Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonzi View Post
    Masturbate.
    However amusing you find this, it's been proven it makes you go to sleep faster.

Sometimes I'll fall asleep in 3 minutes after I go to bed. But sometimes I can't fall asleep for even 3 or 4 hours. Then I'll give up and get up, turn my computer on and play some soft music just as Bach, Chopin or Beethoven. Then choose a book which I've not finished, and make a cup of tee, then light up a cigarette. If after maximum 2 hours reading I still don't wanna sleep, I'll choose a game to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    However amusing you find this, it's been proven it makes you go to sleep faster.
    Maybe it should be a prescription treatment. Doctor, I don't sleep well at night. Can you send over a nurse..?

Deleted
    Some probably don't believe it but when I'm tired, I'll close my eyes and watch "the screensaver". I accidentally discovered it when I was up for 36 hours and had a fever so with closing my eyes and a little focus, I could see a very vivid dream of folding torus and balls and shapes rotating, taking formations etc. Only I was completely awake. They're always incredibly sharp and detailed too, not like when watching a screen.

Anyway, at first I was a bit scared but then I started to try if I could do it again and when I'm tired and relaxed and not thinking about any problems, it pretty much always works.

Drink a few glasses of wine.

Masturbating works as well, but not always in the mood

Quote Originally Posted by Selkinor View Post
    Only one person's said masturbate so far?
    I'm as suprised as you are, its pretty much standard.

Turn on the science or history channel, I usually fall asleep in minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonzi View Post
    Masturbate.
    pretty much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    I listen to the band called EDGUY, more specifically the song called Lavatory Love Machine. Don't ask me why but it usually puts me right out. That or I play Monopoly on my cell.

I love Edguy / Avantasia /highfive

Most of the time if i can't sleep i go and play Pokemon White online player battles, keeps me busy till i almost fall asleep xD

I'll call my friends
    And tell them it's time for peeing.
    then, play dota with them

what works for me is getting a history book and starting to read. Unless its pain that holds me awake that helps kinda instantly

10+ Year Old Account
    When I can't fall asleep, I stop not falling asleep and start being asleep instead.
    "When did you forsake yourselves?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I just lay in bed listening to the radio waiting for sleep to take hold of me.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soothetube.com Listening to people whisper, write, type, and just doing simple tasks relaxes me to the point that I can relax and gives me chills. It's called ASMR.

Also, whenever Ghost Hunters or Ghost Adventures is on it knocks me out.

Deleted
    Blackberry

I have a few glasses of wine before bed while watching tv. I always sleep through the night till its time to wake up.

Though if by chance I didnt have any wine I would read a book, if I watch tv I will stay awake.

15+ Year Old Account
    I usually turn around once or twice after which I fall asleep.
    If this doesn't help, I just send my mind on a wild "think of something good" trip.
    If thát doesn't help, I read a book, or browse mmo-champ.
    If I'm thinking screw it all, I'll get outta bed and play [random game] very [random amount of badness] till either a. I fall asleep or b. it's the next day.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Deleted
    I don't, because I never go to bed unless I'm tired enough to sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    i masturbate and if that doent work i masturbate again, it continues like that until i hurt so much in my arm i fall into a pain coma