Thread: Dragonsworns

Dragonsworns

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2393920457

The title says it, and however, it will be neglected or will be instant deleted, I have written up my thoughts regarding the possible new class for the game.

Quoting myself:

"For a time now, I had wondered what the new (hero) class would be, and after the events of cataclysm unfolding how Alexstrasza mortally wounded by Deathwing, and her having the last flight that has sustained most of their numbers compared to others(Blacks: we decimated them, Blues: Deathwing decimated them, Bronze: We have no idea where are they along with the infinite-flight factor, Greens: Most of them corrupted in nightmare).

With the incoming information from "Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects" being in line with most of the fiction and theories I had, I am making a really wild, yet educated guess on the new hero class of WoW, which will be a combination of shamans, hunters and druids(More details if the topic doesn't get send into oblivion by Blizzard, hence indicating it is true)

In RPG there is the type of hero a class that serve the dragons, who in turn get attuned with them to the point that they adapt to some of their aspects, some even say drakonids were once mortals who served dragons.

(From this point on its my words/speculation)

With dragonflights weakened and facing extinction, unable to guard Azeroth anymore, dragons agree to recruit mortal races where, the mortal denizen of Azeroth will be sent to face great trials and they will play a key role in Azeroth's destiny(Though I also predict the planet will be gone by the time we will be striking Sargeras, but thats another story) These heroes throughout their initiation will be unfolding the mysteries behind events whose outcomes were only known. (Events regarding emerald dream and infinites)

The questline will take you into emerald dream where you will take part in saving of Ysera, creation of Infinite Flight, realignation of Ley Lines, Purification of Black and twilight Flight, Election of Dragon Queen, and refomation of the new Wyrmrest Accord, so that you heroes can be prepared to protect the Azeroth from the exiled leader of Highborne: Azshara and ultimately her finally-freed dark-masters, the Old Gods."

If we hear it on Blizzcon this being true, I am calling on the rights to boast to predict it, though one can always fail in the case we end up with either of Pirate or Time Warden or no class at all, yet I hope it will worth the shot...

(First Update)
    Dragonsworn, Quests:
    The following are the quest concept for the questlines this class will be taking on, so these resemble a sum of quests rather than every single quest you’ll be tackling.
    As a sidenote, the class will start at a level of 55 and will reach 85 at the end of their class questline(Death Knight level 55-58), where they will be subjected to a quest number of approximately 300, where they will start at level 55. It will be required for the player to reach the new level cap(Level 90 or 95 assuming this will be for the upcoming expansion)
    to roll this class.
    1- Call of the Dragon Questlines, this questline revolves around the events of opening of gates of Ahn’Qiraj where you will be recruited by Nozdormu, will learn of the existence of C’thun and face the creation of Infinite Flight, and will unlock your base abilities, no talent tree available yet.
    2- Outland Questlines, these questlines will take you to Outland where you will witness the boundaries of Illidan’s corruption,events of Black Temple and Purification of Sunwell, ending in you Redeeming Illidan’s soul(He will be returning as an unnamed advisor in Naz’jatar questlines and will be essential in taking down Azshara). You will came into contact with Sabellian and learn how all the black flight has been corrupted in eggs and uncorrupted ones being destroyed. You will also learn of Gruul being Deathwing’s agent in doing so, which will end in Sabellian swearing for revenge.
    3- Nexus War Questlines: you will be taking part in the stopping on Malygos, and events that were put into motion in the background: Destruction in Ley-line balance in Azeroth finally letting Old Gods breaking their inprisonment(Events of Ulduar) where you learn the existance of last of the Old Gods(4th one) and witness the creation of Twilight Dragonflight and Twilight’s Hammer raising in power and their agenda.
    4- Twilight of the Aspects Questlines: after witnessing the events of Nexus War, you will be sent into Emerald Dream to help/save Ysera and Malfurion as they face eternal entrapment in the Dream. In addition, you will gain access to Elemental Planes in the meanwhile witnessing Deathwing’s escape from Deepholm and this questline will end in the unveiling of Nefarian’s resurrection and his new experiments(Stealing of the eggs of other flights and creation of Chromatus, his ultimate experiment). You will witness the most important events of Cataclysm and learn that Cho’gal(the weakest one) was one the members of “Twilight Council” consisting of 5 powerful beings in Azeroth(Benedictus and Rommath being other two) and they see to the freeing of Old Gods.
    5- The Hour of Twilight Questlines: you will face 2 Nozdormus one Bronze, the other being in the Infinite form and learn of the reason for your recruitment how mortal races being more resillient against Old Gods’ corruption. The encounter will cause a great paradox in the space-time continuum causing the bronze flight to disappear. However, as a Dragonsworn you will be exploiting this distruption and will save Korialstrasz. This will correspond to the time of the assault on Deathwing, Ysera and Alexstrasza with the help of Sabellian will sacrifice themselves and will kill Deathwing, with Twilight Prophet(The most powerful of the Twilight Council)’s death will cause the Twilight’s Hammer to retreat(for the time being).
    6- Reformation of Wyrmrest Accord Questlines: As Korialstrasz being the Dragon Lord and head of the Red Dragonflight, the Wyrmrest Accord will be reformed. Bronzeflight will be still lost, Blueflight will be led by Kalecgos, Greenflight will be led by Lord Itharius. The uncorrupted black whelp, accordingly with Sabellian’s will, designating the whelp to lead the blackflight and be raised by Thrall on becoming the new Earth-Warder, in the mean-time Twilight and Nether flights will serve as the Regents to the flight.
    After these events you will be out into the new world ready to travel into the depths of the forbidden sea...

