Thread: :( trinket

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Defo View Post
    Hello,I've got too Apparatus, and I take it with my H:HoR.I take Dps, the burst is very good ! The Full Mastery with AW / Zealotry and more ! With full CD is just Good LtS is not a very good choice for me, and i have never equip this Trinket in T11.. My choice But I think, Appartus + Vessel.. = Crit ( vessel ) --> Apparatus. So, faster proc 5 stacks. And BiS T12 trinket Ret pal.Sorry for my uggly english, i'm french, but i need to see the discussion on this topic.
    At this point its looking like vessel and upgraded rep trinket will be our bis. Although if you have gotten good with timing hor with cds its still very solid
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defo View Post
    Hello,

I've got too Apparatus, and I take it with my H:HoR.

I take Dps, the burst is very good ! The Full Mastery with AW / Zealotry and more ! With full CD is just Good

LtS is not a very good choice for me, and i have never equip this Trinket in T11.. My choice

But I think, Appartus + Vessel.. = Crit ( vessel ) --> Apparatus. So, faster proc 5 stacks. And BiS T12 trinket Ret pal.

Sorry for my uggly english, i'm french, but i need to see the discussion on this topic.
    You will have more crit than mastery in the end with more firelands gear.That means Apparatus is going to procc crit and not mastery though.

I'll join to the club of people in doubt, i was using standard LtS HC HoR combo, and i got Apparatus few minutes ago, i had rather cheap offer for 20 k, and i decided to go for it, but now i dont even know shoud i equip it or resell, considering for now it doesnt even look like upgrade, and even when we get crystallized firestone, it looks like it would be better to upgrade rep trinket with it, right?
    I just dont see reason to equip it atm with so good 4.1 trinkets, incoming rag trinket and good reputation trinket, if it is really giving average performance as people that tested it say.

Edit: And when ditching our 4.1 trinkets, which one shoud go first, hc HOR or LTS, did something change in 4.2 in their evaluation?

Deleted
    One of the better trinks out there, i don't have mine yet, but according to ppl at wowhead it gives 508 secondary stats per application not 308(probly tooltip is wrong)

so 2540 mastery for my retri pala sounds crazy.

Deleted
    Yes, i have 15% critique in Raid10. So 25% on TV and CS.

The stacks of Apparatus ground Up fast, and with full stuff Firelands Crit, if you keep mastery > crit, I think it's THE trinket. For me, it's the BiS Ret paladin trinket, and coupled with Vessel, it's the duo of Trinket the most powerfull !

And, 2k5 mastery.. For the Ret pal one word : O M G

I don't know if my english it's good, but I try to explain my choice :P

Quote Originally Posted by z3rK View Post
    One of the better trinks out there, i don't have mine yet, but according to ppl at wowhead it gives 508 secondary stats per application not 308(probly tooltip is wrong)

so 2540 mastery for my retri pala sounds crazy.
    Yea, it's a tooltip error.

Some trinkets received in Firelands (Apparatus of Khaz'goroth, Necromantic Focus, Vessel of Acceleration, and Matrix Restabilizer) are displaying incorrect stat values in their buff and item tooltips, the values applied are correct.
    Source
    Kaizen of Mannoroth <Reckoning>
    US 11 H 16/16 - Tier 14
    US 9 H 13/13 - Tier 15
    US 8 H 14/14 - Tier 16

Distance hearts, when rejoined as one... May find the light within.

Deleted
    One question, I have License to Slay and Darkmoon Card: Hurricane, what one should I exchange for the Apparatus?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    One question, I have License to Slay and Darkmoon Card: Hurricane, what one should I exchange for the Apparatus?
    Get rid of Hurricane.

Deleted
    As I thought, thx!

What I love about the apparatus is the 2 minute cd, which lines in perfectly with the 2min cd of wings and zeal, I would still make sure to have an on-hit proc trinket with 45s internal cd to switch to on trash or dungeons.

