Thread: Wow is...fine?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe WoW is dying but i'm growing increasingly bored of it.. But that's just me getting bored of the game after 4 strong years.

"You know your good when you feel the need to make fun of people in heroics, Tough guy."

Since World of Warcraft was released in 2004, its only commen sense that everthing the OP said is true.

It be foolish to say that there are less items, dungeons, bosses, quest, or anything period
    Last edited by Mike Ox Big; 2011-06-27 at 11:11 AM.

i've read your post in nagisa's (clannad) voice.
    can i hug u, op?

Deleted
    one of the best threads i've seen in ages. a good day to you too, sir.

There are more bosses than ever, and there are more dungeons than ever.
    I laughed at this. We have less content than ever. Firelands 6 bosses, Ulduar 13 bosses? TBC had twice as many dungeons and raids. World pvp is dead. Everything is boring now. I got bored of cata after 2 months.

And quite simple wow has lost its magic. people only care about getting loot now.

i agree with everything other then the PvE content nerfs.. If people can't even do the normal raid versions, then they need to step up their game, its not that difficult.
    And later they will just QQ about firelands because it will be a HUGE gap from the older raids just because they have been nerfed.

not everything should be catered to the dumb or unwilling, learning is also a process of an RPG.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

15+ Year Old Account
    For me Wow is fine, i always used to QQ about alot of changes etc.

But since i play casual (3-4 hours a day, pug raiding etc), i dont rly care that much anymore, the game is still playable and fun.

Now after a long break from wow i have started again, and i notice that the "boring parts" are actualy enjoying again (playing since nov 05).

For everyone that never took a break, playing a long time, and think things are bored, i recommend a break of +6 months
    Last edited by Azerox; 2011-06-27 at 11:26 AM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted
    Yay positive post. Funny how one post can out shine 1000s of QQ post. Job well done my friend

I dont agree with you.
    Wow is dying.Many people have quit and many guilds got disbanded in this expansion.
    Anyone remember that good feeling while questing in Nagrand? I didnt have it in last two expansions.Many say instances were hard, arent we playing this game for challenge?
    Some items were silly but it was epic when you get your bis loot.
    No, we dont have more bosses in Cata.
    No, the lore isnt better.
    And many people who agree with op; did you really play TBC?

the problem with wow currently is that if youre like me and dont care about achievements or find daily quests to be killing the fun, they youre shit out of luck and yes, im currently leveling my 13th alt...

as someone mentioned earlier... wow is simple just mediocre now. personally i would love it if they cut the daily quest crap and just made farmable factions like Cenarion Circle, Timbermaw ect. nothing is worse than being paced involuntarily.

Daily quests killed ganking, it killed world pvp and it killed the fun of grinding. (obviously i know it was meant to fix botting to some extend, but they just advanced to resource gathering).

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it can't be that the game is bad. You're just craaaaazzzyyyyy.

This thread has been done so many times, nobody cares that you think the game is perfectly fine despite so many people hating it now. Stop it.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw the best quote, made in the simplest way about the nerf/buff curve, made by a dwarf priest, "If they make the content too simple, casuals will never learn. If the make it too hard, they will fail and be left out."

Their is no way to win for any MMO with so many people playing at the same time. Either you suck balls with 50K-1000K subscribers or you cater to the Mobile/Console/Facebook gamers to draw new players in and have somthing to keep them around long enough to see if they can actually fit in to raids or end game PvP.

WoW is far from fine but the genre itself is in retard mode atm.

WoW is ok, it isn't as good as it used to be, but it isn't in danger of becoming immediately obsolete either.

Please be advised these are my opinions and are not conclusive one way or another.

My main problem with WoW at the moment is the speed of content patches. This has little to do with the game itself, but the budget and service being provided by Blizzard. 6 Months for a major content patch and it involves 1 raid and some dailies? For a subscription based game, this is pretty poor and I don't think there are many people that would contradict that.

There is also less for people to do outside of raids. Rep grinds are obsolete thanks to tabards (if you're interested in such things), and pugging (except on alts) is also obsolete as it means locking yourself to an instance you were likely to do with the guild. This has pros and cons either way of course, but it has restricted what you're able to do in the game outside of raiding time. Which is an issue when considering my statement above when 1 raid has been dropped and the other is relatively short.

