Deleted
    God I just checked the path costumes for dominion and exiles.
    Boy am I glad I picked dominion

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    Paths do give a lot of exp after you reach path level 30
    Please tell me how this is relevant to the conversation. It's not.
    Challenges give stuff like gear, consumables or decorations and are usually based on killing same mobs you kill while questing anyways. With this stuff you basically gain more rested exp or kill stuff faster, again resulting in more exp gain per hour.
    I can't believe you just tried to say that garbage loot and housing items helps you level faster. Stop being that person. Both of those activities are a waste of time compared to doing story quests. Don't be patronizing. It's tacky.

Try helping people instead of whitewashing the fact that leveling is junk in the game. Help them get to endgame faster so they can see what there really is to do.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Please tell me how this is relevant to the conversation. It's not.
    You will be Path Level 30 around Character level 44 if you actually do those missions so doing Grimvault is a breeze.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do path stuff for path levels and perks, cosmetics and so on.

Leveling is alright it is not worse than other mmo's out there, if you are a completionist (is this even a word?) you will outlevel the zone but that is no different than other mmo's.

Leveling did not take longer for me than other games.

Deleted
    Box is ordered now, yay =) Fingers crossed now people please that the gigantic cat will be mine

10+ Year Old Account
    You will be Path Level 30 around Character level 44 if you actually do those missions so doing Grimvault is a breeze.
    Meanwhile, everyone else will have leveled 3 characters in the time you've wasted just to enable paths to give you XP. Stop being disingenuous. Just straight up tell people that paths don't give XP until you cap them out, which means in the scope of XP:time it is the absolute worst thing you could do.

The only thing it is good for is contributing towards elder gems at max level.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Box is ordered now, yay =) Fingers crossed now people please that the gigantic cat will be mine
    If you don't get it....I'll keep posting pictures of mine

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, everyone else will have leveled 3 characters in the time you've wasted just to enable paths to give you XP. Stop being disingenuous. Just straight up tell people that paths don't give XP until you cap them out, which means in the scope of XP:time it is the absolute worst thing you could do.

The only thing it is good for is contributing towards elder gems at max level.
    Doing a path does not really slow you down at all tbh

video of hoverboard eventhttps://youtu.be/RLOmdjzr82I
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2015-09-13 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Come on, people. Can we not just BS about stuff like this?

What is it about just discussing simple realities about games that makes some people so defensive and willing to lie to themselves?
    Rather strange outburst I'll change the wording a little to help you understand better, doing a path does not really slow you down! Completing all path missions, just like completing all quests in a zone, does.

And with all the new events that are incoming, the best MMO on the market just keeps getting better

What is it about just discussing simple realities about games that makes some people so defensive and willing to lie to themselves?
    The reality is that some people have other priorities than simply hitting the max level as fast as possible. For some people journey also matters, and paths (at least explorer and scientist, since settler is useful, but boring, and soldier is just boring) help immensely in the enjoyment department. At least they do for me. So yeah, if you do all the path quests, it will slow down your leveling. The question is: do you care? If you do, then you can by all means skip the path.

And then again, ONLY scientist and explorer should slow you down, since they often take you to places you wouldn't visit during usual questing. Settler does 90% of the missions in the hubs and gets materials from mobs, so there is no farming and exploring involved, and the grand majority of soldier missions are located in the same places you do normal quests.

There's the whole truth to paths. It's a double-sided coin, no denying that. Everyone has to decide their priorities themselves, and you can't just say that they are useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Settler is actually the worst, since it requires the most farming.

Scientist has been made super easy with them pointing out the location of datacubes now.

My bad, then. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't get it either. I want people to know up front what the deal is so they can decide what they want to do. I don't want them going 'oh boy, look at all this content I can do...wait...none of the last 3 hours of play even got me one level. Wtf is going on?'

The problem is they designed all that content for the 'I don't care how fast I level people' which these days are a pretty low percentage of the population. Realistically they just need to buff or add XP to everything, even challenges, if they want it as viable diversity of leveling content. They haven't made any attempts to do that, so for now you are better off doing all of that at level cap. I wish someone had given me this info, b/c XP gains and TTK was changing so much in beta I didn't know what to think.

(subjective opinions to follow)
    Part of it is just a leftover from the design process of making leveling 'hard'. At one point they were bragging about how long leveling took and how long their TTK was. Do we all remember that? Yeah...unfortunately they only gave leveling a band-aid instead of the deep, holistic changes it needed.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Settler is actually the worst, since it requires the most farming.
    I haven't tried explorer, but of the ones I've played I prefer settler the most. I actually feel useful and shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I haven't tried explorer, but of the ones I've played I prefer settler the most. I actually feel useful and shit.
    Explorer is the most fun (to me) but also the most time consuming. It's definitely the completionist path and I strongly recommend not going out of your way to do any of it until max level. It has jump 'puzzles', vistas from GW2, and some other neat things. That and scientist are the only ones I actively enjoy. Settler and Soldier feel like gathering grinds or kill grinds respectively.
    BAD WOLF

Explorer is the most fun (to me) but also the most time consuming. It's definitely the completionist path and I strongly recommend not going out of your way to do any of it until max level. It has jump 'puzzles', vistas from GW2, and some other neat things. That and scientist are the only ones I actively enjoy. Settler and Soldier feel like gathering grinds or kill grinds respectively.
    Yeah, I'll probably end up rolling with explorer on whatever alt I end up creating, it's the only other path that seems interesting (didn't enjoy scientist much and warrior was dreadful)

Deleted
    I kinda like soldier tbh :P
    That and the dominion outfit for solddier looks neat.
    Well... all the dominion outfits look neat compared to their exile counterparts with maybe the exception of scientist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Paths should still be due for another rework i would guess, settler is useful but still i found it rather grindy.

I'm excited about giving this game one more go. Had not clicked the last couple of times, but I've usually had a theme park to occupy me.

That slot is empty, and I'm ready to embrace the sociopathic rabbit person in me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dat Delorian Hoverboard:
    BAD WOLF