haven't forgiven Riot Games for making their females only fanservice and sex sells.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-12-04 at 10:29 PM.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    so you wouldnt try out a game you saw a streamer play? i know i would if it looked interesting and chances are this is the case for most people. some of these people are even going to prefer it over LoL so now they have stopped playing LoL, but wait! this player also had friends playing LoL who he is now telling about this game now they may not all decide to quit LoL alltogether but riot is likely to lose players or at the very least have people spend less money because they are now spending it elsewhere due to people seeing it on an LCS players stream
    Key word is interesting. Not everyone is gonna find Hearthstone, or any game on a LoL player's stream, interesting. Of course there are always players that will quit one thing for another, and might take friends with them. The difference is LoL is free to play. Each player is not a guaranteed investment, like it would be for a buy to play or sub based game. The "money" they were making off of those players that leave could have been nothing at all. Chances are if they straight up quit it really was nothing. Money spent on a game is a good motivator to keep playing. Less money spent, more likely to jump ship.

15+ Year Old Account
    Put this in the thread about the issue in the VG General Discussion forum but I figured I'd also put it here: RiotMagus' post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    These players are paid for streaming LoL games. Imagine that you are employer, you pay your worker money for doing job, but while doing job, they tend to do job from another employer. Remember, that they are getting paid for playing LoL, they have contract with riot and they have to stream LoL, they just can't spend their time (for which they are paid for) to stream other games, because riots don't want to pay their money to players for them playing games from another companies.

For example, if you are working as test engineer, you start testing, for example, pressure sensor on radio frequency interference, it will take 5 minutes to build scheme and connect sensor, and test will go around 3 minutes while you do, well, nothing. You can do your other job, but you are not allowed to do job from another employer
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-12-05 at 01:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not paid to stream. They are paid for the LCS and they choose to stream in their free time because it is profitable.

Riot is saying that they cant stream the other games or they risk being disqualified in the LCS. Also they're aiming at Featured Streamers too by saying they will remove them from the featured list. I don't know where you heard they were paid by Riot to stream, but that is not the case.
    well then i wrote total bullshit, why in the hell they are not paid for streams? But still, this shit is not worth Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies and these players still can stream single-player games OR AM I WRONG AGAIN?!
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-12-05 at 01:11 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Places like Twitchtv already pays them an amount of money depending on how many viewers they have watching ads and people who subscribe to their channel. So I guess places like Twitchtv would be considered their employer for their streams.

Wonder how Twitch and Azubu feel about this considering the changes could hurt viewer count when people aren't in games, which is when ads are shown. Long queue times with nothing going on? Yeah that will get people to migrate to another stream that is currently in a game.
    personally if i see streamer playing something other than X game i watch stream of, i yell at monitor and close the fucking stream because it is disrespectful to viewers to play freaking hearthstone when you say that you play WoW or LoL or Dota. And mainly, that's why i don't watch these stream anymore, better watch SC2 or WoT streams because first game has no time for player to play other games "inbetween", and second game because it has shitton of players and q times are very short

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    personally if i see streamer playing something other than X game i watch stream of, i yell at monitor and close the fucking stream because it is disrespectful to viewers to play freaking hearthstone when you say that you play WoW or LoL or Dota. And mainly, that's why i don't watch these stream anymore, better watch SC2 or WoT streams because first game has no time for player to play other games "inbetween", and second game because it has shitton of players and q times are very short
    Then it's up to Riot to fix queue times at the higher levels of play to make sure that doesn't happen in the first place. Having to wait 30-50 minutes everytime...
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    It would make for a cheap IP dump for players loaded with that. But then at that point, those players probably already bought all the skins they wanted with RP.

Riot posted more information about the upcoming 1v1 and 2v2 game mode. It appears to be exactly like the 1v1 and 2v2 formats at All-Stars, with Blind Pick with bans, the victory conditions (either who gets to 100 CS first, who gets First Blood, or who destroys the opponent's tower first), and it will be played on Howling Abyss.

A lot of people have hinted that Caitlyn may be a must-pick on this game mode, but are there any other champion picks that come to mind? I would assume that early-game lane bullies (i.e. Renekton, maybe Teemo) may be popular, and the super-late game champions (i.e. Tristana or Kog'Maw) will mightily struggle.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-12-05 at 07:00 AM.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Nunu and Cait comes to mind

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people have hinted that Caitlyn may be a must-pick on this game mode, but are there any other champion picks that come to mind? I would assume that early-game lane bullies (i.e. Renekton, maybe Teemo) may be popular, and the super-late game champions (i.e. Tristana or Kog'Maw) will mightily struggle.
    Minor correction. Tristana may be a late game champion, but her early game burst is pretty damn scary.

would be intersting with alistar denying enemy cs with his headbutt lol XD
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    would be intersting with alistar denying enemy cs with his headbutt lol XD
    Haha! Wasting a 14 second CD and 1/5 mana to deny one enemy creep and expose your positioning, such a great way to win games

10+ Year Old Account
    1v1 and 2v2 are now on PBE for testing. The loading screen looks very cool too, note the new Summoner Spell Icons.

Other details about the game mode:
    -You start at level 1 with 475 gold.
    -Unlike ARAM, you can recall whenever you want, putting it in like with the All-Stars format.
    -Health relics are unavailable on this game mode.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Then it's up to Riot to fix queue times at the higher levels of play to make sure that doesn't happen in the first place. Having to wait 30-50 minutes everytime...
    What do you do if there aren't enough people queueing to create an even close to fair game? Just start a shitty game that will be a 20-minute surrender? You can't just fix everything with better algorithms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    What do you do if there aren't enough people queueing to create an even close to fair game? Just start a shitty game that will be a 20-minute surrender? You can't just fix everything with better algorithms.
    Good point. Or they can do as all modern countries do with education, lower the bar.