The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Ahh i thought it was supposed to be the 26th. Oh well some more info.
    Yeah I thought so when I first looked at the schedule too...then I realized that 'Patch Day' meant no announced date for the actual patch and it was sad times.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Sure, but this is never going to happen. As long as gold has purchasing power in a game, there will be a demand for it. But if the devs make gold worthless, then there's basically no economy. It's not an easy problem to solve.
    You are correct but apparently to a gold buyer I'm the bad guy for wanting a game that doesn't have goldsellers and their low life activities because effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You are correct but apparently to a gold buyer I'm the bad guy for wanting a game that doesn't have goldsellers and their low life activities because effort.
    You realize that continuing to repeat things that were never said isn't going to confuse people or make it reality, right?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah pretty much this. I got practically the same rig as you and we both know in most MMO's we get 50-60 fps, though I haven't played ESO(besides the 30 minutes in beta and never checked fps honestly), any pre 2014 game I get ~60 fps(no shadows in any games except real old ones like wow or lotro) Wish I could get more then my avg 35 fps but I have no issues getting out of red zone, or really any playing the game at all. Sure it dips down near AH but do you really need high frames at the AH?

Though he's also very ranty that the game is not finished or whatever, yet last month when asked if the game is ready to be released, he said it's "ready to go." Post #25385 But now whistling a completely different tune wasted their beta. So honestly, I think he played, realized the game is too hard for him and not derp easy wow mode, and is just screaming to high heavens about all the horrible things he percieves, when it's mostly his own pitfalls.
    Did you try the new AMD beta drivers? I shot up 15fps from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Ack.. anyone log into a certain other MMO after playing Wildstar and feel really really weird? I keep holding down shift and wondering why I'm not speeding up. General movement feels horrible.
    Yeah I keep trying to sprint, my dk feels insanely slow because of it. I also tried to double tap to dodge in a dungeon and constantly whine to myself when I jump that I can't double jump. The game also feels very slow and clunky which is what I always said when playing a new mmo. (SWTOR, TSW etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Activated my 7 days free for being a deserter and did an LFR to see how my new system performs compared to my old one. I constantly held down shift, especially when mounted. I smashed the spacebar relentlessly. I kept holding down my steer disable key when I was interacting with menu elements and generally moved my character like I was drunk. It felt hella weird. That being said...I still was #1 dps and was one of only 5 people who survived the durmumu purple death phase and then 5 manned the boss to death after that. It's been like...a year. /facedesk
    I found an addon for WoW that is just like steer. Called mouse look lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    I found an addon for WoW that is just like steer. Called mouse look lock.
    Hrm...in the past they've been completely against mods of this nature. If I play for real again, which is likely but not immediate, I'll try to find it. Hopefully the new content in Wildstar will get me hooked for a good while. We'll see.
    BAD WOLF

Hrm...in the past they've been completely against mods of this nature. If I play for real again, which is likely but not immediate, I'll try to find it. Hopefully the new content in Wildstar will get me hooked for a good while. We'll see.
    Only issue with it is it doesn't have automatic toggle. I use the C key to toggle on and off in Wildstar so that isn't an issue for me, I didn't like the automatic one so I just put C key as the toggle on the WoW one and was set. It also automatically puts A and D to strafe when it's toggled on.

My post wasn't to trivialize your opinion, merely to provide a joke reason why they are no good so we could all laugh about it. But since you picked my quote to rant from, you are either the most unlucky soul in the MMO universe or you are paying far too much attention to these things. I honestly cannot take you seriously with how acutely vehement you are about the issue. It has affected my game experience almost nil, other than having to report spamwiches in my mail. I also am not too concerned with anything other than playing the game right now...I don't see people teleporting all over the place, I find plenty of nodes to gather constantly, and have the opposite experience of what you have.
    I saw a number of people doing this before they did the bans. I actually was the first person in my guild to see it and they all thought I was crazy when I described it But I haven't seen anyone doing it since the bans which doesn't mean it doesn't still happen but it probably is happening less.

I guess we just paid way too much attention to it because it's not really an issue, and oh I can't tell you how much I enjoy having to authenticate with the google authenticator every time I log in because some people don't have the basic morales we teach 3 year olds that they shouldn't be stealing things that don't belong to us.
    I feel like it's worth pointing out that not all people who do bad things, do them because no one ever taught them not to... That's just a completely absurd statement. I mean seriously...

This whole side convo has informed everyone that doing bad things is bad... and no one like people who do bad things... unless they benefit from said bad things and the bad things don't happen to them. This is profound.

