Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    YAY they just changes the whole thing and points are almost back to normal.

Todays Patch Notes. I had to delete the crossed out portions because the forums isn't registering the lines.

• The minimum cap on Conquest Points earned per week from Arenas is now 1350 at 1500 or less Arena rating. The maximum cap is now 3000 at 3000 or more Arena rating. The cap continues to scale non-linearly between those two points. For comparison, during season 9 the cap ranged between 1343 and 3000.
    • The game now separately tracks different Conquest Point caps for Battlegrounds and Arenas. Battleground ratings receive a bonus of 22.2% to the cap they generate, meaning the cap from Battleground rating now ranges between 1650 and 3300. Players may earn a total number of Conquest Points per week equal to the higher of these two caps, but once players have reached the cap for either Arenas or Battlegrounds, they can no longer earn Conquest Points from that source. Conquest Points from Battleground holidays only count toward the total Conquest Point cap.
      • Example: During the first week of Season 10 everyone starts with a rating below 1500. Therefore, the cap from Rated Battlegrounds will be 1650 and the cap from Arena rating will be 1350. In the first week, the character wins enough Arena matches to reach the 1350 point cap. After that point, Arena wins will no longer grant Conquest points for the week. However, the character can still earn up to 300 additional points, but can only earn those points from either Rated Battlegrounds, or from the Conquest Point bonus for holiday and/or daily random Battlegrounds. The following week the cap will be recalculated based on the character's ratings, and it is possible Arena rating could now generate the higher cap. The second week, the character's cap from Arena rating is 1800(pts i think they mean here), and the cap from Rated Battlegrounds is 1650. The character has a total cap of 1800 Conquest points for the week. Up to 1650 points can be earned from Rated Battlegrounds, but the last 150 must come from a different source.
    It appears that the only time you must get points from both sources is when 1 is higher but you participate in the lower rating environment. I.e. 2k arena rating give 2300 pts and you have a 1500 RBG rating. You can only get 1650 from RBG and the rest has to come from arena. This is to prevent people that can't break 1500 in arena from doing 1 RBG a week and collecting more pts from having and "active" rbg rating. Really this seems to only effect the first week for any decent PvPer. I'm figuring many of us will be back at 2.5k pts the 2nd week. This is one of the few times I've seen Blizzard back down to community pressure this much. I've seen them compromise but this is basically a reversal and only gives RBGers a slight buff in pts per rating and nothing else.

I love how hard it is for people to interpret the blue posts on this issue.

People will still complain, because you can have a higher total Conq cap if you have enough RBG rating.

But I don't see why people who don't choose to do all forms of high level PVP should get 100% of the Conq points as easily as they have. It isn't that difficult to organize, and if you can't manage that aspect of the game, then you shouldn't be as well rewarded as those that do. RBGs are CRAZY fun, more fun than arena....most of the people whining and bleating have never given them an honest shot.

You don't just have to do them to fully cap. You have to play them to get high rating to get a high cap since the system is so fucked up so that 2k rated arena players easily get 2,4k RBG rating...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    i've seen t2 people back peddle. you never know..............
    Obvious RBG player is obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm closing the thread to prevent confusion.

As of the new patch notes today, they've pretty much reverted the change. Arena now has a range of 1300-3000 for cap and rBG is just 22% higher, ending at 3300 for a 3k rating.

Nice to see them not be too silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Patch 4.2 PTR Notes - 06/16 Update

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Death Knight (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • The talent Killing Machine can now properly be triggered from off-hand attacks as well as main-hand attacks.
    Shaman (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Unleash Wind now deals 175% weapon damage, up from 125%.
    Enhancement
    • Stormstrike now deals 225% weapon damage, up from 125%.
    Currency
    Conquest & Honor Points
    • The minimum cap on Conquest Points earned per week from Arenas is now 1500 1350 at 1500 or less Battleground Arena rating. The maximum cap remains 2700 is now 3000 at 3000 or more Battleground Arena rating. The cap continues to scale non-linearly between those two points. For comparison, during season 9 the cap ranged between 1343 and 3000.
    • The game now separately tracks different Conquest Point caps for Battlegrounds and Arenas. The cap for Arena rating will always be 2/3 of the cap for Rated Battleground rating at any given Arena rating. Battleground ratings receive a bonus of 22.2% to the cap they generate, meaning the cap from Battleground rating now ranges between 1650 and 3300. Players may earn a total number of Conquest Points per week equal to the higher of these two caps, but once players have reached the cap for either Arenas or Battlegrounds, they can no longer earn Conquest Points from that source. Conquest Points from Battleground holidays only count toward the total Conquest Point cap.
      • Example: During the first week of Season 10 everyone starts with a rating below 1500. Therefore, the cap from Rated Battlegrounds will be 1500 1650 and the cap from Arena rating will be 1000 1350. In the first week, the character wins enough Arena matches to reach the 1000 1350 point cap. After that point, Arena wins will no longer grant Conquest points for the week. However, the character can still earn up to 500 300 additional points, but can only earn those points from either Rated Battlegrounds, or from the Conquest Point bonus for holiday and/or daily random Battlegrounds. The following week the cap will be recalculated based on the character's ratings, and it is possible Arena rating could now generate the higher cap. The second week, the character's cap from Arena rating is 1600 1800, and the cap from Rated Battlegrounds is 1500 1650. The character has a total cap of 1600 1800 Conquest points for the week. Up to 1500 1650 points can be earned from Rated Battlegrounds, but the last 100 150 must come from a different source.
    PvP
    Arenas
    • The individual Matchmaking Rating column has been removed from the Arena scoreboard.

Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2011-06-17 at 01:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE