So I just logged in to claim my free level 50.

First, I got a message that I needed to enter a verification code because the game didn't like my IP. So I entered the code it sent to my email. Said "Sorry, invalid code". I had to try two more times before I got a code that worked. And that's before the game even loaded - not patching, not logging in, just to open the freaking launcher.

Next, I logged in and went to the character select screen. I have two characters now, and it said I could purchase an additional slot by spending 180 of some stupid thing, or 115 omnibits, or choco-bits, or whatever they were. I spent the 115 fitbits and got my third slot. There was also a slot that said "Claim your free level 50!" with an arrow behind it, so I clicked on that.

Went all the way through character creation, named my character, hit the button to create my free level 50, and what do I see?

"Oops! You can't create another character because your account is full!"

So not only do I not have a free level 50, I also don't have the 115 sugarbits I spent to unlock the slot. Yeah, I'm really going to bother with this game after that.

Oh - one thing I do have now?

The free disk space I regained by deleting the game from my system. So that's a win.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Deleted
    Math is hard

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So I just logged in to claim my free level 50.

First, I got a message that I needed to enter a verification code because the game didn't like my IP. So I entered the code it sent to my email. Said "Sorry, invalid code". I had to try two more times before I got a code that worked. And that's before the game even loaded - not patching, not logging in, just to open the freaking launcher.

Next, I logged in and went to the character select screen. I have two characters now, and it said I could purchase an additional slot by spending 180 of some stupid thing, or 115 omnibits, or choco-bits, or whatever they were. I spent the 115 fitbits and got my third slot. There was also a slot that said "Claim your free level 50!" with an arrow behind it, so I clicked on that.

Went all the way through character creation, named my character, hit the button to create my free level 50, and what do I see?

"Oops! You can't create another character because your account is full!"

So not only do I not have a free level 50, I also don't have the 115 sugarbits I spent to unlock the slot. Yeah, I'm really going to bother with this game after that.

Oh - one thing I do have now?

The free disk space I regained by deleting the game from my system. So that's a win.
    Yeah IP verification is stupid. There needs to be a way to disable it from the account settings because as a user with a Dynamic/Roaming IP I end up doing that a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    They could have just given them rune tokens too like they did for an old revamp. The vendors are even still there.

The lack of a tutorial for new players is kind of badly executed. An intro to your lv 50 would have been good, something to teach new players, a bit extra story for vets, and make it skippable if you had a lv 50 prior to the event. But this makes it feel somewhat rushed.

A couple games do this with their boost, and it helps new players with the basics well enough.

This one seems to throw you into the fray without warning and it can cause a rift between new players and vets.
    Carbine stink at communication, and the community team is run by ncsoft....and they are even worse

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Math is hard
    You realize acting like this push's people away from the game right....

Ontopic: Logging in I remembered one of the main reasons I stopped playing. The UI does my fucken head in.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Math is hard
    Are you really going to act like this? Someone has issues setting the game up and your only response is "Math is hard?". And you wonder why people say the community of Wildstar is toxic. Great attitude to have towards an interested player right there.

so... made my lvl 50. lack of tutorial is... not great. i mean I'm not completely new to the game, but I never made it past level 15 either so I'm kinda new still? (not to mention I haven't played in .. a long while) they do give you a bread crumb to go to a quest area, but.. other then that you are just given bags of stuff and only couple of hint prompts here and there. so I went to housing plot, ran around it for a bit, retrieved some of my account rewards.. and logged out again. there are links to new lvl 50 guildes in a launcher, I may check them out and see if I feel any more comfortable.

