Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just for the record, the tooltip doesn't specifically say it doesn't damage the target.

Obviously it's not going to damage friendly targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Tank doesn't always win. It's a balance between potentially switching mind sear target if your current target dies and putting it on a moving tank who is not always in the perfect position for aoe (not hitting all targets at once).
    If you are targeting the tank that is tanking the adds (things where we would use MS are nearly always adds) why would targeting the tank be a problem? If he moves around to grab other adds your spell follows him and so do the other adds.... It actually has a pretty large area of effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Just for the record, the tooltip doesn't specifically say it doesn't damage the target.

Obviously it's not going to damage friendly targets.
    It used to not damage the target. They ninja changed it though which has lead to some confusion And like I said in another thread, don't believe tooltips they are there to mislead you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    It used to not damage the target. They ninja changed it though which has lead to some confusion And like I said in another thread, don't believe tooltips they are there to mislead you
    I understand that; I'm just saying, it doesn't say in the tooltip that it damages everything BUT the target - and it never did.

I am pretty sure at one point (back in the dark ages) it said something like it damages mobs around your target, which implied that your target didn't take damage. I am sure I have no screenie though (srsly who would randomly screenie their tooltips lol).

I just cast it on the tank. Generally he's far enough away from the cc'd target because other AoE would break it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    Wow didn't know this. No more targeting the tank to sear then!
    I'm pretty sure there would be a steady and endless stream of tears about priests griefing their own groups if Mind Sear damaged friendly targets

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    I'm pretty sure there would be a steady and endless stream of tears about priests griefing their own groups if Mind Sear damaged friendly targets
    Lol I never thought that, but thanks for thinking I'm an idiot. The reason I personally always targeted the tank (once they made it possible to do so) is so I'm damaging 100% of the adds, and not 100% minus one add.

Kelesti: not sure tank always wins. It's nice to have an add targeted so you can fire off a MB to keep your ES up or a SW:P so you can get an orb for your MB for your ES which does affect Mind Sear. I can't put any of that crap on the tank, and therefore have to switch to an add. (I've got H:Maloriak in mind here).
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Hang on, Mind sear is an AoE. Why would you have a mob CC'd among an AoE pack? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    I know I'd totally use it for killing PuG members who enter the instance and instantly go AFK, if it did...
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    Hang on, Mind sear is an AoE. Why would you have a mob CC'd among an AoE pack? O.o
    Because occasionally due to a room or set-up or whatever a cc mob would be close to the packs and the only way you could aoe was to target the cc'ed mob. Now that isn't an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Because occasionally due to a room or set-up or whatever a cc mob would be close to the packs and the only way you could aoe was to target the cc'ed mob. Now that isn't an option.
    But surely if you're AoEing, then other people are aswell, thus breaking the CC?

Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    But surely if you're AoEing, then other people are aswell, thus breaking the CC?
    Umm... hopefully you are playing with people who wouldn't just do that... but yea it is a risk with some people.

MS Tooltip needs an improvement.
    Just noticed today killing lvl 20 mobs, I'm late same as you.