Also, if Apparatus was truly and utterly limping behind the other non heroic str trinkets of 4.2 (which it arguably isn't at 2.5k stat proc, except maybe having a too low uptime), then expect buff incoming the same way Fury of Angerforge was buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    What I love about the apparatus is the 2 minute cd, which lines in perfectly with the 2min cd of wings and zeal, I would still make sure to have an on-hit proc trinket with 45s internal cd to switch to on trash or dungeons.

Also, if Apparatus was truly and utterly limping behind the other non heroic str trinkets of 4.2 (which it arguably isn't at 2.5k stat proc, except maybe having a too low uptime), then expect buff incoming the same way Fury of Angerforge was buffed.
    -_-

ITS NOT 2.5K its a tooltip error
    ---___---

it actually is decent for say fury warriors with high crit. The problem we have is we have low-ish crit comparatively and it doesnt proc off of spells, only physical crits
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Hmm? We tested it with the ret paladin in my guild, and he is gaining 2.5k mastery, not 1.5k~ Unless that is a tooltip error also!

i did get the Apparatus also, and yes its 2.5kmastery, i had a 73.5% hand of light tooltip with it which makes me happy when AW and cooldowns runnin But yeah beginning to get actual stacks is rough, slightly better to get in raid tho vs alone. I run Apparatus and H HoR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kovtheinsane View Post
    i did get the Apparatus also, and yes its 2.5kmastery, i had a 73.5% hand of light tooltip with it which makes me happy when AW and cooldowns runnin But yeah beginning to get actual stacks is rough, slightly better to get in raid tho vs alone. I run Apparatus and H HoR.
    It's been stated like 50 times, The tooltip and your character panel stat you are getting more than you really are the actual value of stats you get are lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I've yet to test this out, but my thinking is that during fights where you do not pop GoA at the start, you wait till you have 5 stacks and then you have your trinket and CDs on the same time. During a fight like Bael'roc where we lust first (and therefore I pop GoA and CDs at the start) it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I noticed during wings/zeal i crit pretty well. So sometime around when your CDs are falling off, Apparatus should have 5 stacks, and you basically extra time of increased dps. Cant be positive but I'll be testing this out sunday =)

Depends, it will always be a loss if you happen to use 1 less AW/Zeal combo than you could have because you waited on Apparatus.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I've yet to test this out, but my thinking is that during fights where you do not pop GoA at the start, you wait till you have 5 stacks and then you have your trinket and CDs on the same time. During a fight like Bael'roc where we lust first (and therefore I pop GoA and CDs at the start) it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I noticed during wings/zeal i crit pretty well. So sometime around when your CDs are falling off, Apparatus should have 5 stacks, and you basically extra time of increased dps. Cant be positive but I'll be testing this out sunday =)
    Never good to hold your CDs off for too long.

Firstly, if you're serious about DPS you should be pre-potting. Your landslide + other passive procs will proc as soon as the fight starts and you should pop your CDs so that they stack with your passive procs and your prepot. It is too much of a dps loss to wait for apparatus which most likely will happen after your passive procs and after your prepot.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    -_-

ITS NOT 2.5K its a tooltip error
    ---___---

it actually is decent for say fury warriors with high crit. The problem we have is we have low-ish crit comparatively and it doesnt proc off of spells, only physical crits
    To this, you do realize that above posters have confirmed the actual gain in your character pane IS 2.5k, and not the incorrect 1.5k the tooltip of the item's on-use provides, right?

Even Wowhead says it's 306 rating per stack, which would make it a 1530 rating 5-stack bonus, which is sub-par to any other on-use trinket of this tier, and likely many from before it too.

Blizzard stated that the tooltip is incorrect, and is applying the correct 500ish value per stack.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    To this, you do realize that above posters have confirmed the actual gain in your character pane IS 2.5k, and not the incorrect 1.5k the tooltip of the item's on-use provides, right?Even Wowhead says it's 306 rating per stack, which would make it a 1530 rating 5-stack bonus, which is sub-par to any other on-use trinket of this tier, and likely many from before it too.Blizzard stated that the tooltip is incorrect, and is applying the correct 500ish value per stack.
    All I can say is/facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that 1k+ dps is a good thing