Carbine have just dropped the NDA for levels 1-15 for many members of the world press. Everything from lore and character creation to mount customisation and combat!

http://www.pcgamesn.com/hands-wildstar-beta
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/12...housing-engin/
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...dable-MMO.html
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNg...kF3fDm-5K5i3_Q

and so on....
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-12-12 at 05:34 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Although TESO is a big franchise, I don't think TESO has any chance to survive against WoD and Wildstar. The latter two are going to release their products relatively close to it. Regardless of that, the first one to release their product will get good box sales and a better chance to survive in the long run. There hasn't been any new MMO's since GW2, so the MMO playerbase is hungry for a new product. The first one catches the big fish.
    Wildstar will have difficulty in that it has non-standard mobs; no common fantasy types.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Wildstar will have difficulty in that it has non-standard mobs; no common fantasy types.
    1) Not true. 2) Wut?
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Well it's a bit hard to judge whether that is a good thing or a bad thing?

Some people like sci-fi, but hate traditional fantasy.

Some like it the other way around.

Some like both.

Which group is the biggest, I have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Boy IGN got all the goodies today.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/...nical-engineer

There is a 17 minute vid in there too.
    while some found her "annoying" she was asking many of the questions I wanted to hear.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    I love a change of settings for MMO, there's only a handful of typical sci-fi MMO's in the current market at the moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    I love a change of settings for MMO, there's only a handful of typical sci-fi MMO's in the current market at the moment.
    Me, too. I had my apples in the SWTOR basket, but someone stole my apples
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's dispel the misconception that this isn't a fantasy game, because it's scifi/fantasy. There are classic fantasy monsters you will see, but their aesthetic isn't a carbon copy of WoW like people want to claim. You will see yetis and goblins, all sorts of humanoid animals, etc. They will be immediately recognizable based on looks. What they will be called, idk. The difference is you will see these things with 20 foot tall robots and other crazy things.

Anyone claiming otherwise is 100% uninformed or outright lying. This has been your daily Wildstar fact check.
    BAD WOLF

the new wave of beta testers are terrible

I know...NDA and all of that. I just had to vent somewhere. First time I've turned off chat

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

I know...NDA and all of that. I just had to vent somewhere. First time I've turned off chat
    It can't be worse than it was in the stress test?

I didn't play in the stress test. I know it wasn't going to a pleasant experience so I stayed away. I can imagine how it was though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

Just read what some of them are lobbying to change the game to. It's as bad as SWTOR beta... From what I hear that is.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    It was so rough that devs started banning people, because of how they acted in the chat

It was so rough that devs started banning people, because of how they acted in the chat
    I may or may not have seen that, dunno if im allowed to say...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I may or may not have seen that, dunno if im allowed to say...
    Oh yes. This is all rumors I heard of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Let's dispel the misconception that this isn't a fantasy game, because it's scifi/fantasy. There are classic fantasy monsters you will see, but their aesthetic isn't a carbon copy of WoW like people want to claim. You will see yetis and goblins, all sorts of humanoid animals, etc. They will be immediately recognizable based on looks. What they will be called, idk. The difference is you will see these things with 20 foot tall robots and other crazy things.

Anyone claiming otherwise is 100% uninformed or outright lying. This has been your daily Wildstar fact check.
    Yea.. if Lops, Aurin, and Granok aren't very fantasy based... well I just don't know what the world is coming too. Wildstar is definitely not pure Scifi. Heck, I think their artistic style alone puts them into the fantasy category a good bit.

Also, no one here has been reading anything because no one here is in beta. Right?

Deleted
    Oh yes. This is all rumors I heard of course.

saw them ban players under the tress test. children getting hold of the betas, makes me so sad

Let's just hope Carbine arnt morons like Bioware and don't give into massive whining during the beta.

Whiners in the SWTOR beta changed several things that would have improved the game. Like being able to kill companions.

On twitch I saw free beta title, what this mean? Its OB active or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

I much prefer the sci-fi over the fantasy in genre twisters, and I feel that when mixed, fantasy elements tend to marginalize or trivialize the sci-fi ones. The best example I can think of is the Star Wars universe, like regarding the Force vs technology.

When do the elemental or spiritual aspects win over the scientific ones? I know the old adage "advanced technology looks like magic", but when magic is just plainly accepted in a universe, it tends to be the stronger or more inexplicable force compared to technology. How often do you see things like ghosts or souls guiding or helping the hero when faced down with superior firepower or an inescapable situation? Technology is just treated as a construct of mortals, and by comparison, inferior to the omnipresent forces of magic and life or whatever holds the universe together.

I would prefer that the universe of Wildstar focuses more on its sci-fi (which is what drew me to it in the first place), rather than just explaining everything away as magic and having the only purpose of technology be for spaceships and guns.