Poll: Are you going to see the final harry potter flick?

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Well, we all knew this was going to be an epic finale but DAMN! Chills everwhere.

Edit: lolol I spelled Hallows wrong in the title, gg.

MOD WARNING. THIS IS THE NO SPOILERS DISCUSSION. DISCUSSING SPOILERS HERE MAY EARN YOU INFRACTIONS AND WILL BE REMOVED. REPORT ANY SPOILERS TO US.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-07-14 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god........EPIC!
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty badass. Can't wait!

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like alot isn't even in the books

10+ Year Old Account
    All I got to say is Neville better kill Nagini.......

Hoo boy. A little bit surreal, really.... I'm 24 now, I can't even remember how young I was when I read the first book.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Hoo boy. A little bit surreal, really.... I'm 24 now, I can't even remember how young I was when I read the first book.
    I was 30

I so want to watch this on opening night ><

Embedding has been disabled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDIT: In my rage i didnt see the "watch on youtube link, whoopsy"

Cant find the actual video. But is it me or at the end of that trailer, when Harry and Voldemort are fighting. That looks exactly like the simpsons spoof a few years ago, the one with Graystache.
    Last edited by pickley; 2011-04-28 at 12:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Urg... tbh I've totally lost faith in the HP movies... I love the books, still read the whole series at least once a year... but god the movies have been uniformly awful, I didn't even bother going to see DH Pt1 in the cinema, waited till it came out on BT vision and MAN am I glad, I felt bad having paid £4 to see that rubbish, if I'd paid full cinema prices... I really think I would have demanded my money back.. I'll probably go and see this one, just cause I've seen the other six in the cinema, would feel a BIT bad not going to see the finalé, but on the other hand.... myeh you just KNOW it's going to be terribad.

and yeah, Daniel Radcliffe still can't act his way out of a paper bag.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait,I love the HP series but,I generally dislike when a movie is glorified with CGI (see: Avatar). Best HP movies imo were Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets.
    Last edited by Lancer; 2011-04-28 at 01:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to say voldemort voice is perfect and fitting...I did not like the end seen when he and harry up.....the first part of 1 was almost perfect if they screw it up I am going to be so pissed.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Urg... tbh I've totally lost faith in the HP movies... I love the books, still read the whole series at least once a year... but god the movies have been uniformly awful, I didn't even bother going to see DH Pt1 in the cinema, waited till it came out on BT vision and MAN am I glad, I felt bad having paid £4 to see that rubbish, if I'd paid full cinema prices... I really think I would have demanded my money back.. I'll probably go and see this one, just cause I've seen the other six in the cinema, would feel a BIT bad not going to see the finalé, but on the other hand.... myeh you just KNOW it's going to be terribad.

and yeah, Daniel Radcliffe still can't act his way out of a paper bag.
    OT but does anyone actually demand money back for a movie ticket? That seems like a really tacky and cheap thing to do, either watch the movie or just leave, don't involve the money that you already paid.

10+ Year Old Account
    nah tbh I would NEVER do that, it was just my way of putting across what a MASSIVE letdown the movie was for me, I'd hoped that with them splitting it into two they wouldn't have to cut much out, sadly once again they cut out important story elements in favor of flash SFX and stupid scene that never happened. (all I'm gunna say... DANCING... that is all.)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    nah tbh I would NEVER do that, it was just my way of putting across what a MASSIVE letdown the movie was for me, I'd hoped that with them splitting it into two they wouldn't have to cut much out, sadly once again they cut out important story elements in favor of flash SFX and stupid scene that never happened. (all I'm gunna say... DANCING... that is all.)
    Harry and Hermione -did- have a dancing scene in the book.

Oh god, they're Real-D'ing it.

LE SIGH. Would it really kill these people to actually use 3-D cameras, or at least do us the common decency of showing it in 2-D?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Looks like alot isn't even in the books
    Word. Although it looks pretty spectacular ...

Did they put music from Mass Effect in a Harry Potter trailer?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    nnngh

It's so hard to believe that the last one is coming out already. It seems like only yesterday I was in elementary school, in the library, being briefed with my class about checking certain books out - among them the Harry Potter books - and I remember being intrigued by such huge books, and proceeding to check them out repeatedly and read and re-read them over and over, at an age where most kids had trouble reading books more than 20 pages in length. I remember I was 10 years old and up early on a Saturday morning in late June to get my copy of Order of the Phoenix, the first Harry Potter book I ever personally owned. I remember reading Half-Blood Prince in ten hours without a break longer than it took to get off the couch, go to the bathroom, and get back on the couch. The feeling of finality was surprisingly intense after finishing the 7th book for the first time. I never realized how much I really got out of those books until I finished that one and realized that was the last book in the series. No more.

It feels so weird, knowing this is the real end. It's hilarious, looking back at how both the books and the movies grew and developed and evolved in look and feel, from the hilariously awkwardly-written first book and poorly done effects in the first movie to the fantastic writing of the seventh book and the almost photorealistic effects of the seventh movie.. I'm excited for the eigth movie, the trailer looks fantastic so my hopes are high that it will be the epic end the series deserves. If Part 2 is good enough to break my heart, I will be able to completely forgive the past exclusions of major story details, poorly animated Quidditch games, and sticky (at best) acting from starring actors.

It may sound really weird, but I owe quite a bit to that series. I was an age in the single digits when I first read any of the books.. for some reason I do not think my own love for the fantasy genre and writing in general is unrelated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Did they put music from Mass Effect in a Harry Potter trailer?
    I think it sounds more like the song used in the Star Trek http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWkx9m3x-ak but, the songs in the Mass Effect Trailer and the Star Trek trailer were made from the same people, "Two Steps From Hell" ftw :3