Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question [Apparatus of Khaz'goroth] how to?

Last week i got my trinket and noticed that on every fight starting i don;t get enought stacks so i can pop it wiht zeal and wings and i saw on elitistjersk someone saying that is better to use AW first and after that use Guardian + Zeal and trinket is that corret ? would it be better?

Thanks.

pop wings+zealotry= guaranteed crits from hammer and lots of TV= lots of crits.

Its about the trinket i can;t really use it on any cd at the pull and use it separate is useless

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    pop wings+zealotry= guaranteed crits from hammer and lots of TV= lots of crits.
    Not quite true.While you pop AW and zealotry at least at the beggining of the fight you dont have guaranteed 5 stacks from apparatus since rng can screw with crits.
    Also with wings up you are going to delay cs/tv to use HoW.

Some have tested something different that netted a bigger dps increase by poping AW and when it is still has some seconds left on it you pop Zealotry with Apparatus.

Read the #1180 post from ej.It sums it up better.
    Still it needs to be tested though.

that is what i read also but doing dummy tests never the same so its needed some good bossfight will be doing some tests this week in firelands

Deleted
    I'm timing it about 3-4 seconds into Zealwingotry, most of the times my stacks have reached 4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Croack View Post
    that is what i read also but doing dummy tests never the same so its needed some good bossfight will be doing some tests this week in firelands
    I hope you aren't trying to judge your DPS from a training dummy and apply it to a raid. You cannot, CANNOT, judge your raid DPS on a dummy. This has been stated more times than I can count.

Also, the reason you should be waiting to use the trinket, is because the stacks don't often reach the highest they can at the start of the fight. So, if you run in on a boss, pop everything, you're losing damage because the trinket isn't stacked.

It is not good on Alysrazor, because in phase 3 you can not just turn it on. Need to w8 for stacks accumulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigraz View Post
    It is not good on Alysrazor, because in phase 3 you can not just turn it on. Need to w8 for stacks accumulate.
    On heroic its fine for Alysrazor, you won't lose the stacks if you dps the birds until tornadoes spawn right before the burn phase.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

From what I've read so far this really isn't the trinket for ret, besides the fact that its just a bother to have another CD to have to track and doesnt mesh with our other cd's, you have to crit to build stacks which seems to be a mechanic better taken advantage of by classes with duel wielding or fast attack speeds. we unfortunately have neither. I know its tempting to pick this trinket up because it's easily accessible on the AH or from a trash run, but depending on the trinkets your wielding now, you might be better off waiting for vessel of acceleration and the rep trinket.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faile View Post
    From what I've read so far this really isn't the trinket for ret, besides the fact that its just a bother to have another CD to have to track and doesnt mesh with our other cd's, you have to crit to build stacks which seems to be a mechanic better taken advantage of by classes with duel wielding or fast attack speeds. we unfortunately have neither. I know its tempting to pick this trinket up because it's easily accessible on the AH or from a trash run, but depending on the trinkets your wielding now, you might be better off waiting for vessel of acceleration and the rep trinket.
    Sorry but I stack it just fine on raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigraz View Post
    You can continue DPSing Alysrazor while you're dodging tornados.

I've only had it for a day now and so far I must say against all expectations I really like it, and especially when we'll be getting our 4piece it will be alot easier managing it.

start a fight > 1hp inq > do something fancy here till 3 hp > zealotry for 15 seconds after which you should have 5 stacks of titanic power by now assuming the rng gods favor you and then pop wings and guardian
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As of right now I use LtS + Apparatus. I let LtS stack to 10, use AW+GoAK and then get to zeal and apparatus with around 7 seconds left on wings which gives me enough time to throw 1 last hammer, benefit from GoAK and then go into Cs>Tv mode with 4 attacks benefitting from AW. Hammer doesn't benefit from mastery so I've gone from a nuke macro in t11 to a more spread/layered cd rotation. Could my logic be flawed in timing by a second here or there, sure. YMMV

Faile, not to be insulting but check out the ret 4.2 bis in the paladin class discussion section to get an idea of what we're doing and why. It's definitely on there.<3

probly best boss to try it its baleroc and occutar i'l be oing that today

this trinkets garbage for ret. ret doesnt crit much and this thing tends to rely on crit. some were referring the 346 trinkets actually fair better than this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    this trinkets garbage for ret. ret doesnt crit much and this thing tends to rely on crit. some were referring the 346 trinkets actually fair better than this thing.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/933474-Ret-Trinket-ratings-estimation-Firelands-4.2

I
    t is not garbage.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Deleted
    buff from this only lasts 15 secs so you have 5 secs of 'wings zealot' to get those crits thats enough for 1 gaurenteed ( in a raid) how crit and most likely another from more tv's/cs's(espacialy if your using cs glyph) so if you see you only have 3/4 stacks when your aw/zealot is ready stil use aw/zealot but be ready in the next 5 secs to trinket as wel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    I see you keep yourself up do date,not...

15+ Year Old Account
    lets clear some things up, Apparatus is a good trinket for ret,its good if it procs crit, its best if it procs mastery.

CDs are a little trickier this tier, even without apparatus. no one has four piece yet but because of the extended length of Zealotry, layering CDs is ideal. Exemplar has a nice graph of how to best layer your CDs on the front page of the RetCon 4.2 on EJ.

As far as Apparatus goes, it has been said that it is more useful to use with Zealotry only. With Wings you would push back TV for HoW, however, the more TVs you can get off that are buffed by the huge mastery gain from Apparatus is supposed to be a better use of the trinket.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.