10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    That's debatable. I've been to quite a few "new" MMOs (launch) and two weeks tops after it coming people are expected to know it inside out. Most recent for me was FF14:ARR , 1 week into the game, i was already getting groups with bro gamers "wtf why u no know tacts for this? How dare you queue into my dungeon and not know what to do." Despite the fact that there were 0 decent sites for that game , at least within that first month, and very few youtube videos with tacts, other than those shady videos with some random rock/death metal song playing.
    i don't think ff14 attracts the same kind of players as wildstar, though.

obviously there will always be many trolls and jerks in every online game, but i'm hoping wildstar's focus on humor and somewhat cartoony visuals will have less of them.

plus the devs are trying to make boss fights challenging in a way that still makes it easy to understand what's going on just by playing, mainly of course with all the different kinds of telegraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Might just be that game.

With tera I found what acidbaron true. With even WoW expansions I found this true, with LOTR I found this true, with rift this is true, and with wildstar I'm sure it will be as well.
    i don't remember about rift, but i had mostly good experiences with the people in swtor and gw2 too :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah might be, i certainly hope people will be more light hearted with this game.

If they don't change the color of enemy nameplates thank god for addons.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If they don't change the color of enemy nameplates thank god for addons.
    Addons: Making up for deficiencies in the base UI since whenever the fuck they came about.

: D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    That's debatable. I've been to quite a few "new" MMOs (launch) and two weeks tops after it coming people are expected to know it inside out. Most recent for me was FF14:ARR , 1 week into the game, i was already getting groups with bro gamers "wtf why u no know tacts for this? How dare you queue into my dungeon and not know what to do." Despite the fact that there were 0 decent sites for that game , at least within that first month, and very few youtube videos with tacts, other than those shady videos with some random rock/death metal song playing.
    That wasn't really a new MMO that was an mmo that was relaunched with a lot of players that already knew the game from the previous version.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i don't think ff14 attracts the same kind of players as wildstar, though.

obviously there will always be many trolls and jerks in every online game, but i'm hoping wildstar's focus on humor and somewhat cartoony visuals will have less of them.

plus the devs are trying to make boss fights challenging in a way that still makes it easy to understand what's going on just by playing, mainly of course with all the different kinds of telegraphs.

i don't remember about rift, but i had mostly good experiences with the people in swtor and gw2 too :]
    I guess thats partially true. For rift, dungeons were a nightmare for newer players unless they grouped with friends. For raiding though, the raid leader explained fights for 3 new members (including myself) like it was no big deal. Which is what I'm sure we'll run into with wildstar after a few months. Its just become a regular with with MMO's in which have some form of LFD tool. Faster grouping means they want to get it done faster. I never had this problem in TBC & early wrath as far as people getting upset over not knowing fights, but then again I did queue mostly with friends/guildies so it either wasn't necessary or we had proper communication before the bosses.

I should really get leveling again in gw2...I'm missing so much good stuff. Just 80 levels feels forever...

And back on topic...
    Last edited by Angarin; 2013-11-16 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Addons: Making up for deficiencies in the base UI since whenever the fuck they came about.

Preach it SISTA!

10+ Year Old Account
    addons are actually a major selling point for me. most mmo interfaces are just crap, or at least nowhere near how i prefer to set up my own. gw2's is pretty good, but could still use more information, independent resizing, situational highlighting, etc.

plus there are many addons that just give small quality-of-life improvements, like for chat or auction house stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Stick a corgi somewhere in there.
    I would but I am fail at photoshop

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i stuck not one, but two corgis in there!

space corgis, no less.
    no, i'm not mad if you still prefer your current one ;)
    OMG... it's so amazing! I can use it for awhile

Idk... I get lore reasons and stuff... but I really am annoyed with class/race restrictions On a different topic, I hope they do a dungeon preview thing for a livestream at some point. That could be really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Please go explain this to bioware.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Than you all would be happy to know it has been confirmed that a lot of -know- addon developer from other mmo's are in the beta and a lot of them are working. You would be surprised when it all becomes public how many of your favorite WoW addons might already have a WS counter part.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    OMG... it's so amazing! I can use it for awhile
    ^_^
    Idk... I get lore reasons and stuff... but I really am annoyed with class/race restrictions On a different topic, I hope they do a dungeon preview thing for a livestream at some point. That could be really interesting.
    yeah, i kinda agree.

i think it's fine for wow, because that already had a decade of rich lore that fans knew. plus it has more races and classes than most others, so there are still plenty of choices.

but for something like wildstar, i feel it's overly restricting. i'm generally a big lore fan myself, but i don't think it would feel too far off to have at least some individuals of each of the big starfaring races trained in whatever gives them an edge in their war efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Than you all would be happy to know it has been confirmed that a lot of -know- addon developer from other mmo's are in the beta and a lot of them are working. You would be surprised when it all becomes public how many of your favorite WoW addons might already have a WS counter part.
    uuuuh O:
    sounds promising!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Wow, thats amazing.

Addons day 1? Lulz

Could be worse, they could make a gender neutral race and the only way to make it appear feminine is pink fur...

oh wait..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Wow, thats amazing.

Addons day 1? Lulz
    Yes, it's even so that Carbine has a working UI development kit. It's Called Houston, you may read about it here

And on top of that you get a beta key priority if you have a portfolio of complete and popular addons in other games. At least it used to be so as for which addons i'm going to respect the NDA the people have signed and not going to disclose that type of information but yes, you'll have addons on the first day.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's hoping for some good RP addons!

10+ Year Old Account
    Addon day 1 = hype

Wildstar already has a "damage breakdown" addon. Tehee. No healing one at the moment yet though.

I rewatched the first dungeon boss fight severly times to check movement of each of the participants. And I can tell you that everybody could have eaten about 50% less damage. Let alone all these stuns the healer himself ate. However, every time a telegraph was over he insited to move without any reason. The tank also did eat many BIG hits without any reasons.. *sign*
    Overall the healing mechanics are fine in my opinion. You can choose HoT, Single Target or Telegraph abilities. So, if any boss need that much of movement, you still can just use singletarget heals and be sure to hit your allies.

I'm glad they got enough feedback after the warrior stream to ensure that the esper stream would be more interresting to watch. They hit more different points of gameplay rather than simply running around accomplishing nothing.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Wildstar already has a "damage breakdown" addon. Tehee. No healing one at the moment yet though.
    yay!

i know there's a good reason for why many people (and developers) dislike damage meters and the like, but i think it's needed to compare different speccs and abilities to each other, to optimize dps and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    I rewatched the first dungeon boss fight severly times to check movement of each of the participants. And I can tell you that everybody could have eaten about 50% less damage. Let alone all these stuns the healer himself ate. However, every time a telegraph was over he insited to move without any reason. The tank also did eat many BIG hits without any reasons.. *sign*
    i've only watched it once so far, but that's the impression i got too. i don't think it's realistic to expect anyone but the absolute best players to avoid everything, but it still looked like they took a lot of unnecessary damage and stuns, and moved when they didn't need to, making it harder for the healer.