Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    As of right now I'll be on the RP server... though some people are kicking up a fuss about it for some reason so I might end up being on a regular PvE server.
    Ah, you have friends among the "rp is gay" crowd.

Deleted
    Does anybody else think that only having 1 EU English speaking PVP realm is a really bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Whats the rp server fuss? Does it have something to do with paying parking tickets?
    These are the general concerns:
    • Concern if we are on a RP server people will be picked on/yelled at for not RP'ing
    • Concern if we look at doing a guild alliance or something our guild might not be liked because it won't be considered an RP name
    • Concern people will report them for not having good RP names
    • Concern that RP realms usually tend to be smaller so we might not be able to get enough people to raid

Those are the main ones and almost all of them are moot points :/

Deleted
    Can't decide which Race for my Esper... would like to play Mordesh, but too bad you cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Total Lockdown View Post
    Ah, you have friends among the "rp is gay" crowd.
    I suspect this is also playing a part but no one has owned up to it as yet.

Deleted
    As the only experience I have with PvP servers(which I played on for the first 4 years of my wow career) is getting killed by lvl 60/70's trying to do quests in hillsbrad and STV or people killing all the quest NPCS and guards essentially forcing me to lvl another character or stop playing(thought this did happen on Pve servers as well though a lot less frequently). There was some 60v60 battles but it was far from worth all the suffering from getting corpsecamped by a maxlvl char, PvE servers are my only choice now a days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Does anybody else think that only having 1 EU English speaking PVP realm is a really bad idea?
    incredibly bad. It's not like Europe only has three languages ... guess where all the other languages will play?

Deleted
    Indeed, lol, 2 PVE servers and 1 RP-PVE server for each of the 3 languages, except French which has 1 less PVE server for some reason.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    guess where all the other languages will play?
    Probably among the additional EU-PVP-Eng servers they open when the first one gets full. You know, since these aren't the definite, final, no way of changing it ever server lists.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Really depends on the number of people they intend for a server to hold. But its potentially got a problem, it'll more than likely be the largest eu server though. Definitely at release, may change as PvE servers fill up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    incredibly bad. It's not like Europe only has three languages ... guess where all the other languages will play?
    Even a lot of French and Germans will be rolling on Hazak so they can play with their friends from other countries, this server is going to have a meltdown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Probably among the additional EU-PVP-Eng servers they open when the first one gets full. You know, since these aren't the definite, final, no way of changing it ever server lists.
    Meanwhile the 1st one has a forever queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Englisch, french and German actually have the largest playerbases from europe. Germany is the biggest of the three i believe.

Spanish has be less and all the rest generally prefers EN servers, i know the dutch speaking playerbase does as i'm one of them.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

So... is the commodities market across server? I feel like if it's by server they might find Credd less successful than they were hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    These are the general concerns:
    • Concern if we are on a RP server people will be picked on/yelled at for not RP'ing
    • Concern if we look at doing a guild alliance or something our guild might not be liked because it won't be considered an RP name
    • Concern people will report them for not having good RP names
    • Concern that RP realms usually tend to be smaller so we might not be able to get enough people to raid

Those are the main ones and almost all of them are moot points :/
    Yeah the majority of people who play on RP servers don’t actually rp, the majority of people on rp servers go there because they feel they will be;
    a) More accepting of different people
    b) composed of nicer non-competetive playerbase.
    You are more likley to find people who make characters there just to harrass rpers than an RPer will harass a non-rper. RPers are a group that leave people who don’t RP alone much like dungeon and dragons basement nerds (and I say that affectionately) don’t go out in public to bad mouth Monster Truck fans. No, they do that in their private basements. :P

The Raid population might be a factor in this game however (its not in wow so much, even before X-realm raiding unless you had a low pop to begin with) as the population of players who actually raid are already going to be low by design.

10+ Year Old Account
    My partner is demanding we buy this game and play it together.

Yay or nay?

Deleted
    Decided to play a Medic. Shocking everything with Electricity reminds me of my Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

Yay or nay?
    Get it. I been messing around on the beta and am having a blast.

Yay or nay?
    Why not? If your partner is demanding as much you probably don't have a choice to begin with. ;p

Deleted

Yay or nay?
    Do it, always more fun with two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    I'm rolling a stalker, and I'm gonna tank.
    like all the cool kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    o-oh.

-sits in the bad idea corner-
    aww, don't be sad!

here, these should make you happy: *gives some sychedelic hugs*

I'm not a fan of "funny" or "clever" names usually, so it's all well that you didn't pick that horribad thing. xD
    so i take it my "Pearwolf" suggestion is out of the question as well, then? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    But that's like...literally the letters you used.
    oh please, english pronunciation is all over the damn place. in a language where "major" sounds almost like "nature", but "mature" sounds completely different, there is no "literally the letters you used" argument :P
    If you named yourself Crakhor I'd be yelling at you for the same reason.
    what's a Crakhor?
    Sycophant would be funny, but only if you were a Cassian.
    true xD
    Don't really like funny names anyways. I think it has something to do with the fact that I used Kittyvicious to be silly, only to wind up maining that character for 8 years. No more 'haha, I'll never play this character' names. Not ever.
    you know, Kittyvicious could actually be a pretty cool name for an aurin stalker...

eeeeyup.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Germany is the biggest of the three i believe.
    not really, since you have people from all over europe (and some other parts of the world) play on en eu servers, not just the ones who's native language is actually english.

Yay or nay?
    that depends: would you play aurin?
    Last edited by Sy; 2014-05-29 at 07:23 PM.