I mean I get your frustration, but you're arguing with people who aren't even disagreeing with you that these things aren't good. Kelim and Bovinity both have mentioned not buying gold and reporting people... which is the methods available to us. Proselytizing about the evils of gold sellers isn't going to magically make gold sellers feel bad or even convince people who buy gold not to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I saw a number of people doing this before they did the bans. I actually was the first person in my guild to see it and they all thought I was crazy when I described it But I haven't seen anyone doing it since the bans which doesn't mean it doesn't still happen but it probably is happening less.
    When I was questing in Algoroc two or three days ago I caught four separate botters. I see level 16s all over Crimson Badlands stealing my trees, and it's really funny to get them nuked by stuff. I was doing my 5 minute "run to malgrave and then immediately come back to Thayd" daily for my data fragment and saw a bot harvesting a tree. In fact, the tree he harvested despawned and resapwned so quickly that I had the honor of watching his character do a swing like he was connected to the biggest rubberband ever and it was actually kind of hilarious. It also gave me extra time to report him!

Anyways, the bots are still all over the place. I don't feel like I saw a reduction in them at all, but 2-3 bots per zone isn't as bad as it could be, I guess, and if they literally did nothing then there'd be a lot more.

I think we should just get the address of all banned bot accounts so we can enact vigilante justice, clearly. That is the only solution!
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Lol that does sound funny. I wonder if there are more bot accounts on more populated servers? Or maybe I'm just getting luck and missing them or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol that does sound funny. I wonder if there are more bot accounts on more populated servers? Or maybe I'm just getting luck and missing them or something.
    I'm on Viscoe's server and haven't seen one. That being said, I'm usually dead set on whatever I'm doing and could give a flip about anyone around me unless they are killing things I also need to kill. At which point I'm their new buddy. Since bots would never do this, it's easy to imagine why I've never seen one. I also only saw 1 bot in a decade of WoW, so clearly I'm not attuned to their shenanigans. My Botdar is way off. I did enjoy killing the one bot repeatedly when I found him. Belf Pally killing birds in tanaris...I killed him at least 20 times. It was enjoyable.
    BAD WOLF

Since they teleport away so fast you couldn't see their name I started hitting print screen so I could get their names. On Stormtalon there are so many that at one point I hit print screen, went and looked at the screenshot and couldn't make out any names because about 5 characters were all stacked on top of each other making it a jumble of letters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought me a licence too, hope it's good fun :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on Viscoe's server and haven't seen one. That being said, I'm usually dead set on whatever I'm doing and could give a flip about anyone around me unless they are killing things I also need to kill. At which point I'm their new buddy. Since bots would never do this, it's easy to imagine why I've never seen one. I also only saw 1 bot in a decade of WoW, so clearly I'm not attuned to their shenanigans. My Botdar is way off. I did enjoy killing the one bot repeatedly when I found him. Belf Pally killing birds in tanaris...I killed him at least 20 times. It was enjoyable.
    Yeah, I generally only notice them when they pop up and steal my nodes out from under me. Also the empty nodes they leave are obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    Since they teleport away so fast you couldn't see their name I started hitting print screen so I could get their names. On Stormtalon there are so many that at one point I hit print screen, went and looked at the screenshot and couldn't make out any names because about 5 characters were all stacked on top of each other making it a jumble of letters.
    Wow that's crazy, but super smart way to get them. I am definitely going to mention it to my guildies because I know a couple of them have had issues as well and were frustrated by not being able to catch the name for reporting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceale View Post
    Yeah, I generally only notice them when they pop up and steal my nodes out from under me. Also the empty nodes they leave are obnoxious.
    I guess they don't like hunting relics...there are more nodes than I even want to gather. Oh - and I care about people around me when they have giant green smilies on their heads!
    BAD WOLF

You are saying its the honest players fault for not having enough security to stop the hacker, then by extension its the bank tellers fault for handing the money over instead of double dog daring the robber to pull the trigger. If people would stop being lazy and not buy gold they wouldnt hack accounts or teleport farm, there would be no profit in doing so. But it's not a problem because lazy and I'm paying too much attention to it.
    Just pointing out that while it is still the fault of the criminal for doing the stealing/ hacking, if there is a known effective method of preventing your stuff from being stolen or your account from being hacked, and you choose not to use it when the issue is prevalent in your area...you're indirectly responsible for it happening to you.

Translated... if you live in an area of town that has a high theft rate, and you leave your front door open when you go to work.... you can't exactly JUST blame the criminals when you come home to an empty house.

I feel like it's worth pointing out that not all people who do bad things, do them because no one ever taught them not to... That's just a completely absurd statement. I mean seriously...

