Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Oh... that's kind of cool and weird lol. I never realized that was how it worked.
    What Sy is trying to tell you is that when you take your Stalker suit off, you will look like that guy Pinhead from Hellraiser. *shudder*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I saw some boss fights now and don't you think the heavy use of telegraphs and geometrical symbols and outlines take away from the art design and the immersion? It looks very technical to me.
    yes, but that can't really be helped with how combat works in wildstar. telegraphs may not be pretty, but they are essential to the gameplay. reducing the number would make the actual combat more boring, and any attempt at making them prettier would likely result in even more chaotic fireworks all over the screen, which is already a problem with these very simple telegraph graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, FFXIV has the same issue with the "overuse of red zone as a fight mechanic" thing.
    It gets to where every fight feels like a Heigan dance, just moving out of "the red" over and over.
    To be honest - all Wildstar Boss Videos look like that to me. The patterns of the red zones change and move but that's what people have to do all the time "do not stand in red stuff".
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    wanna see how you want to inject nano's into a living rock, besides he weights about half a ton and cant sneak o0
    I wanna see your reasoning behind a living rock. If you're going to apply realism to the argument don't half ass it.

And, again, Predators. They're huge and their movies pioneered the modern concept of science-fiction optical camouflage.
    After all, this disccussion for all can be all is like the hippies come back to the world. You cant be anything you want to be, how hard is that to comprehend? Its the same with real life. You are not supposed to be a superstar with the voice of the next century, because you lack rhythm, you will not become the first person on Mars, simply because you are not physically strong enough, you will not be a bishop, because you dont believe in god or simply you belive in something else.
    I'm also never going to be in the middle of an interstellar war fought by multiple alien races for a planet that is ripe with ancient technologies.

Good thing there's video games.
    Why does anybody demand that they want to be anything? Its rediculous for an RPG game to fit any role. The Dominion only exist in its current state, because the leader thinks that the current races are useful to him. If cassians could be do anything better than other classes, there would be no dominion to start with.
    I must have missed the part where I demanded it be changed. It was asked what our opinion was and I, among others, voiced my displeasure.

And I'm a little lost on that lore excuse. It really doesn't seem to have anything to do with classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    It's not bullshit. You can call it whatever you like, but the game devs made these decisions for a reason, doesn't matter what they are. If it's for lore reasons, then it's for lore reasons. It makes sense, from that standpoint, whether you personally think it does or not. Bitching about it won't change it. Get over it.

If you don't like it, then don't play the game. Otherwise, go make your own game with the race/class combos you want. It's literally nothing but aesthetics anyway. It affects game play zero.
    If you want to tell me how the lore excuses their choices then actually discuss the god damn lore.

The german fansite arkship already speculates about new classes for a later release of W*. Charmer and Sorcerer to fill the lack of Moxie needing classes. Maybe I will get my Staff class

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

15+ Year Old Account
    I always find it funny when people use the "reality" excuse when making an argument in MMO's. You threw reality out the window when you started playing a game where furry cat humanoids are shooting massive fireballs out of guns.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

charmer and sorcerer? I thought this was supposed to be a sci-fi mmo

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If you want to tell me how the lore excuses their choices then actually discuss the god damn lore.
    Temper, temper. Sheesh. Some people get so butthurt over the smallest things.

And as to fulfilling your request, the answers have literally been right in front of you this whole time...you just keep choosing to ignore them/write them off as BS. You may consider them weak excuses, but they are excuses none the less....ones which the Devs are using and you really can't do anything about.

Chua and Aurin can't be warriors because of their extremely small physique. Not to mention that a Chua wielding a giant, nuclear-powered greatsword would look extremely awkward and retarded. Aurin aren't warriors, because once again, small physique and the fact that they are more "nature oriented"....which wielding a huge nuclear-powered sword just doesn't make sense with (this also applies to the medics and engineer classes....that advanced, and in the case of the engineer, destructive, tech just doesn't fit their philosophy). Aurins being stalkers and using that tech does actually make sense, because it's more of a bio-tech than it is anything else and doesn't produce huge, explosive forces in the process, not to mention their small size and sneaky nature fit that role perfectly.

And Granok and Drakken not being esper makes sense in the fact that they are mainly just physical brutes who don't necessarily use their minds and wit to fight with. Mordesh aren't espers because they are mainly a technological race and not really a "mental/psychological" oriented race. Mechari aren't espers for OBVIOUS reasons...they're machines and therefore don't really have brains.

