Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's my spirit cloth and i want it now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvissa View Post
    I don't mind having to buy/craft things like bracers/boots/etc

I do mind the fact that we don't have alternatives to tier pieces like other spirit using classes. It means we basically don't have a choice in how we gear unless we want to abandon spirit and that plain sucks.
    Yeah, I guess this is more to the point... for example, Tier 12 head... only option 'cept for random stat head. lol. Shoulders/Chest/Legs, tier is only one with spirit on it... and uh... gloves, can make a crafted one that has spirit but it can't be upgraded to HC. ;p Hence, we need to max VP each week and are forced to spend it on tier until 4/5. lol...

Quote Originally Posted by SensCens View Post
    Hence, we need to max VP each week and are forced to spend it on tier until 4/5. lol...
    Except two of the tier pieces are still bought with tokens that drop off of bosses, so really you only need to buy two pieces with valor.. and then two of the pieces will also drop from the boss on BH. So you aren't really forced to spend valor on 4/5 tier pieces at all, you might make the choice to buy 3/5 but no one is forcing you to do that either.

Also, none of the trinkets are regen except for the flat spirit trinket with on use int. I don't really like flat spirit trinkets.

Between Crafted gear, rep, valor points and tier set I can put together a mean spirit set. The only piece missing spirit is the belt (haste/mastery is still yum yum)

Stop your QQ. I'd rather rely on factors I can control (valor) than those I can't (raid drops). Honestly the amount of whining over ANYTHING just gets old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Done with this piece of shit game, it has ruined my life in so many ways.

And I will correct it.

QQ fgts

Not really necessary was it? ~ Ultima
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-07-05 at 03:56 PM. Reason: User was infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Between Crafted gear, rep, valor points and tier set I can put together a mean spirit set. The only piece missing spirit is the belt (haste/mastery is still yum yum)

Stop your QQ. I'd rather rely on factors I can control (valor) than those I can't (raid drops). Honestly the amount of whining over ANYTHING just gets old.
    You are implying that the other healing classes can't ALSO get spirit gear from the valor vendor. The point is that we LITERALLY only have one option for each piece. We won't have any stat upgrade placeholders, meaning we will be far behind in gearing. Also, since they can get gear from both the valor vendor and the raid (imagine that), they will gear faster, especially if they get lucky in a raid (which we won't be able to). It is a legitimate concern, not QQ.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bypass View Post
    The way I see it, there is more spirit per piece of gear on the new items and in order to prevent healers just going regen crazy, they just decided to limit the number of pieces with spirit on it. Doesn't seem to unlikely to me, we've seen before how giving healers too much regen can cause issues later on in content.
    agree ...remember resto druids in BC ?
    i play a spriest and see no problem with the range of gear with spirit,for healing or as hit for my class.

That statement would only hold true if there was no spirit gear for other healing classes as well. Priests are the only healing class with NO spirit gear in the Firelands raid. It also happens that Spirit is literally a Holy Priests ONLY form of talented mana regen. If they wanted to limit a classes regen, they should have started with Druids.
    Last edited by Afflictid; 2011-07-05 at 11:57 PM.

I personally think the change was intentional based on the fact that very late in the last tier a lot of healers had enough spirit to start neglecting it for throughput stats. And with the spirit pieces we DO have there's so very much on it.

Think of spirit as something like a healer hit cap. Important to stay at cap, hard to maintain in the first tier but easier to hit the cap every tier so that you can focus on other stats.

If having to reforge 2-3 pieces for spirit is going to ruin your ability to effectively raid then please, by all means, leave. Come back when you learn to manage your mana.

The sky is not falling, it's an annoyance, but our tier is (imho) great because its 2 mastery 2 haste and only 1 crit piece.

I personally like having to use my regen cooldowns, I like watching my mana go up and down. Having infinite mana for the majority of the last expansion was NOT interesting gameplay.

---------- Post added 2011-07-05 at 06:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    It also happens that Spirit is literally a Holy Priests ONLY form of mana regen. If they wanted to limit a classes regen, they should have started with Druids.
    Shadowfiend and Hymn of Hope would like a word with you.

Also: Pretty sure druids get as much regen from Int as they do from Spirit at certain points because of the way innervate works (i.e. purely off their total mana)

Quote Originally Posted by jifjosh View Post
    If having to reforge 2-3 pieces for spirit is going to ruin your ability to effectively raid then please, by all means, leave. Come back when you learn to manage your mana.

The sky is not falling, it's an annoyance, but our tier is (imho) great because its 2 mastery 2 haste and only 1 crit piece.

I personally like having to use my regen cooldowns, I like watching my mana go up and down. Having infinite mana for the majority of the last expansion was NOT interesting gameplay.

---------- Post added 2011-07-05 at 06:14 PM ----------

Shadowfiend and Hymn of Hope would like a word with you.

Also: Pretty sure druids get as much regen from Int as they do from Spirit at certain points because of the way innervate works (i.e. purely off their total mana)
    Sorry I didn't specifically say talented regen. Everyone else gets some sort of flat % or flat mana gain from a talent on spell ticks or something like that. Holy Priests are strictly limited to spirit.

Also: Pretty sure you proved my point with the druid comment. They get three int scaling mana regen abilities: Innervate, Revitalize, and Hymn of Hope (because all healers will probably be hit with this spell). They also benefit from Spirit.

Holy Priest have two int scaling mana regen abilities: Shadowfiend and Hymn of Hope (which doesn't always hit yourself). Then they benefit 30% more from Spirit than other classes.

