Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    any words of top EU guilds moving to Wildstar?
    Don't be silly, top WoW guilds won't move to Wildstar until they can safely assume that the game will be able to sustain itself off subs and that Carbine will be dishing out content at least nearly as frequently as Blizzard does. I'm sure a lot of players from top guilds will be trying out Wildstar, just as they do with every new MMORPG, and I hope some will transfer for good, but yeah, we'll have to wait a few months to see that I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    "The one thing that sets the Wildstar 'new player' experience apart from other MMOs is how awful it is. The game is fun enough once you get into it, even if it does become a bit rote, but there are a ton of things which aren't explained well that you just have to figure out yourself.

I get that the game is meant for more of a hardcore audience, but I feel as though the onboarding process is going to kill a lot of interest for the game. Even some of my MMO veteran friends have been turned off by the minimal introduction to the fundamentals of the game.

Likewise for questing. Lots of quests consist of an NPC rambling on about some problem without actually telling you what they want you to do. It makes me feel less bad about ignoring all the quest text, but it's still pretty ridiculous when 100% of what you're told is fluff and flavor text; it makes the game feel like it was designed for people who don't care about the story and just click 'accept' on every quest and then do the quest-by-waypoint 'kill anything with an icon' approach, and then afterwards they went back and added dialogue to the NPCs without actually looking at what the quest is for.
    For me that is the best part about questing the way they have it set up. I don't feel bad about not reading the quest text at all, because they aren't trying to force a story down your throat by making you to read everything said in every quest just to get an idea of what is going on and why.
    If your focus is on learning the story, then you are more than likely going to be the same kind of person that wants to explore everything, so them putting random books and datacubes in random places in the world is beneficial to both sides.
    Side A just wants to get questing out of the way, and is going to just click accept either way.
    Side B wants to learn the story, so they will sit and read long winded quest text just to learn about the world.
    The way they have it set up seems very reasonable.
    They give you plot points through cutscenes, so just watching that at least gives you some idea of what is going on in your area. People who just hit accept without reading quests who want to learn about the world at some point can still do it. People who want to learn about the world don't have to stand around waiting for someone to tell them about it, which gives them more time to explore the world.

The questing experience is far from perfect, but for me not feeling like I HAVE to read quest text or I will miss the entire story just feels a lot better than the other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    May sound stupid but I recently pre ordered this (4 days ago to be exact) but never recieved a beta key/a link to download the game? Anything I'm missing or has the beta stopped for now?
    just to add, since another poster partially answered you, the servers are currently down; while you can download the game, you cant play until the 8th when the open beta begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    For me that is the best part about questing the way they have it set up. I don't feel bad about not reading the quest text at all, because they aren't trying to force a story down your throat by making you to read everything said in every quest just to get an idea of what is going on and why.
    I prefer truncated VA and detailed text.
    IE:
    Quest Giver says: Stop those dang chrome-domes from destroying the ship!
    Quest Text says: There's saboteur drones ripping up the engine! The core is going to overload if you don't (blah blah blah for 2 pages)

The Voice acting is short, 5-15 seconds, but it still clearly outlines the where, what, why, who, how, ect.
    Then, the text gives the rich lore for those who are into that.

Both provide a sense of immersion to the different styles of questing.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2014-05-06 at 11:18 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I prefer truncated VA and detailed text.
    IE:
    Quest Giver says: Stop those dang chrome-domes from destroying the ship!
    Quest Text says: There's saboteur drones ripping up the engine! The core is going to overload if you don't (blah blah blah for 2 pages)

The Voice acting is short, 5-15 seconds, but it still clearly outlines the where, what, why, who, how, ect.
    Then, the text gives the rich lore for those who are into that.

Both provide a sense of immersion to the different styles of questing.
    Yeah, that way is cool too. Only problem I have with that way is that having unique voice acting for every quest is very expensive, and requires more from my poor old computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious!

Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

what ppl r doing with housing is sick !!! and i was happy with my house that i will never visit again

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked questing as an Aurin, but when I tried the other faction I thought it was way to cartoonishly "Evile" for my tastes, so I guess I will stay on the "Good" side :P
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I liked questing as an Aurin, but when I tried the other faction I thought it was way to cartoonishly "Evile" for my tastes, so I guess I will stay on the "Good" side :P
    Yea there isn't suppose to be a line of good and evil between the factions but there clearly is...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yea there isn't suppose to be a line of good and evil between the factions but there clearly is...
    Near as I can tell the only sort of evil thing about the exiles is the Mordesh... and even then I think I'd classify them as more neutral than evil.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Near as I can tell the only sort of evil thing about the exiles is the Mordesh... and even then I think I'd classify them as more neutral than evil.
    I see Mordesh more as like Lawful Evil. Like that quest where you have to pickup pieces of dead Aurins so that they can piece one together just to see what happens, so they can learn something new.
    IDK, that's the impression that I got from that quest anyways. Pursuit of knowledge at any cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you been reading the quests and stuff lol? Good god, torture this guy, brain wipe that guy, kill these dudes just chillin!
    You're a towel.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the Auroria questline, the Exiles poison a town full of innocent Dominion civilians, killing many in the process, and the Dominion player has to work to find and distribute a cure. Or something.

I only quested as Dominion up to level 17 during the first preorder weekend before rerolling Exile, so I'm sure others who have quested through Whitevale (or higher) will be able to provide more examples. The Exiles aren't total "goody two-shoes" though.
    Last edited by Aethrysa; 2014-05-07 at 04:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how is the game moving along to its launch? Normally games like this are filled with bugs but just wondering how it is doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    So how is the game moving along to its launch? Normally games like this are filled with bugs but just wondering how it is doing now.
    Very few bugs, and the bugs that are there, are minor things, like UI problems that can be fixed easy.

Open beta starts on the 8th if you would like to try out the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Not as many bugs as things that just need to be fine tuned.

Warrior threat/early level dps is pretty low compared to others. Other classes overall are pretty balanced, repair costs could be a little bit lower by a 1/3 and theres a few occurences whether I can't determine whether something is a bug or intentional due to the beta cap.

Other than that, I'd say this game is pretty good to launch, as long as we don't have another issue like we had last friday with a major game crashing bug the game is pretty solid so far from what I've played it. I'm sure there will be issues with post 25 content, but I don't think it'll be beyond game breaking like some other launches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Oh I dont know. I did a questline as Exile where I turned on the drills in an obvious gorgeous glade with waterfalls. That didn't exactly feel "good".
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Don't be silly, top WoW guilds won't move to Wildstar until they can safely assume that the game will be able to sustain itself off subs and that Carbine will be dishing out content at least nearly as frequently as Blizzard does. I'm sure a lot of players from top guilds will be trying out Wildstar, just as they do with every new MMORPG, and I hope some will transfer for good, but yeah, we'll have to wait a few months to see that I guess.
    Obviously I did not expect Method to be moving to Wildstar, however since I did hear well known names like D&T Premonition and Blood Legion in the NA side I thought maybe there are similar well known names joinin from the EU side.

may sound stupid, but I heard somewhere that we will earn a boom boxes for every day we play a beta, I didn't receive mine ??