Poll: Are you bored of Wow?

Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you happy with cataclysm atm?

ARE YOU HAPPY WITH CATACLYSM?

what the title says, me personally i'm disapointed with it i thought it would go back to wow's original roots but it has been a big let-down for me due to the fact all there is to do is raid pvp and proffs and repeat all the same stuff on alts i thought cataclysm would have given me more but for now i stopped playing in the recent weeks. I remember watching blizzcon and they said cata would have more content and faster release of content so far it's all a lie ulduar came out 5months into wotlk withh 14 bosses i believe, firelands is the equivalent of ulduar so far it's been 7months since release of cata it will most likely almost be 8 months by the time it comes out and firelands only has half the amount of bosses ulduar did, this is not a QQ page or anything i'm just wanting your opinion on cataclysm if u like/hate it and reason why?.
    Last edited by Lucarocks92; 2011-07-10 at 05:27 PM.

Yes, i am happy. They could fix rogue target-switching but in the end i like the game.

Maybe it's just because i like to play it with good people instead of bashing my head on CONTENTCONTENTCONTENT.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

yes im happy it stills beats rift for me atleast.

i know thats not important but its the closest you get to a wow "killer" atm.

oh and yes i have played rift else i would not be able to say which of them beats what for me.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2011-06-09 at 06:32 PM. Reason: need more dakka!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh not really, but I've played for a very long time so that can contribute with it with me not liking it

It's the same game with tweaks, it's the same stuff you do every god dam expansion
    Replace gear
    Crush the next content
    Replace Gear
    Repeat
    Repeat

Same with pvp you get the point
    The same old engine for so long

In conclusion, I'm burned out and likely would like Cataclysm if I didn't raid a lot or experience every other previous expansions

I'm happy with cata, I'm bored with wow overall since been playing it for like 4-5 years but it will do me until another decent mmo is released.

Not to me. They can't balance anything, or they cater towards a certain group. Would've really liked to see Cata be something like TBC was, but didn't recognize it at all. Finally quit, but that's just me.

And all Honesty, it's a complete remake of everything they've done. Reused everything, that's not fun to me, and not worth staying for.

Deleted
    Cataclysm sucks donkey balls

4 84's
    12/12 Normal 25m
    5/12 Herioc 25m

The game has given me ample enjoyment lately to keep a subscription, but it is becoming stale. However, I'm hoping that Firelands will bring it back to its former glory, I'm just worried we will steamroll 7/7 to easily.

Im just looking forward to the next expansion, which people speculate an announcement for this blizzcon. I'm praying they learn from Cataclysm and hopefully bring back the good o days. If thats possible.

Deleted
    Not really. Not that there is anything wrong with cataclysm, I guess I was just very bored with the game to begin with, and hoped for a change or something. It's just the same old, same old.

I guess they are just going by the, if it ain't broken, don't fix it rule. Just gets damn boring after so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Im just looking forward to the next expansion, which people speculate an announcement for this blizzcon. I'm praying they learn from Cataclysm and hopefully bring back the good o days. If thats possible.
    Don't think it's possible, I think Blizzard is more concerned about recruiting the majority of players (Basic Casual), than actually making a glorious game like the old days. But money is money, I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing if I was Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios View Post
    glorious game like the old days.
    Nice Rose Colored Goggles you have there, sir.

Not that I am happy or unhappy with it. Currently everything is pretty average in terms of gameplay, but I am still enjoying the game. *Sits patiently for 4.2 so I have something to do OH GOD HURRY UP ALREADY*

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    for me cata sucks bad aswell, same old crap griding, same broken pvp, not enough content, ppl will say loads to do but they isnt at all, no where near as much to do as they was in tbc/wolk i wanna see loads more loot, lots more raids at 1nce not just some dailys so we have to grind more shit rep on every char and 1 raid for major patch is fail imo, sure we had 2 "old" instances back but that aint new content, BLIZZARD ITS OLD ^$^* we want new things to see and do and get and lots of it not go over and over old content with old ways of doing it. not surprised a lot of my friends have quit and 1,000s more.
    Last edited by mmoce85cdeb601; 2011-06-08 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is stale for me at the moment as well.

A lot of guildies quit this expansion, setting out progression back. So we're currently still working on Heroic Cho on the weekends, but nothing special otherwise. I really just log in to help stock the bank with herbs and buff food. Oh and check auctions. Can't forget auctions.

I'm just not having the fun I used to, it's for multiple reasons, but nonetheless..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    I'm happy with cata, I'm bored with wow overall since been playing it for like 4-5 years but it will do me until another decent mmo is released.
    SWTOR. Have you seen the E3 footage? XD

I kid. I would love to try it out, but I still play WoW and I don't have time for another MMO. I'm not disappointed in Cata and I'm sure looking forward to 4.2. Part of the reason I'm not sick of or disillusioned with it is because I am still slowly making my way through the content and enjoying playing alts here and there. Casual play can be frustrating from a no-time-to-complete-instances (let alone raid) point of view, but I am still enjoying various aspects of the content that I do manage to burrow into.
    For the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    yes im happy it stills beats rift for me atleast.

i know thats not important but its the closest you get to a wow "killer" atm.
    It is important...

Just so you know, the question "are you happy with Cataclysm" is somewhat irrelevant. The real question is "are you happier with Cataclysm than anything else you could be doing during that time?" A lot of people don't even give other games a chance(multiplayer, MMO, or not).

A lot of my friends that have quit or drastically cut back on their play time have now been enjoying other games and are getting really excited with all the stuff coming out of E3. One of my best IRL friends said "dude, as soon as you quit WoW, you'll see how many fantastic games have come out over the years that we just missed."

Personally, I played Mass Effect and am starting on Mass Effect 2. Both seem absolutely awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    what the title says, me personally i'm disapointed with it i thought it would go back to wow's original roots but it has been a big let-down for me due to the fact all there is to do is raid pvp and proffs and repeat all the same stuff on alts i thought cataclysm would have given me more but for now i stopped playing in the recent weeks. I remember watching blizzcon and they said cata would have more content and faster release of content so far it's all a lie ulduar came out 5months into wotlk withh 14 bosses i believe, firelands is the equivalent of ulduar so far it's been 7months since release of cata it will most likely almost be 8 months by the time it comes out and firelands only has half the amount of bosses ulduar did, this is not a QQ page or anything i'm just wanting your opinion on cataclysm if u like/hate it and reason why?.
    Yes it is qq.

Since the start of wow it was: raid, pvp and professions, rinse repeat on alts.
    And you do that with friends you make in a guild or have in real life. Maybe that's where you went wrong?

This is the first expansion where I feel I can roll alts... Working on my 3rd alt, after this mage I'll roll a priest and a lock...
    I'm liking it...

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to me. They can't balance anything, or they cater towards a certain group.
    Would've really liked to see Cata be something like TBC was, but didn't recognize it at all.

Ahhahahahahahahahahha.

WHAT?

You do realise in BC half the specs of classes werent even remotely viable to play?

Deleted
    Same story really. I was hoping for Vanilla / TBC 2.0 but instead it was WotLK 2.0 (with further homogenization and removal of unique class abilities and customization).

For some reason a lot of the great games make this mistake and try to oversimplify things in the expansions or sequels but instead end up destroying the franchise and making it boring and pointless.