Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You sound like one of those players who is never happy with any game. I see them a lot jumping around from MMO to MMO...most of those players at least manage to get to level cap before abandoning ship though, do you have some sort of undiagnosed ADD/ADHD or something? Serious question.
    No I am very happy with WoW raiding, it's just Blizzard seems to think it's cool to only support half an expansion. So the other half I am left to wander around like a zombie yelling "raiiiiiiiddss".

And no I don't have adhd. I just hate questing, why is that so hard to understand? I also hate fps games and platformers but again, no adhd. The amount of focus you need to do heroic raiding negates your question anyways.

You can level via dungeons/IAs/warfronts in Rift, I don't think that's what your issue is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    No I am very happy with WoW raiding, it's just Blizzard seems to think it's cool to only support half an expansion. So the other half I am left to wander around like a zombie yelling "raiiiiiiiddss".
    Lol. Well, if you want to raid then just suck it up, it doesn't take THAT long to level.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I know right, I have an uncle who fought in Vietnam and was a POW, he always said the worst part of being a POW was when they tortured you by making you quest in an MMO for 50+ hours.

This is exactly what I am talking about, I know for children christmas never seems to come at all and in an adults perception of the passing of time they are stunned at just how little time that actually is, which seems shorter and shorter as you get older. When you exagerate minor details to make them seem important you make it hard for the rest of us to take you seriously. In the entire expansion of mop I spent 18 hours getting to max level and 2 years in the endgame, which is 17,520 hours.

What I find torturous is people complaining playing a fucking video game is torture because they had to do something for a couple days that they didn't enjoy to get to the part they do enjoy.
    The irony in you writing this and then talking about being taken seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

You can level via dungeons/IAs/warfronts in Rift, I don't think that's what your issue is.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. Well, if you want to raid then just suck it up, it doesn't take THAT long to level.
    At the time I was playing Rift it was right before free to play, so the servers were dead and the queue times were bad. I tried leveling through dungeons but it was taking forever. Whereas you get a queue in WoW constantly all the way up in 5 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I know right, I have an uncle who fought in Vietnam and was a POW, he always said the worst part of being a POW was when they tortured you by making you quest in an MMO for 50+ hours.

This is exactly what I am talking about, I know for children christmas never seems to come at all and in an adults perception of the passing of time they are stunned at just how little time that actually is, which seems shorter and shorter as you get older. When you exagerate minor details to make them seem important you make it hard for the rest of us to take you seriously. In the entire expansion of mop I spent 18 hours getting to max level and 2 years in the endgame, which is 17,520 hours.

What I find torturous is people complaining playing a fucking video game is torture because they had to do something for a couple days that they didn't enjoy to get to the part they do enjoy.
    I lulz'd.

That was actually pretty clever Dead, even if presented in a smart ass manner. :P

At the time I was playing Rift it was right before free to play, so the servers were dead and the queue times were bad. I tried leveling through dungeons but it was taking forever. Whereas you get a queue in WoW constantly all the way up in 5 mins.
    I came back to the game right after it went F2P and I leveled via group content the whole way, dungeon queues popped fast for me just like in WoW but I was usually in a healing role. Not sure how the game is now...I know they just released another tier of raiding, though, might be worth checking out.

Except there are chinese prisons where they force prisoners to grind.

Deleted
    Does anyone have a 7day guest pass going please? would very much like to try this game out and see all the merits for myself

PM me and I would be eternally grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    C.R.E.D.D. is live, what's it look like in-game atm?
    Hmmm.... to buy CREDD or not to buy CREDD, that is the question... part of the problem is I have no idea how much gold it would need to sell for to make me feel like it was worthwhile.

Not everyone likes that crap. I like raiding. That's it. But companies for some reason won't let me raid until I do a bunch of useless bullshit for 50+ hours. Imagine buying a racing game, and you start it up and they say "Oh hey, we know you love to race but we're going to need you to take this gun and go kill some germans for 50 hours first". Imaging being forced to trudge through COD style fps bullshit before you're allowed to play some forza.