(Second Update)
    Dragonsworn, Class Mechanics I:
    -The class will have 3 specs namely, Mender, Guardian and Master.
    + Mender: Healing spec, scattering-heal model, big heals, high resource costs.
    + Guardian: Tanking spec, damage mitigation through active cooldowns and absorb shields
    + Master: Melee or Caster depending on the activated path
    - Similar to the stance and presence systems, Dragonsworns will utilize "Path" system: Warmaster, Spellbreaker, Timewarden and Lifemender.
    - Dragonsworns utilize mana as their resource which give access to the use of their 5 basic abilities, however, activating a path( at the cost of 100% mana) will change this to their real resource systems with Draconic Empowerment being the shared resource that is activated respectively with the path's specialization. All of these resources cap at 100 unless modified by talents and the respective resource of paths are:
    + Warmaster activates Zeal: Starts at full bar, attacks costs range around 20 to 40 Zeal, regeneration increased through haste.
    + Spellbreaker activates Shadowflame: Starts at full bar, attack costs range around 15 to 50 shadowflame, regenerates through spirit.
    + Timewarden activates Rift Flow: Starts at half bar, attacks cost around 15 to 50 Rift Flow, melee hits regen 5 Rift Flow, every attack inflicting causing a decrease of 10% in health gains 15 Rift Flow.
    + Lifemender activates Lifeblood: Starts at half bar, spells cost around 20 to 60 Lifeblood, regenerates through spirit.
    - Draconic Empowerment activation depends on the talent tree chosen:
    + Empowerment of the Master: Every critical strike gains 10 D.E. hitting 100 D.E. gives access to Hour of Twilight.
    ++ Hour of Twilight(Warmaster)-100 D.E, 30 seconds: Gives access to Empowered Warmaster abilities.Increases melee damage done by 30%, Melee Critical Strike rating by 15% and Zeal Regeneration by 50%. Armor and Health reduced by 20%, D.E. gain reduced by 80%. Every point of mastery increases the duration by 3 seconds.
    ++ Hour of Twilight(Spellbreaker)-100 D.E, 30 seconds: Gives access to Empowered Spellbreaker abilities. Increases spell damage done by 30%, Spell Critical Strike rating by 15% and Shadowflame Regeneration by 50%. Armor and Health reduced by 20%, D.E. gain reduced by 80%. Every point of mastery increases the duration by 3 seconds.
    + Empowerment of the Guardian: Every damage absorbed totaling 20% of the health gains 10 D.E. hitting 100 D.E. gives access to Oath of the Protector.
    ++ Oath of the Protector-100 D.E, until hitting 100 D.E: Gives access to Empowered Guardian abilities. D.E gain increased by 100%. Damage, Armor and Health increased by 30%
    + Empowerment of the Mender: Every damage healed(overheals doesn’t count) totaling 10% of the player’s health gains 5 D.E. hitting 100 D.E. gives access to the Plea of the Servant.
    ++ Plea of the Servant-100 D.E, until hitting 100 D.E: Gives access to Empowered Mender abilities. D.E gain increased by 50%. Effect of Healing spell increased by 30%. Movement speed increased by 50%. Armor decreased by 80% and Health increased by 80%. Spirit reduced by 50%. 3 succesive activations results in “Sacrifice” decreasing increments by 10% and increasing decrements by 10% for 3 minutes.
    Last edited by ZenX; 2011-08-12 at 10:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Been rehashed on the forums many times. No thanks.

