Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Anyone commenting that the recent change helped is retarded, and probably don't play moonkin. I know how the class works pretty damn well and this is a flatout nerf.

Pre 4.1: Sunfire spam using Lunar Shower (no this was too powerfull)
    After 4.2: Sunfire spam without lunar show (nope, still too powerfull, manage to kill rag with it)
    Today: Cannot cast a moonfire/sunfire without forcing yourself out of eclipse state.

Sejta was tanking you're right about that, but the 5 moonkin who were spamming sunfire all fight and absolutely devastating the Burning Seed add's with solar mushrooms pretty much won them the fight. Go have a look on the official forums or check out manaflask to see some of the comments. One of the community were stalking paragon and spotted what they were doing, im not shouting this shit off the top of my head.
    First of all, the change was a hotfix to lunar shower, this was actually a minor buff, you can still spec out of it and hold a forever solar if you want.

Second of all, there 25man comp did have 7 balance druids in it at 1 point, but then they decided they would just aoe the hell out of them instead and swapped down to just 2, the rest of the druids were healers and 1 tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaka View Post
    http://www.paragon.fi/sites/default/..._positions.jpg

Was posted on their website, not sure if those positions were used for their kill.
    Rofl, 8 boomkins

Was posted on their website, not sure if those positions were used for their kill.
    They weren't because they used only 2 or 3 moonkins during the kill.

And about the nerf? Nope, you've misunderstood it. They only fixed that when you're NOT in the eclipse state and going from solar to lunar, moonfire generated lunar energy. It's a buff, not a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    Rofl, 8 boomkins
    Spot the fake, only 7 of those are actually boomkins, 1 of them is a potion of illusion

10+ Year Old Account
    They prob did that and took a pic of it to throw off the raids that were close behind them so maybe they would go back and rethink what they were doing and take time away from actually raiding...they prob wanted to beat everyone to rag first by a couple of days and if the next closest guilds went back to the drawing board after seeing 7 boomkins maybe it would keep them second guessing themselves instead of actually putting in the attempts necessary to down him....

imo...just a random thought i had...like above posters have said I think they only had a few boomys and I know sejta isnt boomy but he is one of the ones in this pic that is so that pretty much confirms it was just to throw ppl off...
    IBroughtGuns ~ Night Elf Warrior
    Specializing in Protection Services
    Dabbling in Smashing Faces
    Proudly Serving Alliance Since 2007
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Ibroughtguns/advanced[/URL][/url]
    Addiction Guild - http://addiction-haomarush.wowstead.com/

Anyone commenting that the recent change helped is retarded, and probably don't play moonkin. I know how the class works pretty damn well and this is a flatout nerf.

Pre 4.1: Sunfire spam using Lunar Shower (no this was too powerfull)
    After 4.2: Sunfire spam without lunar show (nope, still too powerfull, manage to kill rag with it)
    Today: Cannot cast a moonfire/sunfire without forcing yourself out of eclipse state.

Sejta was tanking you're right about that, but the 5 moonkin who were spamming sunfire all fight and absolutely devastating the Burning Seed add's with solar mushrooms pretty much won them the fight. Go have a look on the official forums or check out manaflask to see some of the comments. One of the community were stalking paragon and spotted what they were doing, im not shouting this shit off the top of my head.
    The hotfix is literal in the sense that only Moonfire causes a further transition from Solar to Lunar eclipse, not Sunfire. Sunfire can continue to be spammed with no eclipse bar movement as long as Lunar Shower has no points in it, or with points as long as it is not cast during the buff period. Prior to the hotfix, Moonfire did not generate energy once leaving Solar Eclipse, but now it does. In the grand scheme of things, it was neither a nerf nor buff, just a small fix.

Paragon very likely brought the balance Druids along for their superior crowd control in a fight that needs the specific qualities balance spec can offer -- a large, variable "frost trap" in the form of talented Magic Mushrooms & dead Treants (the former likely aligned in a straight line from spawn point of the add to the destination,) and of course, typhoon. In fact, two well-coordinated balance Druids could effectively quadruple the amount of time it takes for an add to reach its destination. Nowadays, there would be no reason for any balance Druid to spam Sunfire (unless multi-dotting,) when hardcasting Wrath during Solar Eclipse would certainly provide more DPS throughput. Prior to the 4.1 Lunar Shower nerf, though? Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Druids are currently probably the best Raiding Class, any Specc is viable for raiding and performs very well.
    Feral dps is not.

yes its a hotfix, meaning it was supposed to be implented a while ago already, paragons kill had nothing to do with it
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

L2Potofillusion

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Feral dps is not.
    You're talking about endgame heroic raiding here, right?

Deleted

Paragon also know how to troll. On they kill paragon used 1 feral (tank), 2 resto and 2 boomkins, I dont see any boomking stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    25 man kill had 2 moonkins, and the hotfix was a bug fix, and not a nerf.
    In fact, if anything, it HELPED.
    Moonfire does way more damage as a dot under nature's grace and in eclipse that is allowed to run its course than it does running around since 4.1. I wish more people would catch on to gameplay changes made months ago.
    Last edited by Recondition; 2011-07-25 at 06:09 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    there were no class changes since the World First from Paragon, and they stack moonkins because of their insane Burst AoE Dps for those Adds in P2.

Druids are currently probably the best Raiding Class, any Specc is viable for raiding and performs very well.
    Truth. I love having druids in my raids. Shamans... however... not even one.

ORIGINALLY the rag adds during p2 that fixate could be knocked back so guilds stacked boomkins for that once blizz realized this they hotfixed it and guilds went from 6-9 moonkins to 2-3. that was the stacking. But the moonfire change was just a hotfix for the fact that if you have lunar shower going 1 way it wasnt giving energy outside eclipse cuase it was trying to send you the opposite way.

I still think it's funny how people are talking about Paragon's first kill trying to find anyway to take away the world first. Just get over it.

These threads are really honestly getting old, just stop.

Deleted
    Ah you gotta love "paragon and class xxx" threads.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people always insist on nit picking guilds that get world firsts? umad? jelly? they are a sponsored guild, they are #1 for a reason, they come up with creative ways to handle mechanics, which, any top 10 guild will do in order to get world firsts. Its not a conspiracy for fuck sake...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurai View Post
    Spot the fake, only 7 of those are actually boomkins, 1 of them is a potion of illusion
    The jumping boomkin. Boomkins can't jump, they are too fat.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I'm fairly certain that they brought Balance Druids for Typhoon knock backs during the transition phases, it is also why they brought several Death Knights (Deathgrip, and the ability to Dark Simulacrum "Hand of Ragnaros" for the knock back).
    I'm currently on heroic Ragnaros, I also play a moonkin. And yes, typhoon for the sons of flame in transition in amazing. But I'm also quite confident they brought so many moonkins because our AoE is extremely silly. Not to mention if they have 7 or 8 druids ,that's also 7 or 8 tranquilities'