The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At this point it feels like they are trying every other MMO's succesful strategies and designs and not being able to hit any of them. I'm trying really, really hard not to lose all interest in this game because I liked their concepts and sense of humor, but everything coming from them now is disheartening.

I can't tell if it's because everything is getting rushed, if they are losing the drive they had 5 years ago, or if they just really never had it but talk a good game.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    And I officially don't see the point of the web comic. The last installment was awful... Great presentation, but there was no substance
    Going to have to agree with this. I thought it was supposed to reveal more about these characters. They've not even shown us one thing we don't know about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup the hype for this game is dying fast, which is certainly not a good thing for them.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    You can set dodge to double tap.

As to the reticule... maybe? I use Lan. And yeah, pretty sure kai is gay.
    Who is Kai?
    What does this have to do with wildstar :/?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Yup the hype for this game is dying fast, which is certainly not a good thing for them.
    They'll have a chance to rebuild it, but I worry after this recent showing that they aren't up to it. It's why I said I wish they'd just announce an official hiatus on publicity, including closing down W*W, and just get back to us next year. I'd be ok with a simple social media update campaign, news monthly if ever, and save all the good stuff until they really have their feet down on the game.

I wonder if they are trying to keep this up because they will be forced to release the game too early. I'm imagining they need a full year to really 'fix' the game, but I supposed their window is much smaller.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    They'll have a chance to rebuild it, but I worry after this recent showing that they aren't up to it. It's why I said I wish they'd just announce an official hiatus on publicity, including closing down W*W, and just get back to us next year. I'd be ok with a simple social media update campaign, news monthly if ever, and save all the good stuff until they really have their feet down on the game.

I wonder if they are trying to keep this up because they will be forced to release the game too early. I'm imagining they need a full year to really 'fix' the game, but I supposed their window is much smaller.
    This news depresses me.
    Bar already killled my hype but now I'm losing interest. "oh someone posted in the wildstar thread..meh..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    At this point it feels like they are trying every other MMO's succesful strategies and designs and not being able to hit any of them. I'm trying really, really hard not to lose all interest in this game because I liked their concepts and sense of humor, but everything coming from them now is disheartening.

I can't tell if it's because everything is getting rushed, if they are losing the drive they had 5 years ago, or if they just really never had it but talk a good game.
    I saw something similar happen with WAR during development. Mythic really thought they had a winning formula. Really thought they knew what the market was looking for, mechanics, progression, layout, etc, etc... Yet the further they got into Closed Beta, the more they discovered they were wrong.

They took a break from Closed Beta, and then switched to "Focus Testing," trying to fix it. And, well, we know how that turned out. I hope it turns out better for WildStar but I must admit that nothing they've been showing lately has impressed me.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly just at the point where I'm canning my hype and saving it for closer to release. I will NOT give up on this game - it seems to be exactly what I want out of a game (from what I can tell, anyway, I'm not in the beta) but I don't wanna be pissing my pants in excitement for 6 months straight. Because you can't hold that level of excitement for 6 months. (or that much pee?)

So... TIME TO BE PREOCCUPIED UNTIL SOMETHING COOL HAPPENS! Pokemon comes out in a month, I still have Animal Crossing and FFXIV for now, and I'm starting college again soon, so... I don't mind waiting. /tapfoot
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    This news depresses me.
    Bar already killled my hype but now I'm losing interest. "oh someone posted in the wildstar thread..meh..."
    Us too. We haven't had anything really positive to talk about in a long time. Their con circuit did little to change that. I think the race reveal (which everyone knew already) was the last bit of exciting positive news.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I saw something similar happen with WAR during development. Mythic really thought they had a winning formula. Really thought they knew what the market was looking for, mechanics, progression, layout, etc, etc... Yet the further they got into Closed Beta, the more they discovered they were wrong.
    That sounds eerily accurate. I do not want to see that happen to this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I'm honestly just at the point where I'm canning my hype and saving it for closer to release.
    Me too, but it's going to have some potentially serious drawbacks. I'm rediscovering my love of WoW, thoroughly enjoying XIV and may not have a spot or care for W* when the time comes. Let's hope they have some really, really big and well designed guns to hit us with in a year.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Their strategy is actually really witty.
    Hype is just building up around Wildstar not having enough hype!
    Checked the forums on a few sites (and here as well) and people have started talking about it!

Impressive is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    An open question to the thread:

I have been following W* loosely so as not to overhype, but recently posts have been lukewarm if not completely cold. What's causing the dissension? Is it just a lack of any substantial updates?

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    An open question to the thread:

I have been following W* loosely so as not to overhype, but recently posts have been lukewarm if not completely cold. What's causing the dissension? Is it just a lack of any substantial updates?
    CBT3 did not go over well with the beta testers. A lot of their ideas are old ideas from other MMOs that have ether been improved or are about the same. They are going back and redoing a lot of stuff for CBT4 in an effort to make the game enjoyable. I am hoping that they do, otherwise they may find launch day to be pretty depressing.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    CBT3 did not go over well with the beta testers. A lot of their ideas are old ideas from other MMOs that have ether been improved or are about the same. They are going back and redoing a lot of stuff for CBT4 in an effort to make the game enjoyable. I am hoping that they do, otherwise they may find launch day to be pretty depressing.
    Ahh that is a shame. I won't ask for specifics, NDA and all, but I remember really liking a lot of their videos. Player housing looked incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh that is a shame. I won't ask for specifics, NDA and all, but I remember really liking a lot of their videos. Player housing looked incredible.
    I don`t know why MMOs nowadays are so focused on player housing. I don`t even think theres a large enough market for that (personal experience in mmos with player housing).