Search feature is great, use it. besides the next class is going to be an unarmed melee dps/tank/healer trufax, you will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rytlock Brimstone View Post
    Search feature is great, use it. besides the next class is going to be an unarmed melee dps/tank/healer trufax, you will see.
    A monk? :O
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Well they're a combination of a druid and a shaman in terms of class mechanics so it is melee-caster/tank/healer...

Though I haven't fully unfold all my ideas(and at least read the whole of the darn initial post before commenting rather just the title), thus, it is pretty much different than what have discussed on forums...

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Well they're a combination of a druid and a shaman in terms of class mechanics so it is melee-caster/tank/healer...

Though I haven't fully unfold all my ideas(and at least read the whole of the darn initial post before commenting rather just the title), thus, it is pretty much different than what have discussed on forums...
    Actually, your idea is a 99% copy of the other ones.

---------- Post added 2011-07-16 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    A monk? :O
    maybe something like that

---------- Post added 2011-07-16 at 01:08 PM ----------

oh wow and your advertising in other threads, incoming ban.

Actually, your idea is a 99% copy of the other ones.

---------- Post added 2011-07-16 at 01:06 PM ----------

maybe something like that

---------- Post added 2011-07-16 at 01:08 PM ----------

oh wow and your advertising in other threads, incoming ban.
    I have just given a preview which practically the description of the class in RPG, and the only reason I had done that posting is my initial post being 2-pages back in a hot topic and editing wouldn't really help me, yet as a class description and being a sub-topic, my beginning post for this thread deserved it own, thats the only reason I have done the linking.

In addition, however they deny them being "canon", seeing how things in this new book turns out to be, Dragonsworn by its concept is by far a good guess/speculation as a new class...

All in all, I'll be posting the quest details early in morning, then you guys can decide whether its new or not...
    Last edited by ZenX; 2011-07-16 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Typo

(Updated the main post and the thread in official forums aswell)
    Dragonsworn, Quests:
    The following are the quest concept for the questlines this class will be taking on, so these resemble a sum of quests rather than every single quest you’ll be tackling.
    As a sidenote, the class will start at a level of 55 and will reach 85 at the end of their class questline(Death Knight level 55-58), where they will be subjected to a quest number of approximately 300, where they will start at level 55. It will be required for the player to reach the new level cap(Level 90 or 95 assuming this will be for the upcoming expansion)

1- Call of the Dragon Questlines, this questline revolves around the events of opening of gates of Ahn’Qiraj where you will be recruited by Nozdormu, will learn of the existence of C’thun and face the creation of Infinite Flight, and will unlock your base abilities, no talent tree available yet.

2- Outland Questlines, these questlines will take you to Outland where you will witness the boundaries of Illidan’s corruption,events of Black Temple and Purification of Sunwell, ending in you Redeeming Illidan’s soul(He will be returning as an unnamed advisor in Naz’jatar questlines and will be essential in taking down Azshara). You will came into contact with Sabellian and learn how all the black flight has been corrupted in eggs and uncorrupted ones being destroyed. You will also learn of Gruul being Deathwing’s agent in doing so, which will end in Sabellian swearing for revenge.

3- Nexus War Questlines: you will be taking part in the stopping on Malygos, and events that were put into motion in the background: Destruction in Ley-line balance in Azeroth finally letting Old Gods breaking their inprisonment(Events of Ulduar) where you learn the existance of last of the Old Gods(4th one) and witness the creation of Twilight Dragonflight and Twilight’s Hammer raising in power and their agenda.

