Thread: Nintendo 3DS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    3D has never struck me as a medium worth the money. Ive played the 3DS a little bit at Wal-Mart and during the whole 2-3 minutes I spent with it I didnt notice any serious graphical update worth $250. 3D is a nifty idea, especially with no glasses, but unless I look at the thing head on I dont see the effect anyway. I just want to play once through Zelda OOT to check out the graphical updates and possible changes they made to the game, and yes of course to see a game I grew up on in 3D. From the sounds of it though only way ill end up doing that is if I get a free 3DS, or a friend gets one, both highly unlikely

Since I buy Nintendo consoles for Pokémon games since I began playing WoW, I was waiting for a Pokémon RPG on 3DS to make its debut to buy the console, yet, with the price change its getting I will be buying it earlier, since I really want to play Ocarina of Time. Why? Contrary to some of you, I was not lucky enough to get my hands on an n64 due to its non-availability back in the day in my country, and afterwards I always was a handheld guy(I bought my PS3 for multi-core programming) so this is finally my chance to get my hands on a classic game.

Anyway, knowing how nintendo does their things, 6 months later 3DS will be a huge success, as it was with GBA and NDS(People were rambling over Mario 64 being a remake and how NDS was bound to fail) who lacked "new" titles in their release.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGiant89 View Post
    3D has never struck me as a medium worth the money. Ive played the 3DS a little bit at Wal-Mart and during the whole 2-3 minutes I spent with it I didnt notice any serious graphical update worth $250. 3D is a nifty idea, especially with no glasses, but unless I look at the thing head on I dont see the effect anyway. I just want to play once through Zelda OOT to check out the graphical updates and possible changes they made to the game, and yes of course to see a game I grew up on in 3D. From the sounds of it though only way ill end up doing that is if I get a free 3DS, or a friend gets one, both highly unlikely
    The 3D for OOT is the best on the system, if you do get a 3DS play it through with 3D on

The gap in graphics between the DS and the 3DS is pretty immense. I wouldn't go about underestimating what can be squeezed out of the handheld.
    Im not a fan of either the psp or the 3ds but i would wager the psp is gona get better graphics. I mean yes it looks good compared to what old gameboys had but im not gona play a handheld for graphics, since its tada a handheld. To many games are banking on shit like 3d or touch screen to try and make the game better and end of ingoreing the game as a core. And what the other person said i played the 3ds as target and yeh the 3d sucks ass unless ur looks flat at it, if your at an angle at all you wont see shit for the 3d graphics and leme tell you i play my gameboy more at an angle than i do straight in front of my face.

Zelda: Spirit Tracks
    New Super Mario Bros
    Phoenix Wright
    Proffesor Layton
    Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story
    Mario Kart DS
    I havnt enjoyed a handheld zelda game since Oracle of seasons and ages, Mario is a massive rehash, if i wannt play a good mario game ill play super mario world. Do not like the Lawyer games. Mario again, and Mario cart on a handheld sucks and again hasnt been good since double dash.

My biggest problem was the massive price tag but now that its gone down alot it doesnt bother me as much. If i wanted a handheld i might get it but again most of the games i would play are much older, IE DS GBA or GBC era and i can just rom most of those on my laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    Im not a fan of either the psp or the 3ds but i would wager the psp is gona get better graphics. I mean yes it looks good compared to what old gameboys had but im not gona play a handheld for graphics, since its tada a handheld. To many games are banking on shit like 3d or touch screen to try and make the game better and end of ingoreing the game as a core. And what the other person said i played the 3ds as target and yeh the 3d sucks ass unless ur looks flat at it, if your at an angle at all you wont see shit for the 3d graphics and leme tell you i play my gameboy more at an angle than i do straight in front of my face.

I havnt enjoyed a handheld zelda game since Oracle of seasons and ages, Mario is a massive rehash, if i wannt play a good mario game ill play super mario world. Do not like the Lawyer games. Mario again, and Mario cart on a handheld sucks and again hasnt been good since double dash.

My biggest problem was the massive price tag but now that its gone down alot it doesnt bother me as much. If i wanted a handheld i might get it but again most of the games i would play are much older, IE DS GBA or GBC era and i can just rom most of those on my laptop.
    Do you ever post anything positive? Like...ever? Cause you seem to be a negative Nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Do you ever post anything positive? Like...ever? Cause you seem to be a negative Nancy.
    Nope, never seen it myself.

So if i am to purchase this before the price is cut, i can download 20 free games?!

Sorry i dont blindly follow the wave of popularity.

Sorry i dont blindly follow the wave of popularity.
    You can be a prideful non-conformist. But there is no need for arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    You can be a prideful non-conformist. But there is no need for arrogance.
    I guess when i dont like something that others do and point out flaws and such im arrogant.

I guess when i dont like something that others do and point out flaws and such im arrogant.
    "Sorry i dont blindly follow the wave of popularity."

Very arrogant; as though you are vastly above others in all points with a sarcastic apology. I havent been that fond of many gameboy games myself, but saying others are blind for enjoying them was not the best of ways to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    So if i am to purchase this before the price is cut, i can download 20 free games?!
    Pretty much, the only thing is these 20 free games are NES and GBA games, the GBA games may not get released on the 3DS so thats a plus, the NES will come at a later date.

Depends if you want to pay $60 and get 10 nes and 10 gba, or save 60.

10+ Year Old Account

Mario again, and Mario cart on a handheld sucks and again hasnt been good since double dash.
    If you haven't played them I definitely suggest giving the Mario&Luigi games a try. They are not traditional Mario games. They are RPGs with action features to them like instead of taking damage from an enemy you have the chance to dodge or counter attack an enemy based on how fast you can react by like say jumping over the attacker or hitting back with a weapon.

And since you mention you like the older hand helds the first Mario&Luigi was released on GBA.

I myself still haven't gotten a 3DS and probably wont until the Kid Icarus game comes out. Ive played OoT so many times ive gotten sick of it so the 3D remake really hasn't gotten much attention from me. That free download bundle looked interesting for people who purchase the system at its full price but then I looked at some of the games they are offering and there really isn't any reason for me to bother caring about them since I already have the original versions of them on the systems they came out for.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2011-07-29 at 06:49 AM.

Dude, nobody likes the 3DS, it's been selling like crap.

Dude, nobody likes the 3DS, it's been selling like crap.
    I like it

Sure the game line up is god awfull but further down the line its going to have been money well spent! *fingers crossed*

Sucks that they spend all their time remaking old games instead of creating good new ones.
    OoT didn't tickle your fancy?

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    OoT didn't tickle your fancy?
    OoT, is ok but not even close to as good as the online community makes it out to be. If i had to pick a fav Zelda game id go with Oracle series. I played it on the masterquest cd on gamecube, i dont need to play it 50 more times on a ds.

OoT, is ok but not even close to as good as the online community makes it out to be.
    It's not just the online community, you know. It's still the highest rated game, ever.

And I lol at you not wanting to follow whats 'popular', where have you been? It's considered KEWL to bash anything Nintendo by all the 12 year olds today.

Also for graphics ninnies I'll leave this here.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-07-29 at 09:18 PM.