These are just a few examples that I've been able to gather just by reading and watching streams. There are more examples of some of the other race/class combos and why they do or do not exist. It's actually just basic comprehension skills. Like I said, the reasons and lore (however weak you personally find them) are there, you just chose to ignore them or think they're stupid. At which point I have to say again, get over it. It's not likely to change by launch. Maybe later on down the road it will, but not now. So find a race/class combo you do like, play it, and enjoy it. /end

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    I always find it funny when people use the "reality" excuse when making an argument in MMO's. You threw reality out the window when you started playing a game where furry cat humanoids are shooting massive fireballs out of guns.
    How do you know that's not a reality already somewhere in the universe? How do you know that it won't be a reality in the future? The massive fireballs out of guns thing is definitely plausible, all we need to do is find or create a furry cat humanoid species now.

Deleted
    *snip*

The art style that is ripped from another game i shall not name doesnt help.

4/10 would not sub.
    Would play if it was buy to play.

NDA's and all that jazz. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-01-02 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Played it. wasnt impressed.
    For a game that pretends to cater to "hardcore players", bosses etc are ridiculously easy and obvious in their attacks.
    It's almost like the game is in a closed beta or something

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    What Sy is trying to tell you is that when you take your Stalker suit off, you will look like that guy Pinhead from Hellraiser. *shudder*
    Ewwww!!!! Guess I'll have to never take the suit off then!

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    charmer and sorcerer? I thought this was supposed to be a sci-fi mmo
    Considering the majority of what they've shown with races, abilities, equipment, and even zones would fit more into WoW than a sci-fi game (not even getting into the art style..), it's definitely very light on the sci-fi. I mean, you have a class devoted to using a big sword.. another using what, dual daggers? Yeah..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It's almost like the game is in a closed beta or something
    Its almost like butthurt wankers use this "HURR IETS BEYTAR" to defend anything.

Bosses being piss easy and telegraphed to the point a baboon could manage it aint gonna get changed.

Please be respectful when posting. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-01-02 at 01:18 AM.

Its almost like butthurt wankers use this "HURR IETS BEYTAR" to defend anything.

Bosses being piss easy and telegraphed to the point a baboon could manage it aint gonna get changed.
    I have a better one - how about "how much of the game have you played?" Oh wait, it's beta, so they can't actually ask that and expect an answer. But expecting "omgz I'm hardcore look at my epeen for beating this guy" bosses from 15 levels of gameplay is silly at best, and not at all in line with what they've actually said.

15+ Year Old Account

You've raided already?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    I always find it funny when people make the "Salvador Dali" excuse. You know, the one where you say "because magic exists, there are no rules". Because apparently, once you tread into the realm of fantasy, cause and effect have no relationship, there are no physical laws, nothing matters, and everything amounts to some sort of trippy acid sequence that makes the pink elephant scene in Dumbo look like paint drying.

You can break the laws of reality in fantasy just fine, on one condition: You explain why you are doing it in some way, and your explanation not only makes sense, but is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrath View Post
    You can break the laws of reality in fantasy just fine, on one condition: You explain why you are doing it in some way, and your explanation not only makes sense, but is cool.
    I wish we hadn't heard anything about miticlorines. Ever.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    Considering the majority of what they've shown with races, abilities, equipment, and even zones would fit more into WoW than a sci-fi game (not even getting into the art style..), it's definitely very light on the sci-fi. I mean, you have a class devoted to using a big sword.. another using what, dual daggers? Yeah..
    well I agree that it is definitely a lot more fantasy than Sci-Fi. I was just showing a bit of my disappointment with my comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrath View Post
    I always find it funny when people make the "Salvador Dali" excuse. You know, the one where you say "because magic exists, there are no rules". Because apparently, once you tread into the realm of fantasy, cause and effect have no relationship, there are no physical laws, nothing matters, and everything amounts to some sort of trippy acid sequence that makes the pink elephant scene in Dumbo look like paint drying.

Well said. I hate it when people respond with "well, because magic" or "well, because fantasy". No, I don't care how far fetched something seems, give some sort of half-way reasonable explanation as to why it is the way it is. Just like some people in this thread who keep QQing about how it doesn't make sense for certain races to be restricted on their classes. Guess what? The devs have given lore reasons as to why, and they honestly have some merit to them. So just accept it and move on. Don't keep QQing and say,"Well it's sci-fi, and fantasy, and magic, and technology, so therefore we should be able to have whatever we want, however we want it!" Ummm, no.

Just because something can be done, for the sake of being done, doesn't mean it should. I'd rather have restricted race/class combos that make sense from a lore perspective and fit into the game setting as opposed to "fuck it, here you go guys, HAVE EVERYTHING, just because we can".

This is one of the level 20 dungeon bosses in action at 9 minutes 15 seconds:

To be honest, this reminds me of the old and now disfunctional (because Blizzard found it too easy that way and disabled LUA features that made that possible) WoW Addon AVR. Here a picture of AVR in action at that time:
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-01-02 at 01:38 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!