Either way, back to WoW for me I guess. Tried about everything on the market. Disappointed by most stuff. Sadly, whatever I play only makes me appreciate WoW more :<

10+ Year Old Account
    The rediscovering of love for WoW strikes me. I quit WoW because of the cash shop + sub model, so I still love the lore/gameplay, but as I play FFXIV, I don't find myself missing WoW. The only thing I miss is not having the most convoluted bullshit profession system EVER.

I mean, when I was playing WoW, I found myself missing what WoW USED to be for me, but in MoP my guild broke up and my server howled its death rattle, so I realized that what made the game was friends. And without them, I don't miss WoW... because we're all on XIV now and will be on W* when it comes out unless it's going to try having a cash shop + sub. Maybe I'm just not hard to please.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    I don`t know why MMOs nowadays are so focused on player housing. I don`t even think theres a large enough market for that (personal experience in mmos with player housing).
    Wildstar's player housing was levels above anything else (as I understood it from the video at least). Like creating raid portals, crafting stations, etc. That is useful. I'm not a big player housing supporter but I would be down to try something like that.

Wildstar's player housing was levels above anything else (as I understood it from the video at least). Like creating raid portals, crafting stations, etc. That is useful. I'm not a big player housing supporter but I would be down to try something like that.
    Really... depends on how you define 'above anything else'. You should look up some of the creations people in Rift have made.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmjQbcXqTW0

^ those things are made of things like bricks and singles.

This week's new information:

Group PvE content that has been announced so far:

Housing Expeditions
    "Shiphands"
    Adventures / Dungeons (Adventures take slightly more time than dungeons)
    Veteran Adventures / Veteran Dungeons
    Raids

There will be 4 dungeons and 6 adventures in the launch, and of course veteran versions of all of those.

There will be instance content to experience every 5 levels, starting from level 15 up to level cap.

"Shiphands" are designed to take 15-45 minutes and scale from 1 to 5 man. They are designed to be quick bursts of fun, something to do inbetween leveling so you don't get bored of simply questing.

"Shiphands" will reward lesser gear than dungeons.

"Shiphands" are repeatable.

There is no veteran version of shiphands planned for the launch.
    Last edited by 1NF4M0UZ; 2013-09-13 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1NF4M0UZ View Post
    This week's new information:

PvE group content:

Housing Expeditions
    "Shiphands"
    Adventures / Dungeons (Adventures take slightly more time than dungeons)
    Veteran Adventures / Veteran Dungeons
    Raids

There will be 4 dungeons and 6 adventures, and of course veteran versions of all of those.

There will be instance content to experience every 5 levels, starting from level 15 up to level cap.

"Shiphands" are designed to take 15-45 minutes and scale from 1 to 5 man. They are designed to be quick bursts of fun, something to do inbetween leveling so you don't get bored of simply questing.

"Shiphands" will reward lesser gear than dungeons.

"Shiphands" are repeatable.

There is no veteran version of shiphands planned for the launch.
    So, basically scalable chronicles from rift?
    :/

So much for "solo end game". I am getting the feeling they are rapidly scaling back on their goals.

They haven't said anything yet about endgame solo content or small group content. Shiphands are purely leveling content, something that is meant to take you elsewhere for a little while, see little different scenery and break the pattern of continuous leveling for a moment. I will edit my post to include "PVE group content we know about, so far".

Edit:

Carbine - Caydiem:

There are no veteran Shiphands planned for launch, but that might be something we'll look into in the future.

They're similar to Chronicles in a way, but not quite the same -- Chronicles were made in large part for players to experience the concepts and stories around a raid when they weren't the raiding type; they reused raid instances (or cities) and spawned new content there in instance form. WoW Scenarios were similar in the sense that they made use out of spaces in the open world they felt were interesting.

Shiphands are a bit different. Instead of rehashing a place you've already been, the Shiphand mission will take you somewhere new -- most often on a large spaceship of some kind. Think of all the sci-fi shows out there that take place in space. Star Trek, Firefly, Farscape -- what happens most often is that something has gone catastrophically wrong in the ship somewhere. We like to play with those themes and settings. You're not going to find an out-and-out parody or rip directly from an episode you may have seen, but we do like playing with a lot of the common tropes. Parasites, alien abduction, technology gone awry -- we couch many of these shiphands in broad concepts you'll be familiar with if you're familiar with sci-fi at all.

Shiphands are, at the moment, purely leveling content; they are extended missions that change your venue for a while if you find one of these fine things while questing. We have a lot of crazy ideas moving forward.

Source: http://wildstar-central.com/index.ph...26#post-149326
    Last edited by 1NF4M0UZ; 2013-09-13 at 09:59 PM.