Infractions Post closed thread

If someone orginates a post worthy of being closed for whatever reason, Why is it then an issue to sift threw the post and throw infractions on people after the fact?
    In the case below folks Responding to the OP the way he set up the thread are being infracted for using the same post style while the initator of the post
    Shouldn't a closed thread be the end of it?
    In one example: only in america are americans not hated on .. oh wait is an infraction even tho he bases the form of the reply according to the OP request. It also happens to be the turth, ANY country internally has members in it that hate other classes/sects of other folks in their country.

My point is, the infractions happen after the fact and the closed thread already is an adknowledgment of the thread not being the quality you guys want on here so a rule should be made that thats where it ends.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-07-30 at 02:08 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Just don't say stupid shit and you won't get infracted.

Frankly I'm sick of self-loathing Americans and I'm glad a mod finally did something about that thread.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-07-30 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Discussing infractions and bans is also against the rules fyi :- http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...les_moderating

You said stupid stuff. You got infracted. Your fault. Regardless of whether or not someone did it first.

Edit: And no, you should still get infracted if you break the rules, regardless of whether or not a thread is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Just don't say stupid shit and you won't get infracted.
    Without a rule in place There is actually no stopping anyone form taking a post form a day, month or year ago and infracting you after the fact. Thats where I'm kinda getting at. The above example is not trolling ether, but that is not the point of this.
    You shouldn't have to look over your shoulder and fear an infraction on a closed topic because you posted in the thread somewhere in it at some point.

@ rewn: I am trying to apply a constustructive opinion to something i see as off balance. Sorry you feel that I'm trying to argue someones infraction but that was just an example of a post thread closure attack on someone that i was using as an example to make my point.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-07-30 at 02:03 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Well tbh the mod that infracted those people, you included, kinda of deserve it. It's not exactly the word deserve but another one i can't find to fit better than this one. Basicly what you said, and the others, is insulting people of american by lying and i qoute "Only in America will you find a 200 pound Cheeseburger"(not gona say who said that) and other similiar comments like you said. If your purpose was to troll or anything well no wonder you got infracted but my main view here, for why you got infracted along with other people with similiar comments like yours, if for insulting someone else.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    You shouldn't have to look over your shoulder and fear an infraction on a closed topic because you posted in the thread somewhere in it at some point.
    And you won't, if you obey the rules of the forum in every topic.

Deleted
    Without a rule in place There is actually no stopping anyone form taking a post form a day, month or year ago and infracting you after the fact. Thats where I'm kinda getting at. The above example is not trolling ether, but that is not the point of this.
    Why not? You broke the rules and you got an infraction? If you posted knowing you might get an infraction, why post at all?

@ rewn: I am trying to apply a constustructive opinion to something i see as off balance. Sorry you feel that I'm trying to argue someones infraction but that was just an example of a post thread closure attack on someone that i was using as an example to make my point.
    Would you have preferred that you got infracted before the thread got closed? It makes no difference... lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but was he the ONLY mod in that section of the forums reading that thread, the ONLY one at 3pm? Either he is overreacting or the other mods need to stop sleeping. This thread will get closed but come on, if that thread had a real problem it should have been closed sooner by another mod, and if it wasn't - however, because it has that many infractions on the FIRST PAGE, it should have been closed.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

So you all believe
    Only in America... and in WoW, has bi-partisanship gotten so heated that grown men will purposely spend their entire day just making sure the other side cannot get a single productive thing done.
    Is worthy of an infraction? Because if you do, you should probably get a better education.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    I do believe your problem lies with the mod Magekid, who's acting just like that, a kid.
    That's not a very nice thing to say about my colleague, you know.

also

http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...les_moderating

Deleted

There is really nothing to discuss. You posted a comment worthy of infraction. The mod obviously closed the thread to prevent any more ill comments being made, then went through it to infract/ban all the people who had posted infraction worthy comments. Your trying to discuss a possible loophole to avoid infractions and its not going to happen. If you post a comment that can get you infracted/banned, it shouldnt matter if the thread is closed before action is taken on you.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    So you all believe

Is worthy of an infraction? Because if you do, you should probably get a better education.
    You should probably familiarize yourself with the rules of the forum a bit better, specifically the part about moderation.

Actions taken against a member of the community are not to be discussed in public on the forums. Opinions about specific moderators or moderator actions (locking, deleting threads, etc) are also not to be discussed in posts or threads.

If you have questions, remarks, suggestions or complaints about moderating in general or specific moderators, please contact our website admin through a private message.

Bans can now be appealed. More information on how to do that is provided in the private message you'll receive when banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because a thread is closed doesn't mean someone shouldn't be infracted for breaking the rules. If you break the rules in some form, you get infracted. Also, discussing moderator actions is against the rules. If you have a problem with the way something has been done PM Bibi or Sunshine about it.