edited to add - at minni, yes apparently math IS hard. for YOU. person has 2 characters and two character slots. they buy a third character slot to create a third character. and yet, the game doesn't allow them to do so. who is at fault here? not the person who bought the extra character slot for their new character, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    so... made my lvl 50. lack of tutorial is... not great. i mean I'm not completely new to the game, but I never made it past level 15 either so I'm kinda new still? (not to mention I haven't played in .. a long while) they do give you a bread crumb to go to a quest area, but.. other then that you are just given bags of stuff and only couple of hint prompts here and there. so I went to housing plot, ran around it for a bit, retrieved some of my account rewards.. and logged out again. there are links to new lvl 50 guildes in a launcher, I may check them out and see if I feel any more comfortable.
    Honestly they should have just given us 5 plat or High Rune sets or mats to craft them. Friend of mine gave me 5 plat to buy the mats so that's how I got my High Runes since I'm not wasting sets on ilvl 70 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Honestly they should have just given us 5 plat or High Rune sets or mats to craft them.
    I would NOT say no to that. but there should also be a, IMO better tutorial even explaining runes. because i mean I played enough to know that they exist andwhere they go and noticed empty slots on gear. but someone who just started out wouldn't even know about that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You realize acting like this push's people away from the game right....

Ontopic: Logging in I remembered one of the main reasons I stopped playing. The UI does my fucken head in.
    Never been to keen on the default UI myself personally. Always been a gripe of mine with Wildstar. Another one is how poorly the game is optimized. Sat on an FX 6300 and GTX 1050 here and frames are all over the place.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-12 at 06:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I would NOT say no to that. but there should also be a, IMO better tutorial even explaining runes. because i mean I played enough to know that they exist andwhere they go and noticed empty slots on gear. but someone who just started out wouldn't even know about that at all.
    Hate the rune system TBH

Never been to keen on the default UI myself personally. Always been a gripe of mine with Wildstar. Another one is how poorly the game is optimized. Sat on an FX 6300 and GTX 1050 here and frames are all over the place.
    I didn't notice any fps issues but ya the UI from top to bottom is sooo bad. Its such a massive turn off.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I didn't notice any fps issues but ya the UI from top to bottom is sooo bad. Its such a massive turn off.
    Dips like crazy. Know for a fact it's not bottlenecking or my card. The engine has always been poorly optimized but to be fair there are worse engines. And it's even worse on an AMD GPU. Seen people with R9 390s and RX 480s struggling with it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-12 at 07:14 PM.

Dips like crazy. Know for a fact it's not bottlenecking or my card. The engine has always been poorly optimized but to be fair there are worse engines. And it's even worse on an AMD GPU. Seen people with R9 390s and RX 480s struggling with it.
    Dam, I didn't leave the starting spot for the boosted level 50's. I fucked with the UI for a few and decided to que up for a dungeon. Once I saw the que time was 1hr, I said screw it I got other stuff to do lol.

Deleted
    Dam, I didn't leave the starting spot for the boosted level 50's. I fucked with the UI for a few and decided to que up for a dungeon. Once I saw the que time was 1hr, I said screw it I got other stuff to do lol.
    queue timer says 1 hour even when I'm getting instant BG pops lmao, think it's been half broken since cross faction! The quest UI is OK if you don't have any

queue timer says 1 hour even when I'm getting instant BG pops lmao, think it's been half broken since cross faction! The quest UI is OK if you don't have any
    So the UI isn't ok then. Glad we got that sorted. It looks like garbage when you have a bunch of quests. But sure let's just avoid quests in an MMORPG.

So the UI isn't ok then. Glad we got that sorted. It looks like garbage when you have a bunch of quests. But sure let's just avoid quests in an MMORPG.
    IMO for someone new the UI is a massive turnoff. Trying to find anything is a nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just disabling the Ui gives me like 10-15fps extra :S

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Just disabling the Ui gives me like 10-15fps extra :S
    Oh wow, That's kinda funny and sad.

the original UI this game had was amazing back in beta. i remember it was like the last couple days of the free beta and the UI changed and it was awful.

with the new UI came blurriness and fps problems and it hasn't gotten any better since.

i really like this game, i dig the vibes of it. i just wish i could make them bring back that original UI.