As it turns out, unless Fireland is phenomenal I'll be cancelling my subscription. Not because WoW is a bad game, because it really isn't. But I just don't feel the support and new content being provided by Blizz is worth the subscription fee.
    Last edited by Kendrel; 2011-06-27 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    I laughed at this. We have less content than ever. Firelands 6 bosses, Ulduar 13 bosses? TBC had twice as many dungeons and raids. World pvp is dead. Everything is boring now. I got bored of cata after 2 months.

And quite simple wow has lost its magic. people only care about getting loot now.
    Narrow minded people like are what will ultimately (if ever) kill wow. You only look at end game content, you only stay inside the box, you aren't creative enough. There is plenty of fun to be had going back to previous content dungeons either at a higher level or at the appropriate level for that content. Many people still run (and surprisingly somehow often fail at) ICC and RS, etc.
    Last edited by Sinshroud; 2011-06-27 at 11:41 AM.

Moderator and contributor for The Consortium, a legitimate gold making discussion community that is also the home base for the TradeSkillMaster addon, and The Undermine Journal and WoWuction Web Applications.

Wow isn't dieing. I don't know but there are more people playing this game than any other game. Also there is still about 11 million people playing this game. Which is as much as a small country. I like the game and I will play it till I don't want to play it anymore, then I take a break and play again.

Deleted
    I don't think that WoW is dying.

I don't think that Blizzard has failed on a specific matter.

I don't think that Blizzard favors either hardcore or casual players.

Yeah, I'd say this game is just right for me right now.

And no, I'm not a Wrath/Cata baby, I've been playing since early vanilla. I just never really got into it until Wotlk, only played a few months every stint.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Waiting until the end of the year to make that call (if WoW is indeed on it's way out).

Otherwise, highly opinionated OP, stating said opinions as fact.
    Much of what the OP wrote is fact. The only opinion is at the bottom of his post.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest most people that don't like WoW (but still play it) would like it alot more if they just took a break from it. I mean no game out there gets better the more you play it, it's usually the other way around. Or more like a curve that goes way up then when it reach the peak it will go way down. So basicly you wanna take a break somewhere on the down curve and then if the break was long enough (depending on the person) the curve will start going up when you start playing again.

I have played WoW since pre-vanilla (Beta) and I can say that the game is the same as it was back then. You group up with players and kill bosses (PvE) or you group up with players and kill other players (PvP) I would actually say that if you aren't doing those two things in anyway then if you think the game is boring you don't really have a say in it! If you don't do them but you are having fun, then good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    But that is the Problem, WoW is fine, just..fine, not bad, not good, not terrible, not great, just fine, Mediocrity isn't something business' should strive for.

But it seems to be the Norm at the current moment within WoW, and currently i tend to be having more times going, "wow this is shit" or "wow that was boring" other than times going "Wow that was fun and exciting and cool"

you can say it is nostalgia all you want, but i CAN actually remember thinking "WOW THIS IS COOL!" when i was playing through vanilla and BC, but it has just kind of slid off and hit a Plateau of "JUST FINE"
    STOP THE PRESS! Somebody found the game more interesting when they hadn't already been playing for 5+ years! OH MY GOD! HOW COULD THAT HAPPEN!?

The OP is 100% correct when it comes to you. Your nostalgia is the problem.

---------- Post added 2011-06-27 at 05:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Oh good old "nostalgia" card. Seems to be used a lot by people who never had pleasure of playing in Vanilla or TBC, if they did they wouldn't be posting so much crap on forums as OP did. Only good thing about current WoW is raiding and friends I've got. Everything else is boring and too easy. Completly nothing to do outside of raids as nothing has purpose anymore. Everything is so dumbed and casual friendly there is no point doing anything other than said raids.
    No, Vanilla was horrible. It was shiny and new, and those are the only things that should be missed about it. Remember raiding without raid frames? I certainly do. Remember having no add-ons? Yeah, that sucked too.

Go play a different game if you're so disenchanted, but don't run around acting like this game is dead just because you've played it for too long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    Many people have quit and many guilds got disbanded in this expansion.
    This has never happened before. NEVER.