While Int AND Spirit is increasing for the other healing classes, Holy Priests are only gaining Int with gear upgrades, and will often LOSE Spirit (which is our talented mana regen).

Deleted
    Wryxian answered:

Though this response was posted on the US forums first, the information in that quoted blue post was not just intended for the US forums, as it was sent to us internally as a response to your queries in this thread and some others from other languages here on the EU forums.

Spirit gear is here, just not on the bosses.

Some of you appear to feel that our response misses the mark or doesn't answer what you're really asking.

But for the question as to why there's not much Spirit gear on the boss loot tables in Firelands, the simple answer is that we do not currently feel that having it in boss loot tables is as important as having it available through one or more of the other paths to obtain gear of a similar quality.

What we mean is, as long as the gear is available through faction quartermasters, via purchase with Valor points, through new Tailoring recipes and last but by no means least the Priest tier set, then it is OK for it to not also be in the boss loot tables.

You may very well disagree with that viewpoint, and if you do so we encourage you to let us know your thoughts on that and why you feel differently about it.

Yes, we believe other gear should be good too.

It's true, there was more in that post than just an explanation of the lack of Spirit gear in the boss loot tables. We also believe that other gear that may not have Spirit on it by default should also be interesting for healing priests.

We really don't want it to be all about stacking one stat, and this is not the first time we've made that ideal clear in our blog articles and blue posts.

We want you to look favourably at spell power, haste and crit and not just bliss out on the Spirit stat.

And in fact, if you really don't find this the case, then we'd like to know more about it. Because we believe that as long as you're not running out of mana, the other stats should be more appealing and that's what we want to achieve.

So... you're running out of mana?

If the main reason some of you feel it is bad to consider gear that doesn't feature Spirit by default is because it’d mean you'd run out of mana while in the Firelands raid, then that is indeed an issue and we'd like to hear more about that too if you do feel that way.

This might grate you to hear it though, but we want to ensure that before you start to state that kind of thing, that you've reviewed the spells you use and are certain that you're healing efficiently.

It’s only natural that in previous tier raid content, as your gear got more powerful, you may have stopped healing as efficiently as you did when first entering Cataclysm raids simply because you gradually gained more and more mana to work with.

It could conceivably be that this is a source of some mana issues – basically that the issue is that you may need a higher amount of Spirit than we feel you should do, because you need it to power a strong but ultimately not quite as efficient style of healing as that which we believe can or should be achieved.

There's some conjecture there, and you may disagree with that. Feel free to voice that disagreement.

Also, one may need to actually equip all the new gear available – including from factions, crafting and tier gear – before you can come to the conclusion that they're not providing you with enough of the stats you need to do your job well. Keeping in mind that as you gear up, so are the other members of your raid. They’ll become easier to heal as they gear up and also increase their own stats.

We’re definitely listening and we encourage you to give us your thoughts.
    My opinion is - this is just one big bag of bullshit. "We didn't put spirit clothies, because we can buahahaha."

Discuss

Blizzard really opened up a huge can of worms here.

As a priest I am very disappointed.

I feel sorry for the folks that have full time jobs and familes and can only log on during raiding times. They will be screwed since they cant farm heroics all day long, do dailies for gear etc etc..

While the other healer classes can just log in for a raid, grab all the spirit gear and log off with a big grin on their faces.

/sad gnome

Deleted
    It suck. End of Story. I wish I could just change my class to Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    Wryxian answered:

My opinion is - this is just one big bag of bullshit. "We didn't put spirit clothies, because we can buahahaha."

Discuss
    This whole post would make sense if the other classes didn't have valor spirit pieces AND raid spirit pieces.

Wryxian answered:

Discuss
    I can understand what they doing and why their doing it but the main point here is that now priest are going to bypass the raid drops and get crafted and valor gear/T gear, which I guess is what they want but really if they want anything they should give us options, right now it feels like we have no options but to go for the rep grind and valor grind and hope our Tokens drops.

Honestly I looked at all the cloth pieces that dropped and I think only maybe a handful of them I would take to reforge to Spirit, most of it I'm probably going to pass off to the Mage and Spriest in hopes that they'll feel sorry for me and give me Tier Tokens first :P

I'm quite disappointed that Blizzard went this route and excluded us priest from the loot tables in firelands, it makes me really just want to take my druid in there instead, but I won't, I hate that bastard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post

I made a little math, just because I'm tired of posts like that.

Full T11 epic normal mode +359 gear (crafts+rep+valors\jp) geared priest will have:
    ~2173 spirit on gear, unenchanted, unreforged, ungemmed (each of this things, we can do on all gear)

Full T12 epic normal mode +378 (384 from ragnaros) gear (crafts+rep) geared priest will have:
    ~2300 spirit as above

Full T11 epic heroic mode +372 (379 - sinestra) gear (crafts+rep+valors) geared priest will have:
    ~2443 spirit

Full T12 epic heroic mode +391 (397 - ragnaros) gear (there are on crafts, rep or valor gear here) geared priest will have:
    ~2046 spirit

Lacks about 500 spirit.

Full T12 epic heroic mode +391 (397 - ragnaros) gear (there are on crafts, rep or valor gear here) geared priest will have:
    ~2046 spirit

Lacks about 500 spirit.
    You can upgrade every piece of valor & rep gear with Firestones. You "use" the Firestone on the item instead of buying from vendor like the ranged items. So, you might want to redo your math :P
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    You can upgrade every piece of valor & rep gear with Firestones. You "use" the Firestone on the item instead of buying from vendor like the ranged items. So, you might want to redo your math :P
    Judging by some wowhead comments, this isn't really working. Wouldn't be the first time GMs had no idea what they were talking about.