4- Twilight of the Aspects Questlines: after witnessing the events of Nexus War, you will be sent into Emerald Dream to help/save Ysera and Malfurion as they face eternal entrapment in the Dream. In addition, you will gain access to Elemental Planes in the meanwhile witnessing Deathwing’s escape from Deepholm and this questline will end in the unveiling of Nefarian’s resurrection and his new experiments(Stealing of the eggs of other flights and creation of Chromatus, his ultimate experiment). You will witness the most important events of Cataclysm and learn that Cho’gal(the weakest one) was one the members of “Twilight Council” consisting of 5 powerful beings in Azeroth(Benedictus and Rommath being other two) and they see to the freeing of Old Gods.

5- The Hour of Twilight Questlines: you will face 2 Nozdormus one Bronze, the other being in the Infinite form and learn of your reason fro recruitment how mortal races being more resillient against Old Gods’ corruption. The encounter will cause a great paradox in the space-time continuum causing the bronze flight to disappear. However, as a Dragonsworn you will be exploiting this distruption and will save Korialstrasz. This will correspond to the time of the assault on Deathwing, Ysera and Alexstrasza with the help of Sabellian will sacrifice themselves and will kill Deathwing, with Twilight Prophet(The most powerful of the Twilight Council)’s death will cause the Twilight’s Hammer to retreat(for the time being).

6- Reformation of Wyrmrest Accord Questlines: As Korialstrasz being the Dragon Lord and head of the Red Dragonflight, the Wyrmrest Accord will be reformed. Bronzeflight will be still lost, Blueflight will be led by Kalecgos, Greenflight will be led by Lord Itharius. The uncorrupted black whelp, accordingly with Sabellian’s will, designating the whelp to lead the blackflight and be be raised by Thrall on becoming the new Earth-Warder, in the mean-time Twilight and Nether flights will serve as the Regents to the flight.
    After these events you will be out into the new world ready to travel into the depths of the forbidden sea...
    Last edited by ZenX; 2011-07-18 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Edited for visual clarity.

Deleted
    surprised you didn't state that your talent tree will determine your 'colour' ie green -> healer, red -> tank -> blue -> dps

and will be reflected in the shade your scales take on, assuming you would grow scales. since if you folow this timeline your going to spend 10~ years doing these quests, or cinematic 'montage' of what you did inbetween these quests or lots of bronze time travel occurs.

Deleted
    Simply no, just no!

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Simply no, just no!
    Add a reason else its a strike on the way of getting your post reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    surprised you didn't state that your talent tree will determine your 'colour' ie green -> healer, red -> tank -> blue -> dps

and will be reflected in the shade your scales take on, assuming you would grow scales. since if you folow this timeline your going to spend 10~ years doing these quests, or cinematic 'montage' of what you did inbetween these quests or lots of bronze time travel occurs.
    Well, these are the concept for the quests, and rather than going for "Here's a new class and it'll be this hybrid or rip-off of another idea", I rather tried to build their background regarding the inclusion to the story of the game, I actually have more speculations regarding how the general flow of events would turn out to be, though such comments is more appropriate for the description of the expansion.

Though, I should not be telling this now, talents will be based on multiple classes where for dps spec you would be taking the form of either a blue or a black or twilight whereas healing will be based on red and green and tanking is based on bronze/infinite and black, though it definitely won't be a self-healing tank, I am actually going through my notes I had written in past regarding the talent trees.

I will be posting in the oncoming weeks with more details, and it will be a better read as it is not a copy of another class but a hero that arise from the need in the storyline.

