High Population Time + Lag = ???

Hello

I am seeing a repeat occurance of something that is starting to annoy me as I am a full time raider, I raid Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 6pm local time (Aus east coast) till 10pm and for the past week at around 5:30pm (when I made this post) my MS in wow doubles and triples itself I also begin to DC, this is new for me and has not happened before, all my addons are up-to-date and I have used lowerping/Wowtunnels before with minimal results at best.

Can anyone please give me any advice on this please ?

Cheers

Reading this and then including some computer specs in your post will help us help you :-D

Quote Originally Posted by thekillermg View Post
    Reading this and then including some computer specs in your post will help us help you :-D
    I don't think his computer specs would affect his MS...

I don't think its the problem with WoW, it's probably your own ISPs problem when it's primetime, a lot more people are playing in your area and hogging the internet. You can't really do anything about this, I used to raid with people (in Australia) that had this problem as well during the prime time of the night. Try switching ISPs, although I know that isn't an option for many people

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't think his computer specs would affect his MS...

I don't think its the problem with WoW, it's probably your own ISPs problem when it's primetime, a lot more people are playing in your area and hogging the internet. You can't really do anything about this, I used to raid with people (in Australia) that had this problem as well during the prime time of the night. Try switching ISPs, although I know that isn't an option for many people
    Wouldn't using ping lowering services counter that though? I know it did when I had problems like that. Because doesn't ping lowering services in all reality just re-route the information being sent and received? Or am I missing something here?

Edit: Ding :-D

Quote Originally Posted by thekillermg View Post
    Wouldn't using ping lowering services counter that though? I know it did when I had problems like that. Because doesn't ping lowering services in all reality just re-route the information being sent and received? Or am I missing something here?

Edit: Ding :-D
    Lowerping wouldn't change your WoW's MS if your internet is already being laggy. Lowerping is only good for players that are far from their servers and are getting high MS because of the distance. If you have slow internet and you use lowerping, it won't change the fact that you have slow internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call your ISP (internet Service provider), tell them that at peak times your internet speed gets inconsistent and to slow and you suffer from drop outs, troubleshoot with them.

internet lag does not have to do with your computer hardware, unless you have a faulty modem, bad house wiring, bad street wiring, or Trojans leaching your net or other virus's.

do other computers on your network suffer the same issue's at the same times. a problem i had last week was a usb port i had my Wireless usb device was in a bad USB port, changing it my speeds where back to normal. Make sure you switch out your modem / filter incase one of them has failed over time. best thing to do thou is call your isp and they will check the line between your home and the exchange, they actually do run test's they arnt just being derp heads like we sometimes believe. when i first move to my new house, i had very bad net at peak times, i couldnt even surf the web, but it was perfect at day time. they ran some test's on the line and found some issue's after 3 days i got a call telling me they fixed it, and when i got home, the net was working great.

a call to your isp regarding slow speeds will never hurt. I always talk very nicely and never get angry with them, because they are people to, if someone called you and raged at you would you help them the best you could? but if someone said was nice and explained their problem the best they can, nice and calmly you would be much more willing to help them to the best of their abilities.

Good luck with your issue.