Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There is way too many elemental attacks to do that with the already 18 other stats. PvP would be forever fucked.

There is Technology resistance though. 3 types of damage in the game. Melee, Magic, technology.
    Tech stacking stalker.

Get back to the hemorrage 1.11 rogue days... ALL THE BLEED DAMAGE!!! >:O
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of things said about stats in the last few pages are completely wrong. I just thought I would throw that out there. Additionally, the multiple levels of stats are to allow the crafting system to really shine. Once people have a chance to see it, I imagine it will all make sense.

PS- from what I hear, each stat is different based on the class you play. And the way it is set up...yeah...not going to see stacking unless they completely fubar itemization and scaling in the future.
    BAD WOLF

Question. Is Wildstar's world seamless like Azeroth? I'm really getting sick of instanced zones, WoW's seamless zones is starting to look like a rare thing these days.
    There's going to be flying mounts, so maybe that's a good chance they will be. It would be kind of annoying to fly into a loading screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Question. Is Wildstar's world seamless like Azeroth?
    Not sure how to answer that fully without breaking the NDA, I guess it's ok to say it's mostly seamless. I don't think it will annoy you anyway.

Question. Is Wildstar's world seamless like Azeroth? I'm really getting sick of instanced zones, WoW's seamless zones is starting to look like a rare thing these days.
    There's going to be flying mounts, so maybe that's a good chance they will be. It would be kind of annoying to fly into a loading screen.
    Yes it is pretty much like WoW. It is seamless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtK-8sUazUs

19:27 in this video.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1NF4M0UZ View Post
    I don´t have any asumptions, I have speculations and pure imagination. You on the other hand have asumptions based on no information. We have so far seen total 4 seconds of raid material, yet you are already telling us how raid gear will drawf dungeon gear and be omnipotent like it has been in other games. Asumptions based on no data are just guesses, yet you come out in your wording like you are telling the absolute truth. Needless to say, you are undebateable.
    I have to agree with zito on this one, unless in the 'solo content' raiding gear gets downscaled (which i highly doubt), end game gear will always beat solo gear.
    Even if you need less hit to do that content, the overall better stats should make it still better. Unless solo gear has some really weird stats that makes it to be the king, but in that case then either solo gear will be better in raiding than raiding gear or solo gear's stats will be completly useless in end game and transation between solo and raiding content will require two entire different item set
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2013-11-18 at 06:44 AM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Yes it is pretty much like WoW. It is seamless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtK-8sUazUs

19:27 in this video.
    Alright thanks. So glad for the seamless world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I would not be surprised if we saw something like this

For stats in PvP.
    I keep both the Pokemon thread and the Wildstar thread open in two tabs right next to each other, and for a moment, I got really confused.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Just throwing this out there but, WoW has never been a completely seamless world. You still have loading screens when you change continents, and you always have. Yes it's more seamless than many other games... but I wouldn't describe it as completely seamless. A completely seamless MMO would be nifty though.

I'm on zito side, too. I dont think that we will see three sets of gear at the same stat-sum with different weights regarding PvE, PvP, Solo. In my opinion they will stick to the usuall: PvP and PvE will be the Top-Sets and Solo will be some points lower as something like a collectable entry gear to both of them.

And I dont know why you defend W* that heavily against Zitos opinion. This is a board to discuss, not to neglect opions. You dont know the truth about those gear sets the same way we dont know it. Don't be like your above other! Thats *sigh* bad behavior...

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i want one stat to reduce the damage of all magic in the same way that armor does. and i want that stat to be either something like "100 armor & 50 resistance on item A, and 50 armor & 100 resistance on item B" or simply as something that replaces secondary stats on gear, like crit or deflect. i'm assuming that is what they're going for.
    This would be good design and make the game overall more believable. Also I would get heavy interested into tanking . However, I dont think that we will see MR as a normal Itemstat like Armor. We will likely have to suffer and give up other potential stats... :/
    Last edited by Keren; 2013-11-18 at 12:47 PM.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I still haven't watched the esper stream.

Is there anything good from it that's worth gleaning? I need to sit down and watch it but I just don't have the time right now. :/
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    This would be good design and make the game overall more believable. Also I would get heavy interested into tanking . However, I dont think that we will see MR as a normal Itemstat like Armor. We will likely have to suffer and give up other potential stats... :/
    agreed :/

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Man, I still haven't watched the esper stream.

Is there anything good from it that's worth gleaning? I need to sit down and watch it but I just don't have the time right now. :/
    i found it better than the warrior one, as they are showing some dungeon and pvp play. it's also quite a bit shorter.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't have the time right now. :/
    Yeah I'm sure you're just super bummed about that. I know what you've been doing this weekend. Probably climbing a mountain or skateboarding. You know, those weird real life hobbies people have >.>
    BAD WOLF

Deleted

i found it better than the warrior one, as they are showing some dungeon and pvp play. it's also quite a bit shorter.
    yeh, I would agree with that. While I prefer the warrior, and have no interest in the Esper I still found the Esper video more interesting than the warrior version and they showed a good mix of gameplay. It was about 45 mins long, instead of the Warrior 1hr15.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah I'm sure you're just super bummed about that. I know what you've been doing this weekend. Probably climbing a mountain or skateboarding. You know, those weird real life hobbies people have >.>
    I've seen where you've been. Mister Kelimbror.

My real life hobby is drawing, I'm too much of a weak little poop to climb mountains.

And yeah I want to watch the esper stream with my boyfriend who hasn't been where I've been, so no, no time. xD

I am quite interested in the dungeons, actually. Haven't seen any other than the one snippet they showed waaaay back when. I was really intrigued by the interview posted a few days back because of what he said on the sheer damn number on encounters in any one dungeon.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-11-18 at 03:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    I'm on zito side, too. I dont think that we will see three sets of gear at the same stat-sum with different weights regarding PvE, PvP, Solo. In my opinion they will stick to the usuall: PvP and PvE will be the Top-Sets and Solo will be some points lower as something like a collectable entry gear to both of them.

And I dont know why you defend W* that heavily against Zitos opinion. This is a board to discuss, not to neglect opions. You dont know the truth about those gear sets the same way we dont know it. Don't be like your above other! Thats *sigh* bad behavior...

Why are you assuming that the solo stats will have normal stats on it? it could be that they add stats that will make doing paths easier. like improved running speed or jumping or stuff like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen where you've been. Mister Kelimbror.

My real life hobby is drawing, I'm too much of a weak little poop to climb mountains.

And yeah I want to watch the esper stream with my boyfriend who hasn't been where I've been, so no, no time. xD

I am quite interested in the dungeons, actually. Haven't seen any other than the one snippet they showed waaaay back when. I was really intrigued by the interview posted a few days back because of what he said on the sheer damn number on encounters in any one dungeon.
    I just love that they kept wiping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceale View Post
    I just love that they kept wiping.
    They did?

Like I said, I haven't seen the stream yet.

Did they wipe because it was too hard for them or were they like showcasing mechanics and how hard they hit?

10+ Year Old Account
    They did?

Like I said, I haven't seen the stream yet.

Did they wipe because it was too hard for them or were they like showcasing mechanics and how hard they hit?
    Partially because the tank kept pulling too much, and partially because the healer was distracted with, you know, doing the livestream.

But no, they weren't wiping intentionally, and it's pretty hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceale View Post
    Partially because the tank kept pulling too much, and partially because the healer was distracted with, you know, doing the livestream.

But no, they weren't wiping intentionally, and it's pretty hilarious.
    Reminds me of that one wowcrendor video. "I'M GONNA PULL THE ENTIRE INSTANCE!"