This whole side convo has informed everyone that doing bad things is bad... and no one like people who do bad things... unless they benefit from said bad things and the bad things don't happen to them. This is profound.

I mean I get your frustration, but you're arguing with people who aren't even disagreeing with you that these things aren't good. Kelim and Bovinity both have mentioned not buying gold and reporting people... which is the methods available to us. Proselytizing about the evils of gold sellers isn't going to magically make gold sellers feel bad or even convince people who buy gold not to do it.
    If proseletizing against the kinds of people I don't like, bank robbers and gold sellers convinces a single person to not do that activity then I have done the world a favor. I'm not saying they havent been taught to not do bad things but rather a worse crime in that they know it is wrong but justify their actions. I shouldn't have to use this annoying google authenticator to protect myself from hackers.

As for the teleporting guys, they teleport so quickly you wouldn't see them unless you look closely. If a node disapears on your map you just assume a regular player harvested it. They appear for the briefest of seconds to start a harvest, vacuum and teleport to the next node, they don't complete a harvest in that pass because they know within a minute they will be back at that node to briefly harvest again. This way even if they get aggro they can dump it before they get hit and it makes it harder for us to report them because we can't read their name or click on them and report them. Since players have been screen printing them they have been running multiple bots in the same space to jumble up the name.
    A single good computer can run dozens of these bots at one time, it may be one gold seller doing it but they move so fast over so many characters that they rake in the resources. They may only sell 25 on the auction house and may be vendoring out the majority of it but when I get to a tree that usually dispences 5 logs and I get 1 log that means I have to hit 5 more trees just to be able to make the items I want to make from those logs. I have to work 5 times harder because someone else is cheating with teleporting. So no, their effects on the game may not be up in your face but they do effect your game.
    The harder you have to work to profit in this game the more likely you are going to rely on goldseller services which plays right into the hands of the goldsellers. In FFXI they bottomed out the majority of the market and sold high end items to themself over and over to raise the value of the rare items they would bot off notorious monsters (rares) to increase their gold and ultimately to drive you to buying their gold since there were very few legitimate ways for you to make profit. The harder it is for you to be successful with your own efforts the more real money they rake in.

10+ Year Old Account
    If proseletizing against the kinds of people I don't like, bank robbers and gold sellers convinces a single person to not do that activity then I have done the world a favor
    I'm *this close* to being convinced that I should sell my gold just to undo these magical favors you are doing the world. Also...still equating armed robbery to gold selling...it's past absurd. I'm surprised you haven't pulled a Godwin on us at this point.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Yeah. I'm not sure what is going on with the bots either. On Hazak EU I've not yet ran across any and that realm is fuller than full, and if there were any bots I'm confused as to why I'm still finding a ton of relics and mining ores anywhere I go.

Guild progress is on 3/6 20m bosses so far.
    You will see the nodes but they will have reduced resources on them. They only mine it for the initial drop and then teleport away in under a second to protect themselves from aggro and reporting. They will be back in under a minute so they really get the same resources anyways even if they dont finish the resource off.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm *this close* to being convinced that I should sell my gold just to undo these magical favors you are doing the world. Also...still equating armed robbery to gold selling...it's past absurd. I'm surprised you haven't pulled a Godwin on us at this point.
    You are equating robbery to gold selling, I'm just saying both are bad. Child molestation is bad and so is walking around punching people for no reason. They may be various levels of bad but it is still bad behavior. I am saying that justifying bank robbery because the money is insured doesn't mean they didnt threaten the lives of the people in the bank. Bovine can justify goldselling hackers because you should of had security on your account doesn't mean that someone doesn't feel violated for having their account stolen. A lot of players who get hacked quit because they don't want to do everything all over to get back where they were or just plain out flat feel violated. Both types of people got robbed but one robbery was a direct threat to a persons life and the other was done anonimously on the internet. They have different levels of bad but that doesn't mean they are not both bad behavior.

Just because you can justify doing something bad doesn't mean it's not bad.

And becoming a gold seller for sarcastic revenge against some guy on the internet you don't exactly agree with is obviously the way to teach me a life lesson because for some reason I care about your sarcastic revenge.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2014-06-26 at 06:28 PM.

As for the teleporting guys, they teleport so quickly you wouldn't see them unless you look closely.
    Yea, pretty sure your posting has convinced exactly zero people to stop behaving badly. But hey, if anyone has decided to repent please post because it would be good to know this actually accomplished something.

As for never seeing the people... what? Are you running low FPS or something? I haven't ever seen a node disappear without someone ever having been there. They aren't there for long, but they do go there and it's generally possible to see them coming in and out. Which is why the idea of screenshotting them doing this is brilliant for catching the names to report.