Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Full Tower Vs. Mid Tower

I'm in a position to buy a new case and I dont really know if I should get a full or mid tower case. From what I understand, the full tower case would have better air flow. Also, if anyone has any recommendations I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm working with about 150 bucks.

Thanks!

Why, the Fractal Design Define (rev3), of course!

I see no reason for fulltower unless you want three-four graphic cards or supreme watercooling. You won't need the space.

Full Tower vs Mid Tower airflow can be essentially the same, only difference is extra space (more drive bays, more room for water cooling stuff, more room overall). I'm using a Cooler Master CM690II Advanced, which is a good case, but if I was going to build my PC all over again, I'd probably get the Fractal Design Define XL, since I've noticed most of the noise coming from my PC comes out the top, and that one doesn't have a top vent (the "top" exhaust fan blows out the back)

The Cooler Master HAF series is also pretty popular...I think they're ugly but to each his/her own. Problem with cases is what looks good to one person looks like crap to the next person.

Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    Full Tower vs Mid Tower airflow can be essentially the same, only difference is extra space (more drive bays, more room for water cooling stuff, more room overall). I'm using a Cooler Master CM690II Advanced, which is a good case, but if I was going to build my PC all over again, I'd probably get the Fractal Design Define XL, since I've noticed most of the noise coming from my PC comes out the top, and that one doesn't have a top vent (the "top" exhaust fan blows out the back)
    Off-topic, but neither does the Define R3, unless you remove the covers to add more fans!

Orly? Well, I know my cases top exhaust fan puts out a decent amount of heat when the CPU is under load, so it's doing some work, I'd wonder if the single rear exhaust would be enough in that case. (I'm sure a higher CFM fan would be fine though)

Orly? Well, I know my cases top exhaust fan puts out a decent amount of heat when the CPU is under load, so it's doing some work, I'd wonder if the single rear exhaust would be enough in that case. (I'm sure a higher CFM fan would be fine though)
    I'm using two front intakes, one rear intake and only the rear (and the very little exhausting my GPU manages to push through :P ) as exhaust. It seems to handle it fine, CPU idles at 36°C once I got my Noctua NH-D14 in, which is stellar for a summer temp, so no troubles there. :3

[Although. I will experiment and put a fan as GPU-exhaust and see if it does anything, because my temps rose quite a bit once I got my new GPU]

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The Cooler Master HAF series is also pretty popular...I think they're ugly but to each his/her own. Problem with cases is what looks good to one person looks like crap to the next person.
    Hiiiissssssssssss.
    You dare bring this fight up *aaagggaaaaiiiinnnn*?!!?! Have at thee! My HAF X shall eat you all! ALL OF YOU!!!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119160 Good case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811146067 case with nice looks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811352005 Good case +more on quiet side

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811139003 nice case as well

Those are just some examples of some nice and well rated cases, kinda depends on personal taste really. The cases I listed though all have good ratings and reviews for the most part. Now if you wanted to save a few dollars and still have a real nice case...These are all very nice cases as well. A lot of "mid" cases now have the size of a full a lot of the time now. These cases are all below $100 and a few of them are basically the size of a full, again everything is personal choice. I use the CM 690II advanced which is listed below. These are just some of my suggestions and they are all well known and used cases too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119216

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129021

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119197
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?

^ I liked the Fractal Design one and the Corsair one. The rest are buttugly. D:
    Silverstone, Lian Li. More of those. Or the Thermaltake Level 10 GT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thermaltake Level 10.... I know one of those is like a $700 case. What. A. Joke.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Thermaltake Level 10.... I know one of those is like a $700 case. What. A. Joke.
    The GT is not the expensive one.

But just look at them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I like the Fractal Design one, I believe the higher quality one comes with noise damp material in it as well. Not too many cases come with that in the 130 dollar range. The lvl 10 cases I just cannot get myself to like the looks of it heh, I want to! its a nice case but just not visually appealing for me heh. If I have to rebuy a case right now I would probably get a custom Mountain mod case and make a few changes to it. Not one of the huge cube ones but a decent size one. I like being able to actually choose how the case is made and what I want in it, and the setup from the get go.
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by naadra View Post
    Ya I like the Fractal Design one, I believe the higher quality one comes with noise damp material in it as well. Not too many cases come with that in the 130 dollar range.
    All the Define-cases are noisedamped. That's the point of them. D:

If I wasn't so anal about noise, I'd get a Raven 02 or whatever they're called from Silverstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    The GT is not the expensive one.

But just look at them!
    They're okay....

But for the price Thermaltake asks, lol hell no!
    "A flower.

They're okay....

But for the price Thermaltake asks, lol hell no!
    Pff, I think the 800D from Corsair are the overpriced ones.

But it's sexy
    New and shiny compppppp!

10+ Year Old Account
    You see though, the 800D actually looks, feels, and IS A BAMF.
    "A flower.

You see though, the 800D actually looks, feels, and IS A BAMF.
    Eh, I'd say it's about the same as the Level 10GT. I'd put them on the same shelf.

BAMF being Butter Around My Finger?

BAMF meaning bad ass mother f*cker
    I also don't really like the 800D...can't put my finger on why though.

BAMF meaning bad ass mother f*cker
    I also don't really like the 800D...can't put my finger on why though.
    Perhaps you need butter around it?