Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Still can't get over their "solo end game" being only dailies.
    Wait...seriously? I remember them hyping it up as if it would have a variety of activities and the like...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait...seriously? I remember them hyping it up as if it would have a variety of activities and the like...
    WELCOME TO MY LIFE EDGE.

Welcome.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, good times. I remember being crazy about Wildstar and touting how wise the sage Gaffney was. He really understood gamers and MMOs and had data to back it up. Now it has all crumbled beneath the shallow façade of words that it was. Solo end game is not only just a high level zone with dailies and rep grinds, but instead of being 'the end game' for solo players it only serves to prepare them for the 'real end game' of group content. TL, DR - they learned nothing from the last 10 years of evolution of MMOs. From payment model, to questing, to end game, not one single lesson was learned.
    BAD WOLF

If you really enjoy the double jump like I do, go explorer path. It's jump puzzles galore.

But if you're easily angered, I'd avoid explorer at all costs.

Meanwhile its going to be first NCSoft game without cash shop. At least without P2W. Aion did not have Cash shop only at start - I don't have accurate data atm.

Im willing to give them a chance. Im sure if the players want more solo endgame content they will implement it .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    Meanwhile its going to be first NCSoft game without cash shop. At least without P2W. Aion did not have Cash shop only at start - I don't have accurate data atm.
    Yeah...tell me about that P2W GW2 cash shop
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    L2/Aion didn't have cash shops at launch. I don't think Aion/L2 had one until it went F2P, for that matter. GW1 didn't have a cash shpo at launch either. Nor did City of Heroes or Tabula Rasa.

Not positive about Auto Assault or L1, but I don't think either of them had cash shops at launch either.

So the only games that have cash shops at launch for NCsoft have been Exteel (small, short lived F2P mech shooter) and GW2.

Also they haven't ruled out adding a cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah...tell me about that P2W GW2 cash shop
    Oh, well, just let me tell YOU, mister!

They have the ability to buy bag space. I don't know about the rest of you but whoever has the most bag space is obviously winning at MMOs. I am pretty sure that is what server stats measures when they rank guilds, collective bag space.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Also they haven't ruled out adding a cash shop.
    If WildStar adds a cash shop then I will lose faith in the MMO genre forever. Having CREDD is already bad enough, it is basically buying gold by proxy. The cash shop was already a dealbreaker for me when it came to ESO.
    You just lost The Game

I wouldn't mind if Wildstar offered services like race changes or server transfers(NO FACTION CHANGES GOD DAMNIT)

That's about it though. I'm not so sure about mounts, only if you could earn them in game some how then I'd have no problem.

If Wildstar even became F2P, then I would want them to adopt the SWTOR model(besides the crippling restrictions)
    Meaning you can sell/buy almost everything that's in the cash shop for ingame currency.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2014-03-18 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    If WildStar adds a cash shop then I will lose faith in the MMO genre forever.
    First off, that's pretty melodramatic.

Second, carbine is planning for it. They've already eluded to there being a "plan b" if they don't strike it rich which involves a cash shop and a different payment model.

Deleted
    they look the exact same as justice league animated tv show 2001-2005 or w/e it was. hip ratio lol.. its not a 90's thing..

i guess they they wanted a 1970's barbie look
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2014-03-18 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, well, just let me tell YOU, mister!

They have the ability to buy bag space. I don't know about the rest of you but whoever has the most bag space is obviously winning at MMOs. I am pretty sure that is what server stats measures when they rank guilds, collective bag space.
    And think of all the winning you can do with permanent, flashy graphic mining picks. The amount of currency you save after 1 trillion nodes when you break even is an unfair advantage. I can't wait until Wildstar sells housing items in a cash shop and the game is labeled P2W because it allows you to have more rested XP for leveling. I guess with leveling as tedious and boring as W* that making it to cap could be considered winning though...zing.
    BAD WOLF

If WildStar adds a cash shop then I will lose faith in the MMO genre forever. Having CREDD is already bad enough, it is basically buying gold by proxy. The cash shop was already a dealbreaker for me when it came to ESO.
    Honestly, don't expect any MMO's to launch without cash shops, or without them being planned for inclusion. They're way too big of a source of revenue to ignore, hence why the only major MMO's without one are FFXI/FFXIV (which have the boon of having a stranglehold on the Japanese market).

I don't see how having a cash shop selling cosmetic/convenience items ruins the gameplay experience though. Never could wrap my head around the concept that a cash shop that doesn't impact gameplay can somehow ruin a game.

If WildStar adds a cash shop then I will lose faith in the MMO genre forever.
    Agree. Now lets go aboard on Wildstar hypetrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I can't wait until Wildstar sells housing items in a cash shop and the game is labeled P2W because it allows you to have more rested XP for leveling. I guess with leveling as tedious and boring as W* that making it to cap could be considered winning though...zing.
    I still don't understand why a game that is centered around raiding and dungeonkeeper/arena pvp has a long leveling process?

Is it so they can someday sell exp boosts? Answer, probably.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see how having a cash shop selling cosmetic/convenience items ruins the gameplay experience though. Never could wrap my head around the concept that a cash shop that doesn't impact gameplay can somehow ruin a game.
    Every time someone buys a cash shop minipet, a raid wipes.

Everyone knows that.

Deleted
    I still don't understand why a game that is centered around raiding and dungeonkeeper/arena pvp has a long leveling process?

Is it so they can someday sell exp boosts? Answer, probably.
    resting in a house with a few items give almost a full bar of double exp (overnight).. add the daily exp buff and you already get them for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    resting in a house with a few items give almost a full bar of double exp (overnight).. add the daily exp buff and you already get them for free.
    And by free you mean with the optional subscription. huehuehue