Page 1 of 2
LastLast

More faction changing drama!

Claim that Envy faction changed to farm Normal modes last week:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amazing/simple

3 x Firelands clear. Could also be an armory mistake ....

On the server launch the first thing they did was to clear Firelands with their alts just for the rankings. Then they faction changed with those alts so they could farm reputation. They then went back with the same alts. The intention has never been to use those alts for the mainraid, but to have 2 active alt runs for the legendary after the heroic progress is done.

Hope this clear up the rumors.

Also, if people don't believe in it, they can check the which characters they used to kill and which transfered.
    Last edited by Emanuel095; 2011-07-06 at 02:30 PM.

Where is the line then?

I suppose in theory it's possible to have the legendary weapon already.

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

Quote Originally Posted by Emanuel095 View Post
    Copying what i wrote on the other thread:

On the server launch they first cleared Firelands with their alts for rankings, then they faction changed so they could farm rep on those ALTS, and then they went back with their ALTS. They are not going to use their alts for the mainraid. I see nothing wrong with it.

They have plan to have 2 active alt runs for the legendary after the progress is done.

If people don't believe in it, they can check the which characters they used to kill and which transfered.
    They're still fishing for BoE's with their alts to transfer to their mains, otherwise what's the point spending all that money just to save a week for rep farming on alts, when they're never going to use them?

It's still spending money to get an advantage in game. Chances are those alts will see main raids at some point.

Same exploitation as Stars imotbh :|

pokerface

This is kind of funny. I don't see how Blizz is going to put a stop to this, really. Hehe.

---------- Post added 2011-07-06 at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    It's still spending money to get an advantage in game. Chances are those alts will see main raids at some point.

Same exploitation as Stars imotbh :|

pokerface
    tbhimowtf?

However you want to look at it, ANYONE having three kills on any boss in firelands suggests something dodgy. Sorry but it is that simple.

Did the other guild get faction changed back to or did they have to pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by freelapdance View Post
    However you want to look at it, ANYONE having three kills on any boss in firelands suggests something dodgy. Sorry but it is that simple.
    Yes. While it might be dodgy, it's nothing wrong. It hasn't done any impact in the raiding scene at all. So why blame them?

Because no one should have been able to complete the instance more than once? When there have been oh so many posts about what STARS did ... there really is little difference between the two. They faction changed and got an ID reset. That ends the whole "you cant do that on EU realms" question.

Because no one should have been able to complete the instance more than once? When there have been oh so many posts about what STARS did ... there really is little difference between the two. They faction changed and got an ID reset. That ends the whole "you cant do that on EU realms" question.
    There is a difference. Stars started the heroic modes when they weren't supposed to be out. Envy did it to get more reputation from the bosses they already killed. The intention was completely different.
    Last edited by Emanuel095; 2011-07-06 at 02:42 PM.

But they are still doing things that technically shouldnt be possible. What if there is another situation like Nef heroic where a specific boss needs class stacking and they get in a couple of these super geared alts. Anyway everyone has their own opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are willing to pay the cash to do it then let them.

But they are still doing things that technically shouldnt be possible. What if there is another situation like Nef heroic where a specific boss needs class stacking and they get in a couple of these super geared alts. Anyway everyone has their own opinion.
    If there was a situation like Nefarian heroic, and they were to bring in their "super-geared" alts, which btw isn't better geared than anyone else since they only did normal modes, they would be in trouble. But the fact still remains that they haven't done anything that involves world first kills, or even heroic kills for that matter. All they want to get is some more staffs, which isn't a crime. You can't blame them for something that they haven't done, "yet".
    Last edited by Emanuel095; 2011-07-06 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    This is kind of funny. I don't see how Blizz is going to put a stop to this, really. Hehe.

---------- Post added 2011-07-06 at 02:34 PM ----------

tbhimowtf?
    why the would? good cash inc. :P

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why it matters. Who cares. You can do that too! Who is it hurting? Not me, not blizzard (they gettin paid), not children in Africa.. No clue who it's hurting, just you I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Merite View Post
    I don't see why it matters. Who cares. You can do that too! Who is it hurting? Not me, not blizzard (they gettin paid), not children in Africa.. No clue who it's hurting, just you I guess.
    Someone that understand, I guess =p

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't a question, people have reported still being able to do that on US/EU realms forever, Blizz claimed they fixed it but it never worked or it was somehow reverted not long after.

It doesn't look like any of the Envy characters with multiple normal mode kills were in on the heroic kills so I don't really think it matters.

You're getting your moral imperative all mixed up in my cash flow soup.

If you want to change this, post on official forums and ask Blizz to keep raid lockouts when someone faction changes. It's an oversight. It's creative use of Blizzard mechanics.

In a few weeks no-one will care, unless this type of crap starts happening with Heroic farming. That'd be dicey as all hell, granted.

Ok, fine, you're right, it's an outrage. They need to fix it before it gets someone 3 legendaries in a week.