MMO-Champion Folding@Home Team
Team number is: 209552
Team name is: MMO-Champion.com
team statistics can be found here: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...teamnum=209552You can help scientists studying these diseases by simply running a piece of software.
Folding@home is a distributed computing project -- people from throughout the world download and run software to band together to make one of the largest supercomputers in the world. Every computer takes the project closer to our goals. Folding@home uses novel computational methods coupled to distributed computing, to simulate problems millions of times more challenging than previously achieved.
Protein folding is linked to disease, such as Alzheimer's, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers.
Moreover, when proteins do not fold correctly (i.e. "misfold"), there can be serious consequences, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers and cancer-related syndromes.
What is protein folding?
Proteins are biology's workhorses -- its "nanomachines." Before proteins can carry out these important functions, they assemble themselves, or "fold." The process of protein folding, while critical and fundamental to virtually all of biology, in many ways remains a mystery.
more detailed statistics from extremeoverclocking.com: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...hp?s=&t=209552
to contribute, put the team number in the team field in the client configuration
V7 and beta clients:
A couple things to note:
- If you have SLI, or Crossfire, it is best to disable them before starting up a V7 GPU client
- The V7 client will tax your system, this is not something you want to do if you have an unstable overclock, and/or lack of proper cooling, because of this, most folders tend to stop during the warmer months
- Running your system at 100% for 12-24 hours a day will increase your electric/utility bill
- New GPUs are not always supported immediately
- We can help with a few things, but if you have very technical questions about how to get your specific setup running, i would suggest asking on a dedicated folding forum
- To do BigAdv units, you must have at least 16 threads (this means no AMD Phenom/FX-8000 series, or Intel i3/i5/i7 will work for this work unit (WU) type)
Official FAQ: http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