Page 1 of 31
... LastLast
    Deleted

no shamans in world first ragnaros kill

i'm just going to create the threat that'll undoubtedly appear: paragon had not even a single shaman in their world first kill.

i'm not going to judge them or cry that the sky's falling or that. i'll take the same as they did back in ICC hc days, and state that they probably didn't have a shaman online at that time.

that's kinda depressing when you see world 1st kills and max 1 shammy in grp :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Biscuit
    I don't want the game nerfed to my level,
    I want to rise myself to the level of the game.

Deleted
    You might not be crying or the sky is falling, but there's bound to be one person on the very first page that says Shamans are hated by blizz yadiyadiyada

Such a shame... wouldn't it be great if shamans were actually needed in raids? Now that every class can do what shamans do and be better then they are at it there is no point i guess.
    Last edited by Crazycab; 2011-07-19 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted
    I am pretty sure Shamans are hated by blizz....

On a serious note, it's kind of sad seeing no shaman on the list of the first kill, but there's bound to be one sometime in the later kills... in the near future.... near 4.3...

10+ Year Old Account
    They also had only one mage, so clearly mages are bad too, right?

Don't take one guild's layout as indicative of anything, frankly. They probably didn't have a shaman player who was as strong and consistent as the other classes for the slot.

Deleted
    Just because you "know" someone is going to create this thread, doesnt mean you have to go and do it first. That doesnt help the problem at all. Yes there werent any shaman, but that's entirely Paragons choice. The class isnt going to be shunned because a world first guild didnt use it, nor does it count as "proof" that the class is underperforming.

Also, note they only used 1 mage and 1 rogue too. And they used many many druids, 2 of which are probably part of the "stacking" rumour that's been going around, since the armoury shows them both without any gear or spec whatsoever.

Ele dmg -> Not the best
    Enhance dmg -> Not the best
    Resto Healing -> Not good if you have to spread out

Yes i am QQ'ing.

They can't bring anything to the raid that won't give them a slight advantage, and lets face it shaman are not any good at all right now. It's just how it is when you raid for world firsts.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

This could be used as a reason to buff Shamans.

Way to go Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They also had only one mage, so clearly mages are bad too, right?

Don't take one guild's layout as indicative of anything, frankly. They probably didn't have a shaman player who was as strong and consistent as the other classes for the slot.
    This. Bring the player not the class. I hightly doubt this is indicative of Shaman not being viable for this fight.
    Let's wait for the world 2nd and 3rd kills before anyone starts screaming that "the sky is falling"; I bet at least one of those guilds will have used a Shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

If it wasn't for Time Warp, there wouldn't have been a mage in there either I'm sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they not have any Shamans in their Sinestra kill as well?

I don't think it's that shamans aren't viable, it's just that they're at the bottom of the list. A well played shaman can easily hold a position in most raids, I imagine their kills in the future will have one, but for world firsts and such they need every little bit of DPS possible.

There will always be someone at the bottom, unfortunately it's been shamans for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Prez- View Post
    If it wasn't for Time Warp, there wouldn't have been a mage in there either I'm sure.
    I do believe they had a BM hunter, which can supply that. =)

Quote Originally Posted by SonsofDisaster View Post
    This. Bring the player not the class. I hightly doubt this is indicative of Shaman not being viable for this fight.
    In the case of a world first guild, they would have brought a shaman even if it was an alt if they were worth bringing over another class. When you have so many options like Paragon, you pick and chose for perfection.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was sure that someone would have posted this.

Anyway i don't really care about first kill.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure other people have killed things before with none of a certain class, besides what classes a certain guild uses to defeat the boss shouldn't really concern you.

Deleted
    Lawl. I saw the front-page post 2 mins ago, and I promised myself this - ''if I see a single thread about the lack of shamans in the kill on the forums, I'll rofl so hard.'' So I ventured to this wretched forum, and lo and behold, this is what I find.

Ha.
    Ha. Ha.

[User was infracted for this post]
    Last edited by Endus; 2011-07-19 at 09:45 PM.

So since THEY did not use one, the whole class is bad right?

No, you are bad and you should feel bad. Shamans are fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    You do realize raid set ups on world first kills have nothing to do with 99% of PvE players? Most of us will not be put in situation where class>player.

well i guess all of you complaining shamans sucking in raids play in world class guilds and are (were) competing for world firsts so it affects you all so much amirite?