...and quest experience will of course be far much more longer compared to a DK starting zone as you'll be leveling through 55(or 60) to 85, and most of the areas are supposed to be phase so you won't be collecting moth wings in Terokkar.
    Last edited by ZenX; 2011-07-18 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Added the explanation regarding levelling

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I seriously doubt they would ever put something like this in game. I approve of your obvious effort. If they did add this, I would play it. I've always found the dragons very interesting

(Updated the main post and the thread in official forums aswell)
    Dragonsworn, Class Mechanics I:
    -The class will have 3 specs namely, Mender, Guardian and Master.
    + Mender: Healing spec, scattering-heal model, big heals, high resource costs.
    + Guardian: Tanking spec, damage mitigation through active cooldowns and absorb shields
    + Master: Melee or Caster depending on the activated path
    - Similar to the stance and presence systems, Dragonsworns will utilize "Path" system: Warmaster, Spellbreaker, Timewarden and Lifemender.
    - Dragonsworns utilize mana as their resource which give access to the use of their 5 basic abilities, however, activating a path( at the cost of 100% mana) will change this to their real resource systems with Draconic Empowerment being the shared resource that is activated respectively with the path's specialization. All of these resources cap at 100 unless modified by talents and the respective resource of paths are:
    + Warmaster activates Zeal: Starts at full bar, attacks costs range around 20 to 40 Zeal, regeneration increased through haste.
    + Spellbreaker activates Shadowflame: Starts at full bar, attack costs range around 15 to 50 shadowflame, regenerates through spirit.
    + Timewarden activates Rift Flow: Starts at half bar, attacks cost around 15 to 50 Rift Flow, melee hits regen 5 Rift Flow, every attack inflicting causing a decrease of 10% in health gains 15 Rift Flow.
    + Lifemender activates Lifeblood: Starts at half bar, spells cost around 20 to 60 Lifeblood, regenerates through spirit.
    - Draconic Empowerment activation depends on the talent tree chosen:
    + Empowerment of the Master: Every critical strike gains 10 D.E. hitting 100 D.E. gives access to Dawn of Twilight.
    ++ Dawn of Twilight(Warmaster)-100 D.E, 30 seconds: Gives access to Empowered Warmaster abilities.Increases melee damage done by 30%, Melee Critical Strike rating by 15% and Zeal Regeneration by 50%. Armor and Health reduced by 20%, D.E. gain reduced by 80%. Every point of mastery increases the duration by 3 seconds.
    ++ Dawn of Twilight(Spellbreaker)-100 D.E, 30 seconds: Gives access to Empowered Spellbreaker abilities. Increases spell damage done by 30%, Spell Critical Strike rating by 15% and Shadowflame Regeneration by 50%. Armor and Health reduced by 20%, D.E. gain reduced by 80%. Every point of mastery increases the duration by 3 seconds.
    + Empowerment of the Guardian: Every damage absorbed totaling 20% of the health gains 10 D.E. hitting 100 D.E. gives access to Oath of the Protector.
    ++ Oath of the Protector-100 D.E, until hitting 100 D.E: Gives access to Empowered Guardian abilities. D.E gain increased by 100%. Damage, Armor and Health increased by 30%
    + Empowerment of the Mender: Every damage healed(overheals doesn’t count) totaling 10% of the player’s health gains 5 D.E. hitting 100 D.E. gives access to the Plea of the Servant.
    ++ Plea of the Servant-100 D.E, until hitting 100 D.E: Gives access to Empowered Mender abilities. D.E gain increased by 50%. Effect of Healing spell increased by 30%. Movement speed increased by 50%. Armor decreased by 80% and Health increased by 80%. Spirit reduced by 50%. 3 succesive activations results in “Sacrifice” decreasing increments by 10% and increasing decrements by 10% for 3 minutes.

Even I made a dragonswon/master thread. I guess other peoople have the same idea.
    (It actually went on pretty well.) Also I like this class idea as it fils in a gab I imagine.
    (We've got demons,undead,beasts,elemental themed classes) Why not dragonkin?
    It all depends on how bliz wants to handle the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    ..Deja Vu...

10+ Year Old Account
    Idea canned now since the Deathwing completion movie came out?

Sadly new future classes will be what opinion polls say they should be... but I'd sign back up in an instant if they created a Necromancer (then probably unsubscribe once the boredom sets back in, lol).

In the mean time, I am happy levelling a Poison Dagger Necro in Diablo II after 5 years of WoW sidetrack is over

Deleted
    The idea is cool, the concept, terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    In their tongue, he is Dovahgrinn

DRAGONSWORN!

FUS RO LFG!
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Necro Necroman.

Closing