That's what I'm dealing with. I don't like questing, I don't like leveling, it's torture to me. I have abandoned toons all over the place because of it. I have a level 30 in Rift, a level 27 in SWTOR, a guy in Secret World who doesn't have a level because they don't use levels but they still make you grind out questing, a level 42 in ESO, and a level 19 in FFXIV. All these games are making me do something I don't want to do because no game will just let me buy it and raid. Telling me to go play another game isn't helpful since there is no other game.
    Worst analogy i've read in a long time. Do the questing and get to the end game its not that bad. If you hate questing why even play MMO's? You would think that after buying 3-4 games with leveling that would be it.

Ooops you did it again! Thanks for the lulz at work!
    Last edited by Drae58; 2014-06-10 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drae58 View Post
    If you hate questing why even play MMO's?
    Because I like raiding, keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Hmmm.... to buy CREDD or not to buy CREDD, that is the question... part of the problem is I have no idea how much gold it would need to sell for to make me feel like it was worthwhile.
    I'm very curious at the initial prices people. With so few 50s and the economy still stabilizing, could end up being a steal this early in the game (reading on reddit that some guys are buying it for between 3-5 plat).
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Umm...the amount of vitriol being tossed about because someone doesn't like one facet of an MMO is astounding. It's perfectly valid to say they don't enjoy leveling and there's a pretty good philosophical discussion to be had regarding removing leveling and just having normal content in an MMO from second 1. There are also different ways to handle leveling that hasn't been done yet. People need to lighten up and understand everyone is different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    I'm very curious at the initial prices people. With so few 50s and the economy still stabilizing, could end up being a steal this early in the game (reading on reddit that some guys are buying it for between 3-5 plat).
    Yeah the prices are way, way too low because people are desperate for plat.
    BAD WOLF

Because I like raiding, keep up.
    Sorry, this is impossible.

If you don't enjoy killing 8 boars or collecting 4 apples... you clearly can not enjoy fighting giant bosses with a large group of your friends.

Not possible.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah the prices are way, way too low because people are desperate for plat.
    Was wondering which way the market would swing. I know there's not going to be a ton of money in the economy so I was curious as to whether CREDD prices would drop to accommodate that or whether CREDD sellers would hold out and try to hold an inflated initial price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    If you don't enjoy killing 800 boars or collecting 4 thousand apples... you clearly can not enjoy fighting giant bosses with a large group of your friends
    I updated your quote to match Wildstar's quest design.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted

If you don't enjoy killing 8 boars or collecting 4 apples... you clearly can not enjoy fighting giant bosses with a large group of your friends.

Not possible.
    erm that's completely possible I f****** hate dailies with an utter passion but like raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Umm...the amount of vitriol being tossed about because someone doesn't like one facet of an MMO is astounding. It's perfectly valid to say they don't enjoy leveling and there's a pretty good philosophical discussion to be had regarding removing leveling and just having normal content in an MMO from second 1. There are also different ways to handle leveling that hasn't been done yet. People need to lighten up and understand everyone is different.

Not possible.
    <3 you guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Was wondering which way the market would swing. I know there's not going to be a ton of money in the economy so I was curious as to whether CREDD prices would drop to accommodate that or whether CREDD sellers would hold out and try to hold an inflated initial price.
    The housing and mount bonanza, repair costs, amount of customization and dyes have driven people mad with platinum fever. They need it right now or else their house won't get more decorations. I'm not judging this behavior, I'm saying that's how good it is.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    This was a really good analogy. Personally I think that the leveling experience gives a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment at attaining a level-capped character...I remember the first time I got a character to level cap in WoW, I was new to MMOs and it took several months, getting to 70 was a fantastic feeling.

Disciples have you ever gotten to level cap in a game? o.O Honestly I don't think MMOs are for you if you detest leveling that much. Or stick to WoW and buy level capped characters for $60 from the Blizzard store.

The one thing that I have learned from the purchased 90s is that skipping that leveling experience more often than not leads to players who do not understand their class well and do not perform well in a raid environment. They are just simply not ready for raiding. I think most of our experiences in LFR that first week or so after boosted characters were introduced would attest to that.

Can't take anyone seriously who links a Preach video, one of the worst nubs on the internet who talks crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    erm that's completely possible I f****** hate dailies with an utter passion but like raiding
    Bob